Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. New York Jets Monday Night Football Game Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He was asked and basically said he’s going to think about it and not make a decision in the moment.   What I do know is all year there have been rumblings that the Saints were going to move on from Brees after this year regardless.  I am sure for obvious reasons they would prefer for him to retire than go some place else and play.     So the story he was retiring came from Glazer and the question is who did Glazer get it from?  If it came from Drew’s camp then clearly that means it’s pretty solid info.  If it came from the Saints camp it could be they are wanting to push the narrative he’s done.  We will never know where it came from so all we can do is wait and see what Drew does.
    • If Brees is done, and it sounds like he might be, it’s the fans loss.  Drew was one of the good guys in the NFL that everyone can like even if you don’t like the team he played for.  I am glad he got a Super Bowl but too bad it had to be at the Colts expense.  
    • Urban Meyer has won big everywhere he’s been.     First at Bowling Green and then at Utah.  But those are stepping stone programs  where they know on Day One that he won’t be there long.  But he fixed those programs and moved on.    But he stayed at both Florida and Ohio State for roughly 7-8 years.  So it’s not like he quickly jumped ship on big time programs.     Ive read nothing about Meyer also being the GM.  I’m sure he’ll have input in whoever the pick is.   The key is the crazy owner.   I’ve recently read he wants to retain control of the 53-man roster like Jerry Jones does.   Have not read how that was resolved?    I think Kahn is the Wildcard here, NOT Meyer.   I also think his QB will be Lawrence.   If he wanted Fields, he could’ve gone after the Jets job, gotten his guy, and lived in NYC.   But he’s in J’Ville.   I think he marries Trevor. 
    • I dislike the Saints but it don't bleed over to their players.  Bountygate was enough for me to dislike Payton and the organization.    Brees has had a great career and proved a QB don't have to be 6'5" to be great. 
    • I say no.  How’d that work for the Saints when they did that for Ricky Williams or the Vikings when they did that for Walker?  The Colts have more than one major need to address this off-season and with the cap situation they need as many picks as they can get.  
  • Members