Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Official "what To Do With The First Overall Pick?" Poll

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Draft Luck. Franchise QB > all
    • Trade down for more draft picks. Strong team > Franchise QB
    • Throw darts. (the undecided option)

Thank you. I have read posts on here lately where it has been suggested that Blackmon or even Kalil could be the first pick in the draft - mainly if St. Louis got the # 1 pick and that is positively a lack of understanding how the draft works. Luck will very clearly be # 1. It just depends on who is the team taking him. My guess it is Indy.

Exactly how is it a lack of understanding how the draft works? Each team selects a player in turn based on their own criteria. Nowhere is it mandated that that pick be a Mel Kiper or Scouts.com favorite selection.

Exactly how is it a lack of understanding how the draft works? Each team selects a player in turn based on their own criteria. Nowhere is it mandated that that pick be a Mel Kiper or Scouts.com favorite selection.

Grab a clue. Andrew Luck will positively be the first pick off the board. There is literally no doubt about it. So if a team that has a young QB, like the Rams, covets Kalil or Blackmon, they can trade down and still get the guy they want along with other draft picks.

I can't make a call until I know Mannings status. Has anyone thought that maybe Manning will want to give it a go elsewhere.

I think all things considered, he would want to finish his career in Indy. He's stated several times that it would be important to him to finish with the same team that drafted him.

That said, if forced to chose between winning a superbowl, and playing here, I have no doubts he'd choose the superbowl, and I could (and would) not blame him one iota.

I've been flipping and flopping over this for awhile but now that it's all said and done... I would take luck.. We will have to restructure and or release a lot of our beloved colts players... But a good draft with a couple fa moves... We could be on a huge upswing soon... And having him behind manning for a Year will only help luck... I don't know if I would have him sit any longer then that... Change is good... Just scary... And we needed change.. Thank you Irsay for making the right decision... I havent been this excited about a colts off season in 10 years