12isthenew18

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6439/andrew-luck

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Andrew Luck (shoulder) is "legitimately questionable" for Week 4.
It had been assumed the Colts were just exercising caution with their franchise quarterback, but it appears he's actually having difficulty throwing. Per Schefter, Luck was "shut down" midway through Thursday's practice, and will throw little, "if at all," before Sunday's game against the Jaguars. Schefter reports the fact that the Colts have the Thursday night game in Week 5 will be part of their decision-making process. Owners need to have a back-up plan in order. Matt Hasselbeck wouldn't be a recommended DFS option if Luck sits. Oct 1 - 8:35 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6439/andrew-luck

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Andrew Luck (shoulder) is "legitimately questionable" for Week 4.

It had been assumed the Colts were just exercising caution with their franchise quarterback, but it appears he's actually having difficulty throwing. Per Schefter, Luck was "shut down" midway through Thursday's practice, and will throw little, "if at all," before Sunday's game against the Jaguars. Schefter reports the fact that the Colts have the Thursday night game in Week 5 will be part of their decision-making process. Owners need to have a back-up plan in order. Matt Hasselbeck wouldn't be a recommended DFS option if Luck sits. Oct 1 - 8:35 PM

Its probably partially separated, if partial is a possibility.

But it could be a rotator cuff.

It's being said that they have legitimate thoughts to sit Luck this game knowing they have a game with the Texans the following Thursday he'd have to get ready for. I wonder if they'd consider starting Hasselbeck and if the offense doesn't look good after a while, putting Luck in there. I think we'll have our answer to if he's playing by tomorrow. If Tanney is signed to the active roster.. be very afraid.

Defeating Jax at home with your backup QB is why we bother to spend like $4mill per year on a backup QB. Start Hasslebeck and see how it goes.

Exactly right!  Let Luck heal and start Hasselbeck.

Let Matt manage the game and use the RBs and TEs in a short passing game.

Everybody talking about let Luck rest and it's just the Jags like this team has been playing well itself. If Luck can go he needs to go, this team isn't good enough to let anyone rest

Exactly! We weren't exactly playing well with Luck let alone without him. I think a lot of people are overrating Hassellbeck. He looked awful in the preseason. We will struggle with the Jags if Matt has to play.

Exactly! We weren't exactly playing well with Luck let alone without him. I think a lot of people are overrating Hassellbeck. He looked awful in the preseason. We will struggle with the Jags if Matt has to play.

Yeah but Matt has the experience to "manage" the game...just use his RBs and short stuff to his TEs and WRs and keep moving the chains...a dull game but a game that can be won if we just keep getting 1st downs and get a good game from the D.

What should be questionable, is all of the horrible choices our expert OL man Ryan has made. If I was Luck when the contract is up, I would go to a team where I can win with a good OL and all around strong team.. Hello Bruce in Arizona perhaps.

What should be questionable, is all of the horrible choices our expert OL man Ryan has made. If I was Luck when the contract is up, I would go to a team where I can win with a good OL and all around strong team.. Hello Bruce in Arizona perhaps.

I don't think we have a problem that cannot be solved.

Irsay needs to tell Grigson that he is drafting O-line with #1 and O-line with #2...then Grigs can have his choice of "hot prospects" that his scouts are lobbying for.  This year our 1st O-line pick was an OT in the 7th round...just SHAMEFUL.

Whether or not Andrew plays, for the love of god the game plan HAS to be, RUN the ball and SHORT throws! Especially to the TE's. Whether it's Matt or Andrew, keep the strain off our QB. Let Gore take a majority of the game. I'm not too worried about the Defense just as long as they stay fresh. So RUN the ball. Keep the drives going, and keep the Jags D tired. When the game starts, if I see the team constantly throwing the deep ball through a QB with a depleted arm, i'm officially giving up on Pep (unless, y'know, it works. Then good on you Pep). We can still do this! Pittsburgh just beat a much better team with Mike Vick under QB. We can do the same! Go Blue!

I don't think we have a problem that cannot be solved.

Irsay needs to tell Grigson that he is drafting O-line with #1 and O-line with #2...then Grigs can have his choice of "hot prospects" that his scouts are lobbying for.  This year our 1st O-line pick was an OT in the 7th round...just SHAMEFUL.

:applause: I concur. Years of this organization dancing around and ignoring the offensive line

has finally caught up with us. When a team throws token mid to late round draft picks

and signs up other team's dropped trash, you get an offensive line like the Indianapolis

Colts. 

Yeah but Matt has the experience to "manage" the game...just use his RBs and short stuff to his TEs and WRs and keep moving the chains...a dull game but a game that can be won if we just keep getting 1st downs and get a good game from the D.

I agree with the concept you're espousing but in the NFL, with a backup QB, that whole plan is much easier said than done.

If Matty H. does go, I very much hope you're right.