Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Your evidence asserting this notion is, well, underwhelming. 
    • Just to add a little to this.     These are the negative consequences, you end up in bad salary cap shape and have to release/trade key players or restructure and continue to further damage your future cap space situation to get out of it.   Sometimes it pays off with SB title, most times it doesn't.
    • While I agree with @Supermanthat his skillset doesn't lend itself to finishing, I think disruption on its own is worth something and he does provide disruption. He would probably be our best EDGE player if we signed him. He's a bit like Trey Flowers, but the player he reminds me more of is actually Brandon Graham. They are very similar to me and are similarly disruptive without having great finishing ability. They also are similar body type and length-wise(namely short). They both lack elite bend and closing speed, but have some speed and speed to power element combined with solid technical ability.    The length BTW is one reason I kind of feel like excludes us from the discussion on Lawson. Ballard loves long athletes on defense. Just look at the players he's drafting and signing.    Basham - 34 1/4"  Turay - 33 3/8" Lewis - 33 6/8" Banagu 33 5/8"    Lawson is on the other end of the spectrum = 31 4/8"    If we got Lawson he would be not just the shortest DL Ballard has taken, but also shorter than even the CB's threshold Ballard seems to be following.    Either way... I wouldn't mind Lawson on the Colts, I just hope we don't break the bank for him. 
    • Agreed, if Wentz plays good enough to trigger the 1st round clause on the conditional pick but we pull shenanigans to only give up a 2nd rounder, Ballard would have a hard time regaining trust with any potential trading partner in the future.   If we really want the Colts to succeed next season & going forward, then a low 1st round pick combined with this year's 3rd is a small price to pay for potential stability at the quarterback position for the next decade or so.   
    • I'd prefer Villanueva, he'd be a good "plug & play" option, but he's probably out of our price range.
  • Members

• Holden89

Holden89 113

• lester

lester 34

• coltsfanej

coltsfanej 289

• stitches

stitches 8,060

• Smonroe

Smonroe 2,278

• Mrfox