Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting LG?

Andy

Yup. Pretty much in the order you have there. Between the 5 you mention Pollack would be LG. Devan may have to back of Ijalana at RG.

McClendon is a question mark until after training camp.

The other guys are backups/special teams.

I say Free Agency should be used to address the special teams issue.

Who do you think starts? You have to choose between Mike Pollak, Kyle Devan, Jacques McClendon, Jamey Richard, or Jaimie Thomas. Do you think the Colts go out and get a free agent?

Who do you have starting at RG? I'm guessing it will be Devan and McClendon to start the season. Hopefully Ijalana can learn the position and start eventually.

Who do you have starting at RG? I'm guessing it will be Devan and McClendon to start the season. Hopefully Ijalana can learn the position and start eventually.

I see it being:

Castonzo

Pollak or Devan

Saturday

Ijalana

Diem

Ijalana is very versatile making it possible for him to play RG. USually tackles don't do well when moved to guard, but because he is versatile he can play it, and play it well. That right side of the line should be solid this year, the left side is a question mark.

I would go with Thomas. I think he is the best run blocker out of the group but he does need work in pass blocking. As long as its not Jamey Richard tho I think they can get by. Richard don't belong on a NFL roster anywhere, he is flat out awful.