Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking for someone to take over a team in the Elite League

SilentHill

We have some people not participating, looking for someone to take over for at least one team for now, please let me know if you are interested. First come first served.

Okay, if this is a dumb question so be it. I tend to ask a lot of those so if you wanna give me a dunce cap & make me sit in the corner for a couple of hours I'm cool with it. 

The nature of your headline led me to believe that a new regime change is in order in INDY. Is this a fantasy football question or are you asking forum members to submit possible head coaching replacements/candidates? 

I'm confused SH. Then again, I don't play fantasy football & I never will either so that explains a lot from my point of view I guess. I have more efficient ways of wasting my free time. Okay, it is fantasy football stuff. I'm out. 

Okay, if this is a dumb question so be it. I tend to ask a lot of those so if you wanna give me a dunce cap & make me sit in the corner for a couple of hours I'm cool with it. 

The nature of your headline led me to believe that a new regime change is in order in INDY. Is this a fantasy football question or are you asking forum members to submit possible head coaching replacements/candidates? 

I'm confused SH. Then again, I don't play fantasy football & I never will either so that explains a lot from my point of view I guess. I have more efficient ways of wasting my free time. Okay, it is fantasy football stuff. I'm out. 

haha southwest, this thread is in the fantasy football sub forum, so yes, it is about fantasy football ;)

Doesn't someone earn their way into elite through Joe? Someone who hasn't been in Joe can manage an elite?

What an excellent point.

So, would a manager, or two abandon their Joe's team to pick up an established Elite Team, and Joe's need to find replacements?

Or, are you proposing the a Joe's manager, or two, manages a team in each league for the rest of the year, and we worry about standings later.

What happens if the same manager ends up last in Elite, and first in Joe's. 

Or do we abandon the tiered leagues?

What an excellent point.

So, would a manager, or two abandon their Joe's team to pick up an established Elite Team, and Joe's need to find replacements?

Or, are you proposing the a Joe's manager, or two, manages a team in each league for the rest of the year, and we worry about standings later.

What he said :)

What an excellent point.

I see your point about possible sabotage. It is a tough situation. I think the elite team, regardless of who manages, should probably be exempt from last place rules. Yes, i can hear the grumblings on that too. I guess if this is the case then it doesn't matter who manages the team.

The first suggestion you made works well too, but then we're looking for someone on Joe. With the way my luck is going I might as well abandon mine lol.

Well, I suppose we need to do something, even if it means we do 'nothing'(?).

So, let me know if I'm missing possibilities:

1. Joe's managers take over Elite Teams, and dual manage. Then they are in the Elite League, holding down teams in Joe's for next years shuffle?

2. Joe's managers take over Elite Teams, and dual manage. Then stay in the Joe's League pending next years shuffle?

3. Joe's managers take over Elite Teams, and abandon their Joe's team. Joe's teams get new owners, and we carry on.

4. Joe's managers take over Elite Team, and abandon their Joe's team. Joe's teams go unmanaged?

5. Elite Teams go unmanaged? (this is the nothing I mentioned earlier).

The way this whole thing turned out, is really a bit funny/ironic when you think about it.

The real problem is that, there's no telling who may need to drop out mid-season. Life happens all the time, and is a bit more important than FF.

Heck, I'm going for surgery, and a back procedure between late Oct, and the end of the year.

I'm not expecting to be absent from the league, but there's a realistic possibility I could goof up on a week, or two.

I ponder the validity of the tiered leagues sometimes. Seems the issue isn't with peoples knowledge of the game. It may take a year, or two to catch up on nuances, strategies, etc, but it's not rocket science. The bigger issue is participation, and, as I'd mentioned, that can't always be helped. Yes, there are people who aren't sincere, but we don't know each other, really. It's impossible to predict who's insincere going into the season, and the rest is life happening.

I also ponder, if we kept two leagues, independent of each other, on week 15 have the league championship, then on week 16 have the Superbowl between the champion of each league. Yes, you could have a couple of players playing on each team. I can't see that being possible, but just thinking.

On the topic at hand? Don't know. How do you guys feel?

Well, I suppose we need to do something, even if it means we do 'nothing'(?).

So, let me know if I'm missing possibilities:

1. Joe's managers take over Elite Teams, and dual manage. Then they are in the Elite League, holding down teams in Joe's for next years shuffle?

2. Joe's managers take over Elite Teams, and dual manage. Then stay in the Joe's League pending next years shuffle?

3. Joe's managers take over Elite Teams, and abandon their Joe's team. Joe's teams get new owners, and we carry on.

4. Joe's managers take over Elite Team, and abandon their Joe's team. Joe's teams go unmanaged?

5. Elite Teams go unmanaged? (this is the nothing I mentioned earlier).

The way this whole thing turned out, is really a bit funny/ironic when you think about it.

The real problem is that, there's no telling who may need to drop out mid-season. Life happens all the time, and is a bit more important than FF.

Heck, I'm going for surgery, and a back procedure between late Oct, and the end of the year.

I'm not expecting to be absent from the league, but there's a realistic possibility I could goof up on a week, or two.

I ponder the validity of the tiered leagues sometimes. Seems the issue isn't with peoples knowledge of the game. It may take a year, or two to catch up on nuances, strategies, etc, but it's not rocket science. The bigger issue is participation, and, as I'd mentioned, that can't always be helped. Yes, there are people who aren't sincere, but we don't know each other, really. It's impossible to predict who's insincere going into the season, and the rest is life happening.

I also ponder, if we kept two leagues, independent of each other, on week 15 have the league championship, then on week 16 have the Superbowl between the champion of each league. Yes, you could have a couple of players playing on each team. I can't see that being possible, but just thinking.

On the topic at hand? Don't know. How do you guys feel?

1 and 2 both seem a bit unfair either way you look at it.  Unless, the person taking over the Elite team is someone who has already been in the elite league before.

3 is similar to one, how do you determine who is 'worthy' of the elite league, or is it just first come first serve, which is fine I guess.

4 is just as similar to 3, and can we find new owners

5 seems to be the most logical.  The persons lineup with obviously be missing people from week 4 and on so they will most likely get last place.  If they get dropped from the elite league because of last place, then so be it.  Unfortunate byproduct of having to leave the league. 

It is hard to justify someone else coming in and getting 'bye' into the elite league and managing a team they did not draft.  If they win, it's only because they managed someone elses skill in picking players and not their own.  So they have only done half the work.

I am not looking to take over the team so this is an unbiased assessment on my part.  I like the concept of a tiered league, but typically you have more lower tier leagues than you do upper tier.  If Joe's is the only feeder, and people swap back and forth, I can see where it could get stale at times.  What you could do is drop Joe's league to an 8 team league, maybe create another 8 team league, and then increase the Elite league to 12 the following year or keep it at 10, depending on your criteria for entrance into the Elite league.

It's really tough, because competition is what makes the game, having a team that is unmanaged takes away from the league as a whole.

My thought is, find a replacement manager, but they will not be grandfathered into the league, they can join Joes next season if they want, but if they don't come in 11th or 12th then 3 people from joes would move up.

I think this satisfys everyone.

It's really tough, because competition is what makes the game, having a team that is unmanaged takes away from the league as a whole.

My thought is, find a replacement manager, but they will not be grandfathered into the league, they can join Joes next season if they want, but if they don't come in 11th or 12th then 3 people from joes would move up.

Agreed

I agree with this also.