Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck No Longer Outright Number 1?

I remember Mannings senior yr. at Tenn.. He was the concensus #1 pick all yr. up till the time that a certain underclassman announced he was entering the draft, then all of a sudden the media started to hype up the young kid and many people started buying into the hype. Just in case you don't remember that young mans name was Ryan Leaf. I think we all know how that situation worked out. People need to just come to terms with the fact that Andrew Luck will be the future of the Colts and quit with all the nonsensical stuff about drafting this guy or that guy or trading the pick. Irsay said we are in rebuilding mode and that starts with your future QB.

I certainly think it is about RGIII catching up to Luck, and not Luck faltering. I"m hearing Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton which is pretty amazing, but now it seems RGIII is worth talking about too. RGIII is ine if the new breeds of QB's that can be successful like Cam Newton that is athletic which makes him an intriguing possibility, where as Luck more of your prototypical good prospect with a great arm, accuracy, and can make some plays on the run, but not as much as RGIII. This is why it's so good the Colts have the first pick. We can choose whichever QB we want and have several months to think about it.

RG3 doesnt remind me of Vince Young at all more like Aaron Rodgers. Also RG3 would definitely be on board with Manning grooming him for a few years. I think if Harbaugh can make a qb out of Alex Smith Peyton can surely improve the small flaws in RG3s game by the time hes going to retire. RG3 has a higher ceiling than Luck anyone who cant see that is just biased. Luck may be more NFL ready but we dont need NFL ready we have 18. Luck will be Matt Ryan 2.0 aka false hope

I remember Mannings senior yr. at Tenn.. He was the concensus #1 pick all yr. up till the time that a certain underclassman announced he was entering the draft, then all of a sudden the media started to hype up the young kid and many people started buying into the hype. Just in case you don't remember that young mans name was Ryan Leaf. I think we all know how that situation worked out. People need to just come to terms with the fact that Andrew Luck will be the future of the Colts and quit with all the nonsensical stuff about drafting this guy or that guy or trading the pick. Irsay said we are in rebuilding mode and that starts with your future QB.

That makes you a hypocrite.I remember that you once stated that anybody that made references to the ryan leaf ordeal should automatically get dismissed as being football stupid.Do you remember your words?Wait,i'll find them and then post them.

That makes you a hypocrite.I remember that you once stated that anybody that made references to the ryan leaf ordeal should automatically get dismissed as being football stupid.Do you remember your words?Wait,i'll find them and then post them.

These are your exact words:" Really makes me wonder if the OP has any clue what so ever about football. espesially with the mod edit comparisons to Leaf, yet again. I've said before that anybody that makes that comparison automatically should be ignored and considered football clueless".

Contradict yourself much? :dancing: .....oh,and :facepalm: :smack:

:lol:

These are your exact words:" Really makes me wonder if the OP has any clue what so ever about football. espesially with the mod edit comparisons to Leaf, yet again. I've said before that anybody that makes that comparison automatically should be ignored and considered football clueless".

Contradict yourself much? :dancing: .....oh,and :facepalm: :smack:

:lol:

People were comparing Luck to Leaf. I was comparing a the situation as being similar. Two totally different things.

Just admit that i gotcha'.... :banana:

No I won't, because your comprehension of what I was saying is completely wrong(as usual). I was not comparing RG3 or Luck to Leaf. I was comparing how the situation of Leaf coming on his final yr. of college and all the media hype surrounding him is similar to that of RG3. Leaf wasn't on anybody's radar at the beginning of that season and Manning was thought to be the easy choice of #1 till the media went crazy and hyped Leaf to death. The exact same thing is happening with RG3 this yr..

No I won't, because your comprehension of what I was saying is completely wrong(as usual). I was not comparing RG3 or Luck to Leaf. I was comparing how the situation of Leaf coming on his final yr. of college and all the media hype surrounding him is similar to that of RG3. Leaf wasn't on anybody's radar at the beginning of that season and Manning was thought to be the easy choice of #1 till the media went crazy and hyped Leaf to death. The exact same thing is happening with RG3 this yr..

Don't get me wrong,i hate griffin,and i would pick luck over him.But i'm taking manning over both.

P.S.BTW:The way you sidestep direct questions makes me think you're a politician. :neener: