Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota (+7) @ Denver (10-4-15)

oldunclemark

We've talked about this before..

I think that interceptions are overrated .....[passing QBs throw interceptions unless you are Alex Smith and you don't throw the ball down the field...or Aaron Rodgers ..who is more accurate than anyone else...

Interceptions are collateral damage if you want a passing offense that wins.

It seems to me when Peyton wins and throws interceptions, the picks are the story.

When he throws TDs and loses..the loss is the story.

Right?

That is simply not the way other QBs are judged

Hey, Peyton set the standard, he has to live up to it. Go take it up with him.

I don't expect Ryan Fitzpatrick type play from Peyton. INTs from a receiver's hands tipping the ball or a tipped pass by Ngata in the Lions game are all different than being unable to put zip on a routine out or throwing INTs straight to defenders thinking you can zip it like you did in your prime. Rodgers and Brady have passing offenses, why don't they throw as many INTs? In fact they have thrown zero so far.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no,....Anderson was as good late last year as Moreno was.

The O-line has changed...

...and I think there's a chance they'll get that together as the season progresses.

Peyton doenst have much time and CJ does not have room to run...but, to me, its not their fault

Whelp. The good news is they have 12 games to go until it really matters to figure it out. It's obvious they'll be, at worst, a #3 seed.

Whelp. The good news is they have 12 games to go until it really matters to figure it out. It's obvious they'll be, at worst, a #3 seed.

I just think that Green bay game coming off the bye ...will show what they are.

They have a 'showtime' schedule ...Packers (4-0), Pats (4-0) and Cincinnati (4-0) ALL come to Denver.

...They could lose 4 or 5...but they have a home heavy schedule after playing at Oakland and Cleveland the next 2 weeks..

...Peyton will always throws interceptions but he's going to get better (I would hope) as the season progresses and the new linemen get experience.

I see C.J.Anderson this season and I had him in FF last year, and I see a small loss in burst in his legs. He lost some weight in the off season but then, he goes down with arm tackles faster than he used to last year. Hillman seems like the hot riding hand they need to ride more recently till CJ gets his burst back but I see a year long timeshare with no single back getting the lion's share.

Whatever OUM, it's like the Yankees believing in the curse of the Bambino vs the Red Sox, wait for it, wait for it, the Red Sox will make a mistake. Pedro is pitching lights out and they pull him and the Yankees comeback happened in one AL championship game, I remember. Yankees go on to the World Series then.

The same thing with Peyton, keep the game close, keep the game close, wait for it and the Peyton turnover will happen. I'm a firm believer of that now.

He's a great guy, class act on and off the field but he turns the ball over at inopportune times, that's just how it is. He lets teams hang around because of his turnovers. Brady, on the other hand, makes you earn it by going the distance of the field. There in lies the difference in their playoff record and now those turnovers are creeping more and more into the regular season too.

As a Red Sox fan, a tired Pedro was left in, and wasn't taken out until after the Yankees rallied to tie.

A lot of Peyton's games wouldn't be needing a 4th qtr comeback if he didn't dig a hole with his untimely turnovers. Look at that 4th and 2 game, look at the AFCCG, how did those 17 pt and 18 point deficits happen, go ahead and look up Peyton's turnovers in those 2 games he is memorable for, which put the D in difficult spots with field position.

As for the 4th and 2 and AFCCG, maybe Peyton was able to come back because he had figured out New England's defenses at that point and made the adjustments needed?

Also, in both of those games, they also got into quick deficits because the Colts D let the Patriots walk up and down the field at will.

They are discussing over on the Denver boards if Kubes will sit Manning for Brock at some point soon. I doubt it but a game like this is going to get the chatter louder.

Tedy has to be smarter at the end there and just dump the ball off. They only need about 15 yards to get in FG and every play he was looking for the home run.

I cant wait for that to happen.

Everyone will know what Brock is made of and then that "chatter" will be gone forever.

He had a rookie RT and he had no time....Cant keep throwing short or they jump the route (see Peyton)

Bench?. There are lots of nonsensical comments on message boards (?)

Kubiak and Manning are in it together....and they are 4-0..amnd don't think Kubiak isn't Ok with that

We will see how week 12 in Denver looks like.

The line did hold. He had time. This is the top defense. He needed to get rid of it if no one was open. You can't take a sack and then get stripped sacked.

On the last drive Peyton hit two throws total and missed the last one to DT badly that would have been a TD. His regression has been stark this season. Denver is the only undefeated team that is solely there because of its defensive play. It is what it is.

Just like how Pats won SB because of Malcolm Butler?.

Yeah that "solely". Make sense.

Yeah, but it wouldn't have come down to the last drive if not for Peyton's untimely picks.

You can shake the Peyton Pom Pom all you want and I've defended him when the situation was right. This is definitely NOT one of those, I'm sorry I'm not that blind while being objective about Peyton's play this game.

Those 2 picks were horrendous.

He needs to clean up his act. He doesn't have to score every time. Just don't turn the ball over.

Chad. I dont think Peyton is holding them back...and why is it when he throw s a TD and then throws an interception, he's costing

the points.. but when he throws TDs...like the 4th-and-1 at the goal line...that's a team score.

I just think its a double standard..

..al QBs throw interceptions..it does not mean THEY are costing their team points..right?

OUM, I am with you. Its 4-0.

But for Chad's sake, can you just say those 2 picks were bad?.

I cant wait for that to happen.

Everyone will know what Brock is made of and then that "chatter" will be gone forever.

No one has seen Brock except for preseason in Kubes offense and he looked pretty good. But who knows until the real games begin but Denver may face that decision this season.

No one has seen Brock except for preseason in Kubes offense and he looked pretty good. But who knows until the real games begin but Denver may face that decision this season.

If Manning continues to make those picks, he should be benched.

Just like how Brady was benched in the 4th quarter against KC last year.

Thank you. The Vikes did not win but they did not embarass themselves on the road in a difficult place to play. I was worried about how Teddy would handle the pass rush of Denver given how bad our O-line is. I am relieved he did not get hurt. I am proud of the team for making this a game, tying it after being down double digit points. This is a young team (except Newman and AP). Teddy is only 22.

It would have been nice go into the bye week with a win but they will be okay. They play the Chiefs at Minnesota in 2 weeks. They should win that game.

I am officially a Bridgewater fan now. Watch out for that rookie wide out. They are going to be the QB-WR combination for a long time to come !.

I am officially a Bridgewater fan now. Watch out for that rookie wide out. They are going to be the QB-WR combination for a long time to come !.

Yes. With all those high draft picks on defense, I would not be shocked if the Vikings challenge the Packers the most in the NFC North for years to come. That Bridgewater dude is flat out poised, almost Eli like poise, IMO, under duress.