Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think if he fell to them at 34 they would have strongly considered it but you also have to remember if they traded up from 34 there's a chance Colts don't get Pittman Jr or Taylor. 
    • If Rivers does wind up coming back he could do this to get his future QB to sit behind Rivers for a year ,like Mahomes did, and still keep his picks and avoid paying a big new contract for Leonard down the road.  I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility. 
    • I would not say that. Unitas changed the game way more than Manning. And also Montana with the West coach offense that is a part of every NFL offense now. No QB that I am aware of plays the Indy offense at all.  
    • Didn't intend to post another so soon, but I expected Castonzo back.  I see some difficult decisions to avoid re-signing good players to ensure we have enough room to re-sign Leonard and Nelson in the future.    Gonzo: Brissett (new Patriot starter), Mack, Walker, Hooker, Rhodes, Muhammed, Carrie, Clark, Green   Re-sign: Rivers, Houston, Hilton, Autry, Odum, Burton and all RFAs   Sign: William Jackson III (CB, Bengals), Bud Dupree (DE, Steelers), Mike Glennon (QB, Jaguars)   Draft:   1)      Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas.  He’ll have to grow into the LT spot through OJT, because we won’t have a better option. 2)      Joe Tryon, DE, Washington.  Brought back Houston and signed Dupree, but Tryon and Turay will represent the best chance for a dominating pass-rusher at the DE position going into the future. 3)      Dillon Radunz, OL, No. Dakota St.  We saw how tough it was to replace Castonzo this last year, and our cupboards are empty.  I like Radunz’s positional flexibility too – he could be a four-position back-up, like Haeg was. 4)      Riley Cole, LB, So. Alabama.  We’ve covered our top needs in FA and the first three rounds, so this is an attempt to ladder the LB depth a little.  Franklin, Adams, and Leonard’s contracts are up in a year, so finding some depth that’ll be around a little longer is a good idea.  Heading into the Senior Bowl, Cole’s scouting report is pretty similar to Leonard’s at that time… 5)      Greg Eisworth, S, Iowa St.  More of a strong safety type who’s great with the action in front of him.  A great leader and worker, though, and will have a good chance of developing in coverage. 6)       Sam Webb, CB, Missouri Western St. U.  A small-school crush of mine.  He has the size to be a boundary corner and was really productive in college. 7)      Paul Grattan, C, Villanova.  Smart guy who can also provide a little depth at OG.   I think Ballard would love to get a QB in the first round to sit behind Rivers and be the Plan A for 2022.  However, I really believe that guy is Kyle Trask, and it’s going to be really close whether he’s there at 21.  I’m guessing not in this mock.   Most might look at this draft and wonder where the WRs are.  Really, I think this’ll be a transitional year for us at the position.  It’ll probably be Hilton’s final year, we have to see if Pittman develops into a Keenan Allen-type #1 receiver, Campbell will get a chance to see if he can stay on the field and produce, Pascal will be there to prove his past production, and youngsters (Harris, Patmon, Dulin, and Fountain) will get a chance to step up.  To my eye, we have enough to say that the WR position won’t be holding us back next year.    At CB, we brought in Jackson, and Tell returns to be the top outside back-up.  I thought that Rodgers looked like a promising nickel back-up in the playoff loss.  And Milligan and Odum can be the top back-up safeties.   
  • Members

• teganslaw

teganslaw 397

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 2,329

• buccolts

buccolts 2,405

• James

James 347

• danlhart87

danlhart87 6,035

• CR91