Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andrew Luck playing injured?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The play where he fumbled and dove on the ball it looked like he took it right in the ribs.  I wonder if he bruised something.  He played well after that.

I was wondering earlier in the year if maybe he had some sort of injury as he has just been a little off on many of his throws.

Who knows though, Luck is a tough kid and he appeared to be just fine his last 2 TD passes and the 98 yard drive.

you say bad o-line and I really cant disagree however, I will say Luck holds on to the ball longer than most any other QB. Maybe its just me but it also seams that every pass he throws is down the field over 20 yards. Where are the wide outs that are close or are they all running routes like we would pick on madden.

Lets hope to God he isn't. But I mean, it wouldn't surprise me considering that offensive line he's had in front of him the last 3 years. The kid's taken a beating ever since he's been in the league thanks to that genius GM we have.

Still stuck on how a former offensive lineman doesn't understand the importance of having a line. Grigson must've been a bum lineman.

Then you got GM's who's first year on the team they're addressing the offensive line like Scott McCullough for the Redskins

Still stuck on how a former offensive lineman doesn't understand the importance of having a line. Grigson must've been a bum lineman.

Then you got GM's who's first year on the team they're addressing the offensive line like Scott McCullough for the Redskins

About as stuck as me on watching a QB who can't recognize a blitz and know he has to get rid of the ball because more than likely someone is open immediately. Hell I'm even more impressed with Mariota today in being able to utilize his checkdowns, screen games, and not to mention his ability to throw it away when nothing was there. And this is a guy whose only been in the league 6 months, let alone 4 years.

About as stuck as me on watching a QB who can't recognize a blitz and know he has to get rid of the ball because more than likely someone is open immediately. Hell I'm even more impressed with Mariota today in being able to utilize his checkdowns, screen games, and not to mention his ability to throw it away when nothing was there. And this is a guy whose only been in the league 6 months, let alone 4 years.

:scoregood:

The difference is...Tennessee blitzed us relentlessly....Recognizing it is no big deal.

You have to beat it...and you cant just get rid of the ball..you have to find a hole..

They want Andrew to check down.

Mariotta was allowed to stand in the pocket and deliver. When we move d him, he was unsuccessful.

Plus. Tennessee can lose and no lone cares. Colts now have to win .

Forget interceptions and fumbles..Count wins and only wins

The difference is...Tennessee blitzed us relentlessly....Recognizing it is no big deal.

You have to beat it...and you cant just get rid of the ball..you have to find a hole..

They want Andrew to check down.

Mariotta was allowed to stand in the pocket and deliver. When we move d him, he was unsuccessful.

Plus. Tennessee can lose and no lone cares. Colts now have to win .

Forget interceptions and fumbles..Count wins and only wins

?? The Jets and Bills did the same and Luck continued doing the same thing he had done the past couple of weeks, either a) stare down a receiver from the start or b) pick the most difficult read out of his progressions and throw there. What do you mean you can't just get rid of the ball? NONE of the defenses have really disguised their blitz packages, and that's on Luck to see where his outlet is at given his read on the blitz. Needless to say he's done pretty * poor, and its rather laughable that people actually believe the OL should hold for long periods of time with 5-6 guys coming 60-70% of his drop-backs. Luck is making the game much harder than it is..

Mariotas check down was 20 yds down the field with a defender 10 yds away from him

you say bad o-line and I really cant disagree however, I will say Luck holds on to the ball longer than most any other QB. Maybe its just me but it also seams that every pass he throws is down the field over 20 yards. Where are the wide outs that are close or are they all running routes like we would pick on madden.

Gregg Doyle with the Indy Star wrote this:

NASHVILLE – Andrew Luck was struggling to put on his shirt. His pants weren’t going on much easier, either. Didn’t look like he could bend. Didn’t look like he could breathe. Luck was hurting and he was exhausted, and finally an Indianapolis Colts security official was at his side, helping him pack his stuff and get out of this locker room at Nissan Stadium, where it didn’t feel like a team had just won.

Link:http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2015/09/27/doyel-colts-pound-pound-pound-and-survive/72829562/

To me this either shows extreme exhaustion or some sort of seriously painful injury...

no doubt he's got some type of chest compression injury based on the obvious wincing when Hasselback jarred him in the chest.  However, many players have this type of injury (soft tissue injury - around the rib cage -- slight cartridge tear, etc.)  It would be good for him to get a chest x-ray, but Luck probably doesn't want to draw attention to it.  Those are VERY painful (had several over the years), and I can't imagine the pain trying to throw a football and also knowing your going to take hits to it over and over..... brutal. 

NASHVILLE – Andrew Luck was struggling to put on his shirt. His pants weren’t going on much easier, either. Didn’t look like he could bend. Didn’t look like he could breathe. Luck was hurting and he was exhausted, and finally an Indianapolis Colts security official was at his side, helping him pack his stuff and get out of this locker room at Nissan Stadium, where it didn’t feel like a team had just won.

Link:http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2015/09/27/doyel-colts-pound-pound-pound-and-survive/72829562/

To me this either shows extreme exhaustion or some sort of seriously painful injury...

That sounds like a painful injury to me.  

I'd have a hard time thinking that's just exhaustion.  

With the O-Line what is (and definitely isn't) I wouldn't be surprised if Luck has some type of rib injury. Which is a total shame. I feel bad for Luck. 

That whole O-Line shake up is so stupid.

If you are going to put Reitz in anywhere, put him at LG and leave Mewhort at RT. Do whatever you can to keep Thornton off the field. 

That O-Line coach is garbage.  

Could well be a rib injury based on that. Wouldn't surprise me with the punishment the guy takes.

It wouldn't also surprise me if he's played through injuries that haven't made the report. 

I don't think, at this point, there can be any doubt that Luck is playing hurt. Especially given the Doyle report above.

I think it's effecting a lot. His arm strength is the big one. But also, since he doesn't trust his O line, he is just throwing the ball up there to try to get rid of it and avoid the hit. Instead of throwing it out of bounds, he is trying to make a play and throwing it into traffic.

Bottom line..its Okay if Andrew leads he league in turnovers if he also leads he league in wins

Very true. But he does need to learn to throw it away or take a sack. Sometimes its good to give up on a play. Just throw it away or take the sack and live with another down.