Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andrew Luck playing injured?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About as stuck as me on watching a QB who can't recognize a blitz and know he has to get rid of the ball because more than likely someone is open immediately. Hell I'm even more impressed with Mariota today in being able to utilize his checkdowns, screen games, and not to mention his ability to throw it away when nothing was there. And this is a guy whose only been in the league 6 months, let alone 4 years.

Especially the 1st 2 games...you knew the Bills and Jets were gonna blitz most of the time...especially on third and long...he hangs onto the ball too long...and youʻre right about Mariota reading the blitzʻs better...if he had bootlegged for the 2pts we would be going to OT

How could he not be hurt given the weekly punishment? But of course the real question is whether he has an injury that is affecting his performance and/or will cause him to miss games.

He is tough, and may not be hurt now. But all these hits have to add up in long term, whether retires a couple years earlier than he could have had he not been hit so much, or lingering body issues far, far down the road.

NONE of the defenses have really disguised their blitz packages, and that's on Luck to see where his outlet is at given his read on the blitz.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with the "NONE" part...

Typical Rex D: Who is rushing, and who is dropping into coverage? Disguised very well pic.twitter.com/JezH7UlWgU

— Ben Volin (@BenVolin)

September 15, 2015

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/9/27/9406563/is-andrew-luck-playing-hurt-colts

Some speculation that he is. I also noticed Luck grimacing when Hasselbeck hit him in the chest.

I noticed that too. He winced when Hassleback started to pat him on the chest. Like he was guarding it and expected pain. I would be surprised if he wasn't with as many hits as he has taken.

you say bad o-line and I really cant disagree however, I will say Luck holds on to the ball longer than most any other QB. Maybe its just me but it also seams that every pass he throws is down the field over 20 yards. Where are the wide outs that are close or are they all running routes like we would pick on madden.

ask pep

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with the "NONE" part...

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/643834602801528832

1 picture hardly disapproves my point, especially later in the game when Luck continued to look downfield. There was no need to, and neither the Jets nor Tennessee were afraid to show their hand because Luck wasn't doing anything against it anyways.

1 picture hardly disapproves my point, especially later in the game when Luck continued to look downfield. There was no need to, and neither the Jets nor Tennessee were afraid to show their hand because Luck wasn't doing anything against it anyways.

Buffalo definitely did the best job of it though, and it showed. Having said that, I agree he absolutely needs to get better, I can only hope that it's something that they practice, because after watching Rodgers play tonight, Luck isn't even close to being on that level. But in the 4th quarter yesterday, Luck and the line looked like they started to gel, and the Titans were still blitzing left and right. Hopefully that's something they can build on moving forward.

Buffalo definitely did the best job of it though, and it showed. Having said that, I agree he absolutely needs to get better, I can only hope that it's something that they practice, because after watching Rodgers play tonight, Luck isn't even close to being on that level. But in the 4th quarter yesterday, Luck and the line looked like they started to gel, and the Titans were still blitzing left and right. Hopefully that's something they can build on moving forward.

The last 9 minutes of the Titans game, Luck was pretty much dead-on. He was a completely different QB from the last 2 games and 51 minutes. Coincidentally they score 21 points in that time frame. The team isn't bad by anymeans, they (offense) just are playing about as bad they possibly can. Hopefully the last quarter of the game and the win will help boost their morality and they come out firing these next couple of weeks.

Luck was asked if he was physically fine after a game where he admitted he was drained during his post-game press conference. Luck said there are always nicks and bruises, but wouldn’t get into any injury-specific questions. He looked like his normal self when meeting the media on Monday.

I would not be at all surprised if Luck is not at 100%.

But the truth is....   he's NEVER going to admit it.    No quarterback does if he can avoid it.     I mean, if an injury is obvious that's one thing.

But -- let's say Luck has bruised ribs -- he's never going to admit it.    Nor should he.    That kind of knowledge is just red meat to a hungry defense.

Is it possible?     Yes.     Doing I think he's dinged up?    As a long-time Luck observer -- I'd say that answer is it's highly likely that he's bruised.      Hoping he can play through it and that he can heal up during the course of the season. 

Not likely,  but that's my hope......

Luck was asked if he was physically fine after a game where he admitted he was drained during his post-game press conference. Luck said there are always nicks and bruises, but wouldn’t get into any injury-specific questions. He looked like his normal self when meeting the media on Monday.

It was a draining victory. Took everything we had to pull that out. It was a great win and great game.

I would not be at all surprised if Luck is not at 100%.

But the truth is....   he's NEVER going to admit it.    No quarterback does if he can avoid it.     I mean, if an injury is obvious that's one thing.

But -- let's say Luck has bruised ribs -- he's never going to admit it.    Nor should he.    That kind of knowledge is just red meat to a hungry defense.

Is it possible?     Yes.     Doing I think he's dinged up?    As a long-time Luck observer -- I'd say that answer is it's highly likely that he's bruised.      Hoping he can play through it and that he can heal up during the course of the season. 

Not likely,  but that's my hope......

I think he's injured but he wont admit it, I agree with you. He didn't look right in the Buffalo game after the 1st Qtr. I think something happened in that game early. Probably explains his poor play but he would never use any excuses.

Looks like this topic is about to pick up a whole lot of steam.

Don't want to overreact, but this was not a normal start to practice with #colts Andrew Luck. Usually takes all of the serious reps.

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

September 30, 2015

While Andrew Luck stood with arms folded, Matt Hasselbeck threw to No. 1 WRs, Alex Tanney followed. May be something there. May be nothing

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

September 30, 2015

Source?

Ugh. Are you kidding me? It was literally EVERYWHERE as soon as the words left Pagano's mouth. 

It is BEYOND sad that this place has gone so fact happy that I reference a direct quote from our head coach and someone immediately pops up going "source?" like I would be making it up, or simply speculating that Pagano said that. 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Ugh. Are you kidding me? It was literally EVERYWHERE as soon as the words left Pagano's mouth. 

It is BEYOND sad that this place has gone so fact happy that I reference a direct quote from our head coach and someone immediately pops up going "source?" like I would be making it up, or simply speculating that Pagano said that. 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

My sources confirm this indeed correct.

What game did he get injured in and why is this just now coming out?

Would be interesting to know, but we likely never will. If it happened against the Bills, and it's just now popping up on the injury report the league is gonna want some answers as to why, so the most we'll ever get is that it happened Sunday or sometime between then and today. 

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/9/27/9406563/is-andrew-luck-playing-hurt-colts

Some speculation that he is. I also noticed Luck grimacing when Hasselbeck hit him in the chest.

I was just about to post the same comment. I didn't have an opportunity to watch the game live, and noticed him grimace (at least looked like a grimace) when Hasselbeck patted him on the chest.