Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't we do this play calling with Luck?

They did in the fourth against the Titans. I expect them to use more under routes, in the flats and screen passes going forward. They need to ditch the garbage routes that take ages to develop because the OL is not capable of blocking long enough for them.

holding on to the ball to long , and forcing throws and turnovers . Can't win games averaging 3 turnovers a game. the line is bad but luck makes it look worse

He does hold on to the ball too long and force throws at times. However, the poor play calling does not help Luck. You may notice that MH has had many more short passes called so far than Luck has in the first 3 games.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think regression is likely but don't anticipate it being significant.    The changes to the O-Line are probably for the worse rather than for the better (though this certainly isn't clear or certain), I think Hines will play more of a role overall on offense, and I don't think the loss of Doyle can be understated.    I also think the passing game should be better too though. I voted that efficiency will stay the same but I could actually see the efficiency increase even if the overall production decreases. Though it's not as if we weren't already efficient last season.
    • Yeah I don't get the hate either. He's probably one of the better back ups in the league and almost certainly better than what we had already.
    • Here we go!!! Welcome to Indy Mr. big Richard Nick Foles!!!
    • Read a few articles that have in one way or another suggested that our run efficiency at least, and possibly our rushing total or rushing average (JT 5.5, NH 4.9) take a step back.    The articles had different spins, but here most of the reasons given.   Offensive Line losses (Departure of OL starters Glow and Fisher). Glow has always been a solid run blocker, and IIRC, our efficiency and/or success rate running right has been as good or better than running left.  The front runner to replace Glow now looks to be Pinter, who while a wild card, looked to have pretty good vertical punch.  While Fisher was pretty bad in pass pro, he was pretty darn good most games run blocking.  Pryor graded better than Fisher in pass pro, but not as effective in run blocking.  WR/TE losses (departure of Pascal and Doyle) Doyle - While some were never impressed with Doyle as an offensive weapon, he was always a pretty darn good blocker Woods and Ogletree - blocking is seen as weaknesses in both their games Granson - also is suspect in the blocking space Pascal - not much of a pass catching weapon, but like Doyle, very solid blocking Pierce - didn't block much, but has great hands vs the press, and seems pretty "tough" or "physical". Doubt he's running boundary 9s all game, so this is an area to watch.  JT - is no longer going to surprise teams in 2022 Hines - perhaps becoming more of a receiver than runner. NH's efficiency actually improved last season even though his snaps went down. I could make a case that this could be a pro or a con.     Things that IMO, might offset things for the positive Ryan - Should be better in short passing game, so perhaps Frank will call a more well rounded game plan that keeps DBs from cheating up Nelson - returning to good health Kelly - getting back on track after regressing the past few seasons Addition of Lindsay, who is perhaps a better #2 RB option (rushing, not catching) than Hines
    • I am not excited by the move either but if all goes according to plan Foles will never play a meaningful snap for the Colts.  I am not going to get outraged by a guy who is being signed hoping he never plays.
  • Members

• CR91

CR91 9,544

• RollerColt

RollerColt 4,462

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 436

• Goatface Killah

Goatface Killah 1,209

• EastStreet

EastStreet 18,319

• stitches