Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags gave us the game

BProland85

I definitely think the old school fans appreciate the wins more. Not that we are better fans I just think after going through losing season after losing season after losing season we are glad for any win. Not to mention the whole leaving town in the middle of the night thing. Some Colts fans are spoiled by how well the team has played in recent years. I will admit I have gotten a little spoiled myself but all I have to do is reflect back to how things were before and I can easily stay grounded. Enjoy every win that comes your way because you never know when you will get another.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that if given the opportunity to draft a player early or late in a round, anyone would choose early 100% of the time as THEY BELIEVE the more talented players are still available.

Fixed that for you. 

Being selected high in the draft has absolutely ZERO correlation to success in this league. There are more (and by a good amount) good players in this league drafted outside the top half of the first round than is produced in the top half of the first round. 

There are good, productive players to be found beyond the top half of the first round. It's on a front office to find them. If they can't do it in the bottom half of the first round or later, being in the top half of the first probably isn't going to help them either. 

I actually think we would've lost with Luck

Hasselbeck really got clicking. Made smart decisions & really took care of the ball

Luck would've thrown like 2 picks

Okay... If Luck played with that gameplan, those deep balls would have been caught. Luck always kills the Jaguars. I'm sure Luck would play better against any NFL team than Hasselbeck.

Fixed that for you. 

Being selected high in the draft has absolutely ZERO correlation to success in this league. There are more (and by a good amount) good players in this league drafted outside the top half of the first round than is produced in the top half of the first round. 

There are good, productive players to be found beyond the top half of the first round. It's on a front office to find them. If they can't do it in the bottom half of the first round or later, being in the top half of the first probably isn't going to help them either. 

http://datascopeanalytics.com/blog/the-chance-of-a-bust-in-the-nfl-draft/

Why are you a fan if u want us to tank after 4 weeks?? Crazy..Hey lets tank to draft a high pick olineman.. Sexy..Exciting.. April come quicker..Really we are not the Browns!! Is it possible we get hot in the playoffs?? Stranger things have happened.. Playoffs are way more entertaining than a top oline pick..sheesh

Why are you a fan if u want us to tank after 4 weeks?? Crazy..Hey lets tank to draft a high pick olineman.. Sexy..Exciting.. April come quicker..Really we are not the Browns!! Is it possible we get hot in the playoffs?? Stranger things have happened.. Playoffs are way more entertaining than a top oline pick..sheesh

Not sure if you are asking me but since I commented last I believe you are. I never said to tank, if you scroll up you'll see I was only correcting someone's incorrect view about draft prospects. Like you said, stranger things have happened. I'm all in baby so let's hope for the best (another great season and a front office shake up).

It's the difference in playing a safe controlled game and playing hero ball no matter what the score is. I hope Luck was taking notes. If he can mix how he plays with how Hasselbeck plays, we can be putting up a lot more points.

Exactly. Luck is on the yellow brick road. He just hasn't reached OZ yet. And when he does? Look out brother NFL teams. You ain't seen nothing yet. (Bachman Turner Overdrive compliment)

The Colts won't need to tank to get a high draft pick....

I think the Jags, Bears, Saints, Bucs, and Lions pick in the top 5. 6-10 is probably Texans, Eagles, Raiders, Browns, and 49ers. Colts are in line for a top 15 pick possibly.

Assuming Luck isn't out for an extended period of time, we're going to win the division, and that means the highest we'll pick will be #21.

Assuming Luck isn't out for an extended period of time, we're going to win the division, and that means the highest we'll pick will be #21.

I see us at worst 7-9 and at best 9-7. We could be 8-8 or 9-7 and win the division. The 8-8, 9-7 teams usually start picking around 12-17. So maybe not exactly top 15 but somewhere around that. 9-7 and missing the playoffs would put us pretty high up though. But that would only happen if another team in our division gets 10 wins

Let me see what we look like against the Texans and how healthy Luck is though.

I see us at worst 7-9 and at best 9-7. We could be 8-8 or 9-7 and win the division. The 8-8, 9-7 teams usually start picking around 12-17. So maybe not exactly top 15 but somewhere around that. 9-7 and missing the playoffs would put us pretty high up though. But that would only happen if another team in our division gets 10 wins

If you make the playoffs, the lowest you pick is #21. 

And as a matter of fact, if you win your division, you pick after the wild card teams, regardless of record. So actually, assuming we win the division, we don't pick any higher than #25. 

And as a matter of fact, if you win your division, you pick after the wild card teams, regardless of record. So actually, assuming we win the division, we don't pick any higher than #25.

Hey at least we are closing in on passing the undefeated dolphins for consecutive division games won if we can get a W on Thursday.

pretty much we will prolly have a crap record but our god awful division will screw us out of a top pick and Grigson will also prolly get to keep his job sadly

Wow. That really says a lot about the division. We could go 8-8 and not have a top pick because it doesn't look like anyone else in our division can win 8-9 games

Good Lord this team is going to get pummelled against good teams this year. It takes the Colts overtime and 2 late missed FGs by the Jags for them to get a win?

At this point I want the higher draft picks, so they can actually get playmakers on the defense and studs on the OL....

Oh, and a NEW OC!!!

Wow, you do realize that a 40 year old Back up started yesterday right?

I don't want to even think about the draft after just finishing week 4. That means the football season is over!

I'm just happy that we WON! It was cool to see Matt playing his tail end off out there. AND, we're first place in the division again. This will be an interesting year.

I definitely think the old school fans appreciate the wins more. Not that we are better fans I just think after going through losing season after losing season after losing season we are glad for any win. Not to mention the whole leaving town in the middle of the night thing. Some Colts fans are spoiled by how well the team has played in recent years. I will admit I have gotten a little spoiled myself but all I have to do is reflect back to how things were before and I can easily stay grounded. Enjoy every win that comes your way because you never know when you will get another.

Absolutely spot on.  Colts fan since 1967.  In the ensuing 48 years or so, there were some very rough periods.  Some of us remember the "Colts."  I also recall sports writers consistently using the term "hapless" to describe the team.

Do fans actually think that "tanking" happens in today's NFL? I see some stuff that makes me chuckle. I see stuff that frustrates. But the idea that players, coaches, and coordinators would takes their life's work, their life's efforts, and defile it by losing on purpose for the sole benefit of the next set of players, coaches, and coordinators is the single silliest fan concept....in an already *ic fan world. 

f6due.gif

• 2 weeks later...