Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. New York Jets Monday Night Football Game Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think the biggest part of what Ballard is doing right now is (1) calling teams to ask what they would want from us for their quarterback.    Stafford,  Ryan,  Darnold...       And then,  (2)  further evaluations on the QB class.   Will there be someone they like at 21?   And I know what CB said at his year end briefing.   I don't expect him to be fully candid about such a thing in that setting.    Or might there be someone they'd take in the 2nd or 3rd round?        In other words,  what are the other options if (A) Rivers retires,  or (B) could someone else be a better option than Rivers and we might just say "sorry, we're going in another direction."      I would think the evaluation of Rivers 2020 season would already be pretty close to done.     
    • Did you watch Ballard’s end of year presser? He wouldn’t even say that he thought Eason would be the backup for sure, never mind end up being the starter. He made it sound like he was more committed to the idea of Jacoby Brissett being the starter/backup than Eason.   Ballard said some nice things about him, but basically said they haven’t really had a chance to see enough from him at all at this point. This is a big off season and upcoming training camp/preseason for him.   Could he be a franchise QB? Maybe. He’ll have to prove it to us though. 
    • Rivers played well for us this season, I don't think that's really up for debate. Definitely a lot better than JB.
    • I know we havent seen him in NFL game action, but his throwing traits cant be taught. Nice accuracy and consistently hits guys in stride. If he has learned to read defenses better and not stare down targets, could he be the franchise QB? I am intrigued and hope we can see some serious Eason play come training camp and pre games. It sucks having a guy with great arm talent and yet havent seen him in action yet
    • Goff is marginally better than Mitch Trubisky.. so no. Stafford is still the best trade target (besides Watson, not happening) and there's not a close second imo. I hear you Carr fans. I'd rather run Rivers out there again than do that.   Very few QB's at this point are really worth a 25 million cap hit for years into the future, but it's what the going rate is now.
  • Members

• buccolts

buccolts 2,405

• IndyEric07

IndyEric07 82

• ReMeDy

ReMeDy 405

• w87r

w87r 3,935

Moderators
    • StlColt

StlColt 0