Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+3) @ Kansas City (9-17-15)

oldunclemark

8:25 EST....CBS (Jim Nantz and Phil Simms) over-under 42

80 degrees with a chance of light rain

Pivotal game for KC which plays at Green Bay and at Cincinnatti the next 2 weeks..

Alex Smith was 22 of 33 for 3 TDs and 243 yards last week,'Jamaal Charles carried 16 times for 57 yards.

Tight end Travis Kelce caught 6 passes for 106 yards..

KC OT Eric Fisher might miss a second consecutive game with a high ankle sprain.

KC sacked Houston QBs five times...and led 27-9 at the half on the way to winning 27-20

Peyton Manning (24 of 40 for 175 yards) needs 134 yards to reach 70,000 for his career

..and 49 completions to reach 6,000....but the Broncos only had 16 first downs last week and no offensive TDs.

Emmanual Sanders caught 8 passes for 65 yards..

Safety TJ Ward returns of a one-game suspension..but DE Derek Wolfe is till out (on suspension)

Bronco RB CJ Anderson has not practiced and Ronnie Hillman may start

DEnver has swept 2 games from KC the last 3 seasons..

....KC's going to force Peyton to throw deep and that means either interceptions or TDs.

That plus the range of Denver's kicker McManus (good from 55 and 57) last week means I'd should go with

the 'over'.

I wouldn't bet this game either way win or lose...Not comfortable taking KC to win by more than 3 and

not sure about Anderson

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait for this game tomorrow. Its gonna be a good one. Kansas City's coming out on top IMO, but I do want to say that our boy aint done yet. Peyton's still going to have a good year. But Denver's in for a fight going up against a really good Chiefs team at Aero Head.

I think Denver may open in a 2 TE set..and surprise KC...

They didn't run to set up the pass last week

KC's got to run Jamaal Charles...They're a little overmatched passing against Denver's secondary and rush...

That big tight end looks like a threat..

Should be close but a KC win really lifts them up..

But if Denver gets 2 wins in five days and gets 9 days off..look out...the schedule gets easier for awhile..2-0 could soon be 6-0

I think this game could be very tough for Denver especially if Anderson is out. I like the Denver D a lot but they were not really challenged by the Baltimore offense which is putrid this year. They will get a much better test from KC. I am very interested to see what adjustments Kubiak makes for the offense and if he has Manning under center more. I can't imagine Manning putting another game like he did last week so I think the offense will be better. I am with you Mark, I would not bet this game.

KC will use those dink and dunk passes to get the ball out fast and negate that pass rush. I'm not sure if Denver can run against KC....the offense is still a work in progress. I think both defenses hold the opposing offenses out of the endzone for the most part. 19-16 Denver with both teams scoring a rushing td. Peyton is going to have to  endure another week of scrutiny but i think after the extra work he can get in after this week he will come out with a nice game in week 3.

the broncos want to establish the run early and get the ball down the field to their open receivers. defensively they want to stop the run & prevent big plays down the field

meanwhile, the chiefs want to establish the run early and get the ball down the field to their open receivers. defensively they want to stop the run & prevent big plays down the field 

Really bummed that I don't get to watch this. I think it'll be an anticlimatic win for the Broncos. Whether or not Peyton plays well won't matter for that reason and people will dream up reasons why he had another bad game. So if I'm Peyton or Bronco fan, my response to anything they throw at me until we like...lose...is so f#@%!©´ what.