Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Apparently NFL players don't agree. They almost never wear them, especially at WR

I understand that, but it seems ridiculous with the technology we have today to not want to protect yourself as much as possible. It's funny because it seems like NBA players are moving towards more padding (look at Lebron) and NFL players are wearing less. It makes no sense why you would not want a little extra protection for such a physical sport.

Pads do help against bruising and I don't see how anyone can argue that. For fun sake, put a foam pad on your knee and slam a helmet on it. Now try it without the pad and tell me which hurt less.

I understand that, but it seems ridiculous with the technology we have today to not want to protect yourself as much as possible. It's funny because it seems like NBA players are moving towards more padding (look at Lebron) and NFL players are wearing less. It makes no sense why you would not want a little extra protection for such a physical sport.

Pads do help against bruising and I don't see how anyone can argue that. For fun sake, put a foam pad on your knee and slam a helmet on it. Now try it without the pad and tell me which hurt less.

That does sound fun!

FYI, that dumb guy in your avatar isn't wearing knee pads. He never did.

Plus, it's illegal to not wear knee or thigh pads, since 2013, so TY was wearing them.

That does sound fun!

FYI, that dumb guy in your avatar isn't wearing knee pads. He never did.

Plus, it's illegal to not wear knee or thigh pads, since 2013, so TY was wearing them.

FYI, I never said that he did. I did not know it was made illegal though...but that just helps reaffirm my point. I'm sure the nfl didn't put that rule in place just for the heck of it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• To the bolded, the point of having cap room and draft picks is to add good players. I don't think good roster management necessitates getting rid of good players when their contracts come up, not when you have the resources to keep them. Especially not if you're a good team, with contention in reach.    I think some overstate how "close" the Colts are, but I do think we're closer to being a contender than we are to being a team that should be stocking up picks to reshape the roster. And that's why 'forward-thinking Ballard' has been rolling forward tens of millions of cap every year.   As for the five players taking half the cap, that's not really where the Colts are, or will be. To keep it simple, once you factor in the pending cap increases -- the cap will be at $240m/year within the next two years, from the players' revenue split going up from 47% to 48.5%, from the TV contracts that are projected to nearly double to $10b/year, and from the 17th regular season game + 2 more playoff games -- having five $20m/year players is about 42% of your team's cap. And that's without going into contract structure and doing a year by year analysis of how your spending compares to the projected cap.   Teams with highly paid veteran QBs typically have about 40-50% of their cap tied into 6-8 players. Packers, Saints, Rams, Bucs, Chiefs, Steelers, Titans, etc. Pretty soon, you can add the Bills and Ravens to this list (and they're already close). The Cardinals are already there.    Right now, the Colts only have four guys above $10m/year (Wentz, Buckner, Kelly, Stewart). We have some room to add highly paid players, and still supplement the roster in free agency. Admittedly, my perspective is based on projected dramatic increases to the cap, but I would assume the Colts are factoring in those same increases. And because the Colts have some wiggle room right now, they might use a unique cap climate in 2021 to take advantage of their flexibility over the next 2-3 seasons, and structure contracts in a way that allows them to keep their young guys and still add a couple of veterans in free agency.  
    • I didn't think it that bad.   In hindsight it is.   Colts gave up the 22nd pick in the draft for the previous years #3 pick in the draft. In his rookie year, Richardson had good numbers - 950 yards rushing, 11 TD's, 51 receptions and 1 TD.  That was in 15 games with Weeden as the QB.  I thought with Luck as the QB his game would step up.      Was it a mistake - YES.   Was it the worst trade in Colts history - Not even close.   Let me remind you of this bad trade:   In search of a franchise QB, the Colts swung a deal with Atlanta for the top pick in the 1990 NFL Draft and used the pick on George, a homegrown product from Warren Central. The cost was steep. The Falcons received OT Chris Hinton, WR Andre Rison, a 1991 first round pick and a fifth round pick in 1990. A six-time Pro Bowler for the Colts, Hinton started 80 more games, including a Pro Bowl season in 1991 and an All-Pro nod in 1993.   Rison started for the Colts as a rookie and caught 52 passes in 1989. With the Falcons, Rison exploded, eclipsing 1,000 receiving yards in four of his five seasons in Atlanta. He finished his Falcons career with 5,633 yards and 56 touchdowns before bouncing around with five other teams in his final six seasons. The 1991 first round pick turned into WR Mike Pritchard, who spent nine solid, but unspectacular seasons in the NFL, finishing with 5,187 receiving yards. As for George, he spent four uninspiring seasons with the Colts with a 14-35 record as a starter, more interceptions than touchdowns (46 to 41) and was traded in 1994 to Atlanta.
    • You're kidding right? So Chris Hinton is worthy but AC isn't?
    • He kind of reminds me of someone like Strahan lite. He's so carefree and and goofy that it almost makes you want to worry about if he take the game serious, but then when you see him on the field he looks mean. Nah, we're good. Haha
  • Members

• BlackTiger

BlackTiger 66

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 4,568

• Superman

Superman 9,206

Moderators
    • Restored

Restored 264

• AustinnKaine

AustinnKaine 287