Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

O-line switch around

Valpo2004

They really did, and all I read is Thornton needs to go.  Even old Bob Lamey said "These new young officials obviously do not know what holding is."  Thornton played mean and then got meaner with the calls.

That's what I seen as well . Thorton showed some of the meaness ive been expecting all along. Is he finally healthy ? Lamey hit it on the head , some TV announcers made reference to some being petty as well.

That's what I seen as well . Thorton showed some of the meaness ive been expecting all along. Is he finally healthy ? Lamey hit it on the head , some TV announcers made reference to some being petty as well.

I cannot understand the number of holdings called.  It bothers me that one team has had a bunch every game.

The current O Line that we have in place with Costanzo, Mewhort Holmes Thornton Reitz should work out just fine barring injuries.  It's actually a better lineup than the one we had in the playoffs.  Hopefully they'll stay in place for a number of games and get to jell.  Pep said he liked the communication they had out there which is a good sign. All of them are capable, just need to decrease all the penalties if that's even possible with how these referees are obsessed with throwing flags out there. 

Now if we can get Pep to tweak things a bit and add more blitz beaters and check downs it will take the pressure off them even more.  Also if we can get our QB to start taking said check downs instead of throwing into triple coverage that would be good!  Oh and how about some play action passing? Kevin Bowen if you are reading this post please bring this question up to Pep!

As I have said before, at this stage of the game these OL moves are like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It takes time, practice and playing together to coordinate the OL - things that should have been done in training camp. The most talented player in the league would look bad if they have to think about how to play - it would look "dazed and confused" (and it does).

Any player learns how a ref calls plays - including holding. Any well-coached player learns what to do, and how not to get those calls.

We have all the on-field talent we need to win a SB. Newsflash - It ain't gonna happen with this coaching.

Now that got me a laugh!  I'm sitting here watching Total Access on NFL Network  and Eric Davis says it may actually be better to let Hasslebeck play on Sunday and let Luck rest.  He said with Hasslebeck playing Pep will have to play the whole field including throwing the check downs instead of sitting back throwing 9 routes all day long.  He said by playing Hasslebeck for the whole game it will show Pep what is possible when you incorporate the short throws into the offense and play the whole field.  Then he can take those things and apply them to Luck going forward.  Then he turns and demands the camera be placed on him and he says Pep Look At Me, Change Your Offense!   Change Your Offense Pep!

I got a good giggle out of that.  Dude has the entire NFL screaming the same message to him, so I hope he Pagano and Chud listen.  It's really stressful!