Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you? (just for fun)

I'm undecided personally. Good OL, but we'd pretty much be screwed for any skill positions.

WR: Griff Whalen, Duron Carter, Da'rick Rogers (perhaps)

TE: Jack Doyle, Sean McGrath

RB: Josh Robinson, Tyler Varga

IMO I'd take my chances if such a hypothetical situation was available.

I'm split.

Half of me say sure, get the OL tank this year and grab a great WR like Treadwell or RB like Elliott then grab more playmakers later in the draft similar to our 2012 class. 

The other half knows this team is close enough to a super bowl, and that we can grab another lineman or two in the draft/free agency and our O will be set.

Nah. Lemme keep one of Moncrief or Dorsett and one of the TE's. That way we still have SOME reliable skill position guys. If I had to be specific, i say keep Dorsett and Fleener. I love Moncrief but I think Dorsett has the higher upside. And Fleener over Allen. Allen is a great blocker but that's not really needed if you have the Cowboys Oline.

And I like Rob and Varga. I like em even more behind that O line

So theoretically, my starting O would be:

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: J Robinson

WR1: Dorsett

WR2: Carter (or Whalen)

TE1: Fleener

TE: Doyle

That's not TOO bad for skill positions. Plus, it's still really young. No one older than 27

This is so easy, YES!!!

I guarantee that we would be a better football team with Luck playing behind the Cowboys OL without our skilled position players.

You give Luck time in the pocket something he hasn't had the luxury of having yet, and he will beat you 98% of the time with a decent or mediocre WR corp and RB.

It's so bizarre that everyone (including myself) unanimously uses Dallas as the measuring stick for a great NFL offensive line, yet Tony Romo ends up on the disabled list every season. But after watching the past 3 weeks, we've been soooo sloppy up front.

This is a really tough question by the way. I'd be willing to give up 3 playmakers for their interior, not naming any names though, it's too difficult to decide who to let go of.

Would you have the Cowboys OL...

if it hypothetically means we won't have the following players: TY, Moncrief, Dorsett, Gore, Andre Johnson, Allen, Fleener?

Yes.

It's easier to find decent receivers than it is to find the o-line talent that the Cowboys have.

I'd make that trade......   and for the record,  I love all the guys you're willing to give up.   But the Dallas o-line is rare and special.

I would give up TY, Andre, Fleener, Allen, and Gore. That is a ton actually. TY would be the key in that trade for Dallas to make it fair for Dallas + Fleener and Allen are 2 Good TE's, Witten is older. Gore still looks good too and Dallas doesn't have a big name RB. I would want to keep Moncrief and Dorsett though, I mean we still would be giving up 5 quality players and TY by my suggestion.  

Then who would we have on offense???

Luck with time to throw the ball, that's who.

Who was Edelman before Brady?

Who was Blair White before & after Peyton Manning?

A franchise QB can make a good WR out of an average one, especially if he has time in the pocket to pick the defense apart.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• His Injury/repair was December 5th.  (Almost 2 months earlier than Fisher)  He got 1 catch for 5 yards in a pre-season game (where they don't play the whole game) about 8 1/2 months later (August 19), or 257 days.  Fisher would have to make his first game appearance on about October 17, 2021 to be comparable.  It seems many teams are accelerating rehab on players that had limited or mini-open repair Technique.  And things don't always work the same for every player.   Take Sidney Jones. For example. He tore his Achilles at his pro day in 2017. He fell from a certain first round pick to the Eagles in the second round at #43.  Jones also had the new tech mini-open Achilles repair performed by Dr. R. Anderson on March 21, 2017 which is just a couple months shy of his 21st birthday.    https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261854/new-advances-in-achilles-treatment-encouraging-for-sidney-jones-nfl-players   He did not get activated onto the Eagles active 53 roster until December 30, 2017, the Eagles final regular season game. (It was just slightly more than 9 months in recovery). He was not active for any post season play (Super Bowl season) that year.   He was waived by the Eagles a couple years later, and has suffered hamstring and Achilles injuries with the Jags since.   Here was his 'talk' and buzz after his surgery-   Sidney Jones said he’s certain he’ll play in 2017 — and play like the first-round pick he believes he still deserves to be. “I’m the best corner in the draft, plain and simple,” Jones told USA TODAY Sports. “Don’t look at the possibility of me not playing this first year....  ... I can play basically right when the season starts." Ummm, no. I'm sorry, he did not. He was only 20-21 years old, and also had the 'latest' improvements in surgical technique for Achilles repair. It was just 3-4 years ago.   You can't make a comp based upon just one other person, otherwise Terrell Suggs would be the target and not the outlier.     Some don't assume the worst, but they are aware of the averages.  
    • If TL works out, the sky is the limit for that O. 3 very good WRs, now they have a star RB who can run and catch. If Walker Little is a hit, the OL will be much improved as the season progresses. They need help at TE. Not sure Tebow is the answer lol.    The D still needs help, but they've got some good pieces and a lot of the rooks from last year should take a nice jump. They added two nice DBs this draft too.   Jags were also hit hard by injury last year. Top 5 in man games lost. In short, things could click very well for them as the season progresses.   Texans fell apart in several areas last season. Not sure they will fall apart again like last year. But yes, maybe 8 is high. They should trade Watson and start over IMO.
    • That's what I meant.  The comp pick date has passed.  I think that was his strategy all along, to wait until that date passed before we would see more FA signings, since the quality of player he was going to sign was about the same as the players that were available before the date.
    • Yup. Doesn't take much to look good against bad teams lol. I'm not asking to blitz near the top of the league, but I just want to be near the mean/median. Right now we're close to last.  I just don't think people understand how low our blitz % is/was. And our personnel did not do bad at all taking that into context. Heck, we got more pressures than several teams that blitzed twice as much (like Houston and the Bills).   And I'm tired of our soft zone making bad QBs look good lol... I still have night terrors of Minshew carving us up.. 
  • Members

• Dogg63

Dogg63 2,226

• shasta519

shasta519 3,077

• HOZER

HOZER 3,773

• DougDew

DougDew 2,771

• Wentzszn

Wentzszn 10,489

• AustinnKaine