Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early 2016 Mock Draft (Addressing the trenches)

Here is an early draft in which hopefully Indy has a new GM and OC, possibly new HC as well...

I have Indy missing the playoffs due to this distraction in the front office and poor offensive coaching...

Round 1 Pick 18: A'Shawn Robinson, DT/DE, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin (A)
Round 3 Pick 24 (BALT): Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford (B)
Round 4 Pick 18: Wayne Lyons, CB/FS, Michigan (B-)
Round 4 Pick 24 (BALT): Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma (B)
Round 5 Pick 17: Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 6 Pick 18: D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (A-)

Voltz could play both C and OG, and Murphy would allow the Colts to play him at RT, and move Mewhort back to LG. Murphy has quicker feet for OT than Mewhort.

Robinson would finally give the Colts a great DT in the mold of Marcel Dareus. Him and Parry would be a good combo on the DL along with Langford and Anderson.

While I don't have a great OLB or ILB drafted high in this draft, they could address it in free agency, or allow Sio Moore and Irving to play more snaps or possibly start next year.

If you think DT is a need right now you aren't watching the games.

Yeah seriously. We may finally be set on the D-Line with Anderson, Parry, Langford, and then Jones next year. Hell Jones will be a backup if we keep him because Anderson and Langford are better players. And just imagine how good Parry and Anderson will be in their 2nd seasons. What I wanna know is if we can draft a new GM and coaching staff LOL

Yeah seriously. We may finally be set on the D-Line with Anderson, Parry, Langford, and then Jones next year. Hell Jones will be a backup if we keep him because Anderson and Langford are better players. And just imagine how good Parry and Anderson will be in their 2nd seasons. What I wanna know is if we can draft a new GM and coaching staff LOL

Not only that, but we run a 3-4 so I'm not sure where he would play. But OLB and O-Line are the biggest needs besides Head Coach and GM.

Right now he is better value than any OL that early in the draft. And parry has played 2 games. We don't know if he's the answer there yet.

Parry has shown a lot in those 2 games though, doesn't take much but he's far and beyond better than Chap ever was. I do prefer drafting bpa though. Unless it's another WR haha

Would anyone on here be opposed to the colts drafting a great RT round 1 and moving mewhort back to LG? I for one would be in favor of this since he and costanzo had great chemistry and shored up the left side. Guys that would be a possibility include jack Conklin, Taylor decker, Ronnie stanley

I'd be fine taking an OT in R1 or R2 and moving Mewhort back to guard.

Completely fine with that.

And with the way we're going,  the Colts may not be drafting near the bottom of any round.   We may be drafting much higher than we'd like! 

:panic:                  :omg:               :hissy:                  :wall:

Here is a revised version I like better for the Colts. They get their RT, their LG by moving Mewhort back there, their pass rusher for the future in Jordan Jenkins, and added depth at LB, DT, and CB.

Round 1 Pick 22: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29 (N.E.): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (B)
Round 3 Pick 22: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A-)
Round 3 Pick 29 (N.E.): Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS/OLB, Louisville (B)
Round 4 Pick 22: Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma (B)
Round 5 Pick 21: Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn (B+)
Round 6 Pick 22: D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (A-)

Here is a revised version I like better for the Colts. They get their RT, their LG by moving Mewhort back there, their pass rusher for the future in Jordan Jenkins, and added depth at LB, DT, and CB.

Round 1 Pick 22: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State (A-)

Round 2 Pick 29 (N.E.): Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (B)

Round 3 Pick 22: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A-)

Round 3 Pick 29 (N.E.): Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS/OLB, Louisville (B)

Round 4 Pick 22: Eric Striker, OLB, Oklahoma (B)

Round 5 Pick 21: Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn (B+)

Round 6 Pick 22: D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (A-)

I think they view Mewhort as their long term RT, which I don't disagree with, he's been solid so far. That, and Castonzo signed a big deal a while ago. If we go Oline in the first I think we go inside instead of outside.

I think they view Mewhort as their long term RT, which I don't disagree with, he's been solid so far. That, and Castonzo signed a big deal a while ago. If we go Oline in the first I think we go inside instead of outside.

If Conklin was there when we picked, I'd take him in a heartbeat. You'd get him on the field at LG where he'd be a massive upgrade, and he'd instantly be the primary backup at LT if Castonzo had to miss time. And I'd leave Mewhort at RT.