Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confirmed: Luck injured throwing shoulder

csmopar

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This argument is full of logical fallacies, as it is, he said the entire O line is a sieve and threw 5 players under the bus. It's a shot at whoever built that offensive line (Grigson) or the guy scheming for it (Hamilton). Either way, it's a bad shake, and clearly a shot at someone in management, as Pagano hasn't thrown an entire position group under the bus like this in his tenure here, and isn't one to blame players for jack %.

Respectfully.....    any human being can figure out our o-line is a problem.   One doesn't have to be a football fan to know that.

All Pagano is doing is stating the obvious.    And since O-lines are best thought of as a group,  I think Pagano is saying the issue is the group.     I mean,  is there another way to avoid assigning blame?

I easily could be wrong,  but I'm going on the body of evidence that Pagano has demonstrated since he arrived.

Win together,  lose together.

Just my perspective.....

Pagano: Pick one of them.

Grigson: So I have to spend high draft pick on OL? Ok. I'll trade Vontae for Yanda. Go, whisper to Patterson, whisperer...

When you spend high draft pick on OL, you don't spend it on something else. And you have to spend many picks: one stone is not a dam.

Pagano: Pick one of them.

Grigson: So I have to spend high draft pick on OL? Ok. I'll trade Vontae for Yanda. Go, whisper to Patterson, whisperer...

When you spend high draft pick on OL, you don't spend it on something else. And you have to spend many picks: one stone is not a dam.

this is a stupid point your trying to make so the only way to get a good linemen is to trade vontae? Or we could you know try drafting good guards out of college at the top of the draft not wait til the damn 5th round

The Gosder Cherilus move was always suspect from the beginning. He made Gosder the highest paid RT in the league knowing full well the man had some serious knee issues. As far as Thomas goes, it looked like a good move at the time then he tears his quad. Another injury that most people understand is one very difficult to return from. We lumbered thru last season with an offensive line that was one of the worst in the league and included Cherilus and Thomas trying to both return from serious chronic injuries. So, what is Grigson's plan? Sign an aging vet that was well past his prime and don't draft any offensive linemen. This is just bad management of the situation.

What FA Olineman are available who aren't past their prime?  Levitre?  Grubbs?  Is Richie doing really well in Buffalo or is he JAG?  How many yards did Shady have up the middle?  I think the NFL has gotten wise to the FA thing and the only players that are available are the ones past their prime but haven't accepted it yet. 

The Oline isn't what it should be because that first pick in the third round of 2012 turned out to be a TE that can easily be replaced by UDFA Doyle instead of a three-year developed G.  Grigs drafted the OT in JM in the second round, first pick in the draft that year, and already had a 1st rounder in AC.  A line of AC, Reitz, KH, Not-Allen, JM, would look good now.

this is a stupid point your trying to make so the only way to get a good linemen is to trade vontae? Or we could you know try drafting good guards out of college

I was trying to make a joke about people, who want Grigson to take 3 OLs with one pick and sign every other FA no matter what, cap space aside.

What FA Olineman are available who aren't past their prime? Levitre? Grubbs? Is Richie doing really well in Buffalo or is he JAG? How many yards did Shady have up the middle? I think the NFL has gotten wise to the FA thing and the only players that are available are the ones past their prime but haven't accepted it yet.

The Oline isn't what it should be because that first pick in the third round of 2012 turned out to be a TE that can easily be replaced by UDFA Doyle instead of a three-year developed G. Grigs drafted the OT in JM in the second round, first pick in the draft that year, and already had a 1st rounder in AC. A line of AC, Reitz, KH, Not-Allen, JM, would look good now.

wait are you saying incognito is playing bad? Cause he is prolly buf best linemen

True, Allen was drafted in 2012 and those two were not signed until 2013

I don't know what Dustin was referring too, but I knew the difference in the years which is why I said "about". In 2012,  Grigs signed McGoo as a short term answer to G when he needed one and the team had cap problems.  He signed DT as a long term solution in 2013.

If he just would have drafted a long term G with the first pick of the third round (a great place to draft a G) in 2012 instead of a second TE and messing around with aging overpriced vets, the Oline would likely not be an issue now since we could have Reitz and JM playing the other G or RT.

The drafting of Allen instead of a G is turning out to be the worst decision of all.

So if people want to fire Grigson for his personnel decisions, at least get the reason correct.

wait are you saying incognito is playing bad? Cause he is prolly buf best linemen

I don't know.  I guess RI really isn't in the same category as the washed up others since he wasn't let go due to poor play.  But his availability was questionable for other reasons. 

Hey, I was all for the signing.  But I don't think you can fire a GM for NOT SIGNING Richie.......

I don't know. I guess RI really isn't in the same category as the washed up others since he wasn't let go due to poor play. But his availability was questionable for other reasons.

Hey, I was all for the signing. But I don't think you can fire a GM for NOT SIGNING Richie.......

nope just fire him for everything else

According to the ESPN guy, Luck didn't throw at practice once again. Is it really possible he might miss his first game? Also, why is the team not coming out and telling us exactly what the injury is? I'm sure Luck's been checked out thoroughly by team doctors. Is it a shoulder bruise? Tear? Strain? Sprain? Is it normal to be so vague?

nope just fire him for everything else

Nah, I'd just fire him for drafting Allen instead of a G.  Afterall, we needed  a G in 2012 and he drafts a second TE and signs McGoo instead.  Prolly could've signed a vet TE as a blocker instead of going with two rookie TEs that year.

And now the TE is no better than the UDFA we have.

lol that has nothing to do with them idk where you come up with your stuff

You have said "just fire him for everything else". He cut that trash: Bullitt, Brackett, Hagler, Johnson, Carter, Eldridge, Brayton, Anderson, Kevin Thomas, Seth Olsen, Wheeler... Look, THIS roster is so much better.

According to the ESPN guy, Luck didn't throw at practice once again. Is it really possible he might miss his first game? Also, why is the team not coming out and telling us exactly what the injury is? I'm sure Luck's been checked out thoroughly by team doctors. Is it a shoulder bruise? Tear? Strain? Sprain? Is it normal to be so vague?

From what I've read, its none of those, it's just really sore.  The interview with Andrew Luck I saw yesterday made me feel like he wasn't going to miss any time.  I guess we'll see. I'll be worried if he doesn't practice much tomorrow.

When Luck hit Hilton for 49 yard gain, he was hit. But there were 2 WR underneath who were wide open: Johnson near sideline and Moncrief in the middle. Yes it was 3-and-20, and no guarantee underneath WR could convert 3rd down, but Luck really had a chance to protect himself.

Pagano is trying to keep his job, Hamilton is trying to maximise his chances to get HC job, Luck is trying to maximise his contract... why should they play boring dink-dunk game? It so easy to blame Grigson.

because that Dink and dunk got us our first win I think the only one who's trying to look out for themselves is Pep..luck wants to win as a team..pagano wants to build his OWN team and win but can't even get authority to do so but pep can control this offense and have it a disaster

Not gonna lie, all the hush-hush stuff is starting to make me a little concerned.

I still see it as playcalling. Luck is waiting for a ton of deep routes to develop, and constantly getting blasted. Most of those times I seldom see anyone in the flat or 5 yards up field. Our pass plays are simply looking for it to open up deep. And we're putting ourselves in predictable situations for the defense.

2-3 step drops and get the ball out. If we start doing that and getting any sort of gains on those plays, we'll take a TON of pressure off of Luck.

I wholeheartedly agree. That's on the game plan and coaching period.

If he were severally hurt he wouldn't be participating at all. Jacksonville would probably like to know the severity as well.

Exactly what I was thinking. The less they know, the better. It might keep them from developing a complete game plan against us.

Blitz is usually all it takes. I liked how the announcers talked about Luck being the best QB against the blitz during the Bills game. And..... that's all they did was blitz and Luck sucked from it.

There's a difference between being injury-prone like Romo and taking an excessive amount of unnecessary hits. Luck has been the hits and sacks leader every year he's been in the league:

2012 leader - Andrew Luck (122) 2013 leader - Andrew Luck (115) 2014 leader - Andrew Luck (115)

Now does playcalling and Andrew holding on to the ball too long play a factor? Yes. But in reality, no QB would be doing a whole lot behind that offensive line.

There's no arguing the number of hits Luck has taken....which is why I also pointed out Grigson's selections/signings, and a level of development of these selections that seemingly has Luck under constant pressure.

There is no one reason or silver bullet solution....but all of those factors need to be improved upon.

However....there still is a risk factor that any way we slice it, has these QBs in the cross hairs of some big, fast, nasty defenders. And for all their well-deserved accolades....the Dallas O-line couldn't keep Romo from getting whacked again.

It can happen to any QB....we just gotta hope its not our guy on the IR.

I don't know what Dustin was referring too, but I knew the difference in the years which is why I said "about". In 2012, Grigs signed McGoo as a short term answer to G when he needed one and the team had cap problems. He signed DT as a long term solution in 2013.

If he just would have drafted a long term G with the first pick of the third round (a great place to draft a G) in 2012 instead of a second TE and messing around with aging overpriced vets, the Oline would likely not be an issue now since we could have Reitz and JM playing the other G or RT.

The drafting of Allen instead of a G is turning out to be the worst decision of all.

So if people want to fire Grigson for his personnel decisions, at least get the reason correct.

My opinion at the time and to this day is that Grigsons worst pick was his 2nd (Fleener). We had the opportunity to nab Cordy Glenn, but we passed on him and other talented lineman to get Lucks Stanford bud. Fleener would have probably went in the 3rd had we not taken him, and even that would be too high.

I personally loved the Allen pick but he has not panned out like i thought he would. Injuries are hard to predict.

They better keep Luck out until he is healed...probably the next 2 games...gives him 2 weeks.

The team can squeak out Ws against Jax and Houston if they play well and don't turn the ball over...

and FINALLY develop that short passing game and use the RBs...actually Hasselbeck is pretty good at throwing the short stuff to the TEs and RBs and he is BETTER than Andrew at screen passes...we just need good blocking.