Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Had Good Bowl Game But Team Came Up Short

Vanderjagt'd.

Field position'd.

Defense'd.

Was the victim of all of these from his own team. (Well, Blackmon could shred any college D)

Luck played a perfect game, and led Stanford within spitting distance of winning (TWICE) in spite of only having 1/3 of a team contributing. Looks eerily familiar.

We. Must. Draft him. He has a legit shot at shouldering a team as poor as we currently are. If we give him a good team, we'll win Super Bowls. Little to no doubt.

With Polian gone and what I gather a substantial personnel flushing ahead, we should all be excited for the future.

Kicker definitely botched that game, can't blame him so much for the second one though as it was kind of a bad snap/hold.......

He did look very good, I would love to see him as the new face of the future (after Manning is gone of course). This is coming from a guy whos favorite player is Manning & has his wall plastered with autographed pictures and and balls. I'm about as big as a Manning fan as you can get but I also love the Colts as a team and believe Irsay when mentions doing what's best to achieve long run sustainable greatness.

Drafting Morris Claiborne is not going to achieve 15 years of greatness, lol. Most likely a QB will get us that long run sustainable greatness that Irsay wants to get back working on. Kind of hard to believe we made the SB as recently as 2009 now we are in transition.

Vanderjagt'd.

Field position'd.

Defense'd.

Was the victim of all of these from his own team. (Well, Blackmon could shred any college D)

Luck played a perfect game, and led Stanford within spitting distance of winning (TWICE) in spite of only having 1/3 of a team contributing. Looks eerily familiar.

We. Must. Draft him. He has a legit shot at shouldering a team as poor as we currently are. If we give him a good team, we'll win Super Bowls. Little to no doubt.

With Polian gone and what I gather a substantial personnel flushing ahead, we should all be excited for the future.

Yeah, like 5lbs of dense pumpkin ravioli flushing (SNL's Dyson toilet)

This is coming from a guy whos favorite player is Manning & has his wall plastered with autographed pictures and and balls.

And...and...balls?

*Gives confused look.*

*Slowly sidesteps away*

I know it's a typo but that just struck me as humorous.

At least I think that's a typo...... lol

And...and...balls?

*Gives confused look.*

*Slowly sidesteps away*

I know it's a typo but that just struck me as humorous.

At least I think that's a typo...... lol

Hah yeah, I'm typing on my phone. I mess up all the time + auto correct messes things up as well occasionally, typos galore indeed.

i thought he looked good.

opinions?

He was good, real good.

Missed on 4 passes all game, something like 9 of 11 on 3rd down.

He was very poised on that 2 minute drill, should have won the game if not for the missed field goal. I can't wait to see him work with NFL caliber receivers instead of a team full of tight ends.

Before tonight, I was of the opinion that we should trade the #1 pick for value. After seeing Luck play, I would feel cheated if Indy didn't select him. The man was absolutely amazing. His grasp of the game was phenomenal...stunningly similar to someone else we know and love...

Before tonight, I was of the opinion that we should trade the #1 pick for value. After seeing Luck play, I would feel cheated if Indy didn't select him. The man was absolutely amazing. His grasp of the game was phenomenal...stunningly similar to someone else we know and love...

Thank God we have another convert. I am sorry-- I understand both sides of the argument. It would be great to have an army of picks in the draft ala New England, but what you see is what you get with Luck. He was Peyton in a Stanford uniform tonight. You cannot argue with that. Hopefully a lot of the naysayers saw the game tonight!

Luck is about as NFL ready a player you're gonna find. He has all the intangibles; Intelligent enough to recognize coverages, great pocket awareness, and the ability to make all the throws. Love the way he sold the PA on the Montgomery TD.

Mike Gundy and his staff have done a great job at recruiting talent for OSU. I thought they had stuck gold with Dez Bryant, and now they have a seemingly higher prospect in Blackmon. With new Offensive Coordinator Todd Muncin their offense was as good as ever. In fact they didn't fail to score under 30 points in any games this seasons, and that was going up against some pretty stout defenses with Texas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. In fact they were a double OT loss against Iowa St. from having an undefeated season.

Best game I've seen him play. He looked like a special player last night. Still overall want them to trade the pick, but I'd be much more comfortable now with keeping the pick and drafting Luck now then I was a few days ago.

Assuming of course that Manning has a full recovery. If not the Colts really MUST draft him.

If I had to choose between Manning or Luck moving forward...... well...... I don't think I could.

That's the thing, you don't have to. Manning and Luck can coexist. Yeah, we will be spending money on a bench player but with the new CBA it is affordable. But not only are we paying for back-up, we are paying for INSURANCE (if he is what he seems to be). I think all of us can agree that we need insurance behind Manning and just because we have insurance behind Manning does not mean we are kicking him to the curb. I feel if we draft Luck this will play out like the Farve-Rodgers situation. Manning will play out whatever years he wants to and will decide to retire on his own terms. Now let's not hope Manning has a change-of-mind and becomes a diva lol.

I feel the exact same way. Ive been saying for awhile that We should trade the pick for a few other picks and build the team this year with alot of draftees and that Peyton could turn any late 1st or 2nd rounder into a great QB. But after watching that game last night wow all I kept thinking was this kid looks like a younger Peyton, we have to take this kid. He appears to already be ready to take an NFL team to the playoffs. He must have really payed alot of attention at Mannings QB camp haha.

Luck played a decent game but it's hard to get excited when it was against OKST horrible defense. I saw 2 really good throws from Luck, one was the throw to Whalen on the sideline and i can't really who caught the 2nd one. Most of the game he was throwing safe passes and not trying to push it which was smart. The running game was working well all night and what really killed them was there kicker and Blackmon being a beast.