Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 Most Likeable QBs

18Manning

In your opinion, in no particular order, what are the top 5 most likeable active QBs? I don't mean most accomplished, I mean likeable. On the flip side, what are the top 5 most unlikeable...

Most likeable...

1. *Peyton Manning

2. Andrew Luck

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Drew Brees

5. Joe Flacco

Most unlikeable...

1. Cam Newton

2. Philip Rivers

3. Tom Brady

4. Russell Wilson

5. Jay Cutler

*Maybe I'm a little biased, but apparently so are advertisers. :)

I haven't been watching football nearly as much this year (not because of the Colts' win/loss), so perhaps my opinions above would differ now. However, this would reflect my opinions last season.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't dislike Wilson, the problem is the Seahawks fans get on my nerves when trying say he is better than Luck. He just isn't. Their stance is he has won a SB. But he has always had a complete team. He cant carry a team like Andrew can.

Most LIKED: Peyton, Luck, Brees, Eli, and I like Cam. Cam is pretty cool for what he does for the community in Carolina and he is friendly in most of his interviews. I seem like a homer when I say Peyton and Luck but they both are great guys from everything Ive seen so it is what it is.

Cam Newton is unlikable really? I like the guy a lot. He's smart, knows when to cut loose, & he's very intriguing to watch on a football field. 

Tom Brady too? I've made my peace with the Deflate Gate decision & the fact that his wife happens to be a supermodel doesn't bother me either. The dude is just money on a football field. He's earned my respect as a QB. Though if I here Skip Bayless say 1 more time that "Psycho Tom" is on a mission to make the Colts & the Commissioner pay dearly for "more probable than not" I'm going to laugh my caboose off. Did Tom do anything to show the world that he is not a cheater? "I don't think so/believe so." Does he bare any responsibility at all for the self inflicted mess he put himself in? Crickets...I do like Brady on a personal level. I hate losing to his elite squad, but not him personally no. 

Philip Rivers gets a lot of unfair criticism in my book. He's tough as nails, never panics when his team is down, & he throws a beautiful long pass with a tight spiral. An all round classy gentlemen to me. 

RW: Will always get overshadowed by Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Beast Mode, & Richard Sherman. Slides exceptionally well, always avoids big hits, fast on his feet, & he will never embarrass his organization. 

Cam Newton is unlikable really? I like the guy a lot. He's smart, knows when to cut loose, & he's very intriguing to watch on a football field. 

Tom Brady too? I've made my peace with the Deflate Gate decision & the fact that his wife happens to be a supermodel doesn't bother me either. The dude is just money on a football field. He's earned my respect as a QB. Though if I here Skip Bayless say 1 more time that "Psycho Tom" is on a mission to make the Colts & the Commissioner pay dearly for "more probable than not" I'm going to laugh my caboose off. Did Tom do anything to show the world that he is not a cheater? "I don't think so/believe so." Does he bare any responsibility at all for the self inflicted mess he put himself in? Crickets...I do like Brady on a personal level. I hate losing to his elite squad, but not him personally no. 

Philip Rivers gets a lot of unfair criticism in my book. He's tough as nails, never panics when his team is down, & he throws a beautiful long pass with a tight spiral. An all round classy gentlemen to me. 

RW: Will always get overshadowed by Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Beast Mode, & Richard Sherman. Slides exceptionally well, always avoids big hits, fast on his feet, & he will never embarrass his organization. 

I totally agree. Cam seems like a class act to me and he is a Good QB.

people hate what they cant have

High maintenance you mean? Go ahead CR91. You can have all of that you want; I'll pass. Yes, it is possible to be attractive, humble, & grounded, but that's extremely rare like witnessing 1st hand the birth of a white buffalo calf. The odds of hitting a home run in all 3 areas in the main squeeze department are pretty darn remote. I'm just saying...

I really don't dislike Wilson, the problem is the Seahawks fans get on my nerves when trying say he is better than Luck. He just isn't. Their stance is he has won a SB. But he has always had a complete team. He cant carry a team like Andrew can.

Most LIKED: Peyton, Luck, Brees, Eli, and I like Cam. Cam is pretty cool for what he does for the community in Carolina and he is friendly in most of his interviews. I seem like a homer when I say Peyton and Luck but they both are great guys from everything Ive seen so it is what it is.

You know, at first, I thought the reason you might hold disdain for Wilson was ridiculous, but then I remembered how fellow Colts fans cause me to have a slight disdain for Luck. Luck is to Colts fans as God is to Christians. When I enter the Colts fan forum it feels like I'm on the Andrew Luck fan forum; with nothing but posters worshipping him and lambasting anyone who says anything short of praise.

So, yeah, I guess I can see how the Seahawks fans could make Wilson unlikeable.

people hate what they cant have

High maintenance you mean? Go ahead CR91. You can have all of that you want; I'll pass. Yes, it is possible to be attractive, humble, & grounded, but that's extremely rare like witnessing 1st hand the birth of a white buffalo calf. The odds of hitting a home run in all 3 areas in the main squeeze department are pretty darn remote. I'm just saying...

I totally agree...relationships of this sort are a disaster waiting to happen...always are and always will be

You know, at first, I thought the reason you might hold disdain for Wilson was ridiculous, but then I remembered how fellow Colts fans cause me to have a slight disdain for Luck. Luck is to Colts fans as God is to Christians. When I enter the Colts fan forum it feels like I'm on the Andrew Luck fan forum; with nothing but posters worshipping him and lambasting anyone who says anything short of praise.

So, yeah, I guess I can see how the Seahawks fans could make Wilson unlikeable.

Wilson is Good and a class act. He and Luck saved that draft. RG3 is the bust of that draft. Seahawks got a steal drafting Wilson.

Wilson is a class act and very likeable. He is humble, never gets in trouble, and is a winner. What is there not to like about him?

Well said NFLfan. I had a problem with him last season when media reporters kept heaping all this praise on him like he alone, not his surrounding cast, was the driving force of that team. Okay, if I being honest, I was ticked off when GB lost in the NFC Championship Game because I wanted Rogers to go toe to toe with Brady in the SB. My problem not RW's. 

PS: I finally saw that South Park Brady spoof on IWF's MeMe thread. Very Funny BTW. I will give you a like later tonight I promise. Well played. Bravo!  :thmup:  Your Vikings are looking solid too with AP back in form. Nice! 

That Chad Greenway pick was spectacular & TE Kyle Rudolph is very talented with good hands & sweet speed too. 

Wilson is Good and a class act. He and Luck saved that draft. RG3 is the bust of that draft. Seahawks got a steal drafting Wilson.

From what I have read, RG3 has been cursed with some unfortuitous circumstances.

He was injured and he is playing for the Redskins.

Wonder what would happen to Lucks career if he was benched after he struggled during the beginning of this year?

From what I have read, RG3 has been cursed with some unfortuitous circumstances.

He was injured and he is playing for the Redskins.

Wonder what would happen to Lucks career if he was benched after he struggled during the beginning of this year?

Luck is just built for the NFL, RG3 isn't. He has took a beating but is built like a tank so, so far he hasn't been injured. Well maybe, this rumor about a rib problem is floating around.

Drew Brees is pretty awesome too, because he reminds me of Doug Flutie another vertically challenged QB that proved all the doubters & naysayers wrong. Plus, I really admire how he believed in New Orleans & Sean Payton after Hurricane Katrina & gave the people of that jazz based city something to root for again. 

I will always wonder why he doesn't remove that birthmark on his face with a laser, but that's his choice not mine. Cool dude though. His wife Brittany seems nice. Blonds don't do anything for me though. To each their own I guess. 

P.Manning; Best actor award SNL and a bunch of good commercials and a pretty darn good QB                                                            Luck; Humble and honorary cheerleader for opposing defenses                                                                                                                E.Manning; Best supporting actor and did what no other QB did..beat Brady in the SB twice                                                                  Newton; Humble and like Luck does a lot with little or no help from his O-line                                                                                         Wilson; Does a lot for kids and charity and been to 2 SBʻs already                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Roethlisberger; Rapist and not so humble not to mention the year Colts won the SB he pretended to drop our helmet off the shelf       Vick; Everybody knows why                                                                                                                                                                         Brees; I think he was in on the bountygate...sorry Bogie...but youʻre 1 of the posterʻs I like                                                                       Brady; Everybody knows why                                                                                                                                                                       Geno Smith; The guy deserved it                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I listed the ones I like at the top and the ones I donʻt like on the bottom and also the reasons why.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

P.Manning; Best actor award SNL and a bunch of good commercials and a pretty darn good QB                                                            Luck; Humble and honorary cheerleader for opposing defenses                                                                                                                E.Manning; Best supporting actor and did what no other QB did..beat Brady in the SB twice                                                                  Newton; Humble and like Luck does a lot with little or no help from his O-line                                                                                         Wilson; Does a lot for kids and charity and been to 2 SBʻs already                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Roethlisberger; Rapist and not so humble not to mention the year Colts won the SB he pretended to drop our helmet off the shelf       Vick; Everybody knows why                                                                                                                                                                         Brees; I think he was in on the bountygate...sorry Bogie...but youʻre 1 of the posterʻs I like                                                                       Brady; Everybody knows why                                                                                                                                                                       Geno Smith; The guy deserved it                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I listed the ones I like at the top and the ones I donʻt like on the bottom and also the reasons why.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

And I donʻt know WTH happened...it was all in line....sorry

Drew Brees is pretty awesome too, because he reminds me of Doug Flutie another vertically challenged QB that proved all the doubters & naysayers wrong. Plus, I really admire how he believed in New Orleans & Sean Payton after Hurricane Katrina & gave the people of that jazz based city something to root for again. 

I will always wonder why he doesn't remove that birthmark on his face with a laser, but that's his choice not mine. Cool dude though. His wife Brittany seems nice. Blonds don't do anything for me though. To each their own I guess. 

Doug Flutie was Good. When I classify QB's I go by Poor, Bad which is a notch above Poor, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Good, Very Good, Great. I put Flutie as Good. Regarding Luck, he is Very Good but not Great yet.