Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets Trade The Pick....

its the smartest thing to do at the moment. We need way more then just a quarterback. There will always be more prospects in the future.

-The O-line is starting to worry me

-We will probably need some replacements on wide receiver.

-The whole defense needs to be rebuilt...

The #1 pick is worth ALOT! We can probably get 3-4 more valuable picks. Even probably more for next years draft.

Why are we going to hurt our cap with the #1 pick? Even with the rookie cap limit. Were not gonna give him a low blow contract...

I disagree. On the defensive side, I don't think we need to completely rebuild. Play-calling was the biggest issue. When healthy, we have had the same group of players do very well. Our secondary needs lots of help, but as we have seen in the case of guys like Earl Thomas and Eric Berry, rookie DBs can come in and have a big impact. Rucker and Thomas also got plenty of reps in this season, which can only help them. We really need to draft a SS and CB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Mark Barron is a name that keeps coming up

After the firing of Bill and Chris Polian, this drafting logic completely changes. With a new GM means new change, and if you're going to usher in new change, you may as well force new changes across the board so everyone is on an equal learning level. That way, one day, everyone will gel as a cohesive unit.

We need Andrew Luck. We need to usher in the beginning of a new era and get younger. From what I've read, the reason the Polians got fired is not only because they wanted to cut Manning, but also due to their inability to bring in effective younger players. Their oldest players were their best players, and therein lied the problem. Now, we're looking at our older players retiring (ie. Saturday) or wanting to leave (ie. Mathis and or Freeney). Not good - the Colts are looking at a dark future if we do not get younger in a hurry.

its the smartest thing to do at the moment. We need way more then just a quarterback. There will always be more prospects in the future.

The #1 pick is worth ALOT! We can probably get 3-4 more valuable picks. Even probably more for next years draft.

Why are we going to hurt our cap with the #1 pick? Even with the rookie cap limit. Were not gonna give him a low blow contract...

Cant BAP..

..we dont know Mannng's playing condition.

he wont take a hit until August.....

...we have top keep them both........

Personally I completely agree with trading the pick. I could see if we didnt already have a qb like the panthers when they took newton or the rams when they took bradford. But we have arguably one of the top 5 qbs to every lace up a pair of cleats. On the manning front everything is starting to look good. Players are saying his throws look great and from what ive read he's already at about 85 to 90 percent health. All the way up to the draft he is gonna be working his butt off to make himself strong than ever. He wants to prove he is not done. Now you draft luck. Where does that get us? Sure we "may" have a great qb 4 years down the road. But what kind of environment does he start out with? He's gonna be stuck with most likely a mediocre defense still and not a very strong o line and run game. Lucks o line and run game is what made him who is is. 2 of his 5 starting o linemen are 1st rounders this year. Not sure about the other three but i assume they are just as good. We dont have that kind of o line here. And who knows if we will by time he starts. If we trade the pick and load up on defenders and linemen we will have a very strong core for the next qb to take over. Why do we need the best prospect in 15 yrs when we already have the best qb. That pick could be used so much more wisely especially now that polian wont be the one to make those picks. Why not take a guy at the top of the second like a nick foles who is someone that could actually learn alot from peyton. He has all the physical tools but just isnt as polished. Or not take a qb at all this year. And for some reason peyton just isnt his old self anymore. We would have two top picks next year and could trade those for Tyler Bray out of tenessee who in my mind is gonna be a phenominal qb at the next level. People are so stuck on luck. But he is not the only option. And in my eyes isnt the best option for this team

why trade the pick ????ask urself that question why would i trade my pic??? is there some1 else that every1 is drooling over no..this kid is the 1 stanford grad smart qb thats what we want..learn the system and run with it luck dont listen to the haters thell be wear ur number 12 jersey once ur drafted

Manning to Blackmon.

Peyton deserves a big strong WR at one point in his career.

Your in for a major let down. Sorry colts taking luck. WR transfer to nfl a lot better then a qb. Luck is a once in a decade qb.

Ok as many draft picks you can get doesnt take over a franchise QB. There are great players from every postion taken almost ever year and a franchise QB is hard to come by. Your just someone who cant accept the fact Manning will retire.

You know we are going to draft Luck, why all of these silly posts about trading? Anyone rooting for RG3 is nuts, one year wonder, doesn't he remind you of Vick, possibly Newton? I would like to see Newton repeat his success. RG3 will be a bust, a NADA. My best buddy, Bucs fan, said it is not fair to go from Manning to Luck. All I see are parallels between the Colts 1990-2010's and the 49ers of 1980-1990's. Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck / Joe Montana & Steve Young.

We will get Luck, take that to the bank. We should focus on DEFENSE. Possibly an OL in 2nd round. Get a vet WR from FA.

And please, Colts training staff, get a some new multivitamins for our SS's. We know Bob's track record and now Bullitt looks like he may have contracted Bob's skeleton affliction, osteoglassitis, that is, glass bones.

Trade it and get way more back, look for a QB in the future, this draft will make or break this team. Peyton is great for atleast 6 more years, then he can ride on the back of his defense that this drafts provides...

Whhhhhaaaaattttt????!!!!!! 6 more years???

ask detroit about this one, how drafts did it take them to get a good WR? and how many did it take to get there QB?

You don't have to have the best WR in the league to win Super Bowls.

It took them awhile to find a franchise qb

Not sure what your trying to imply with your statement

Frave played till he was 40....and he was a running QB took a lot of hits

Running QB????give me a break. He extended plays. He didn't have neck surgey 3 times. Completely diff situation. Brett was a unique QB

Running QB????give me a break. He extended plays. He didn't have neck surgey 3 times. Completely diff situation. Brett was a unique QB

unique!!!! you kiddin....not much to being a gun slinger, and played when he was hurt, not much else really, and frave was a running qb until he got to the nfl, where they had to teach him to stay in the pocket and give the play a lil time...didnt listen to well, any time your out that pocket you become a "runner" and its open season for you, especially when the defense could actually tackle the QB, hardly unique...great however, yea i agree....det spent 3 1st round pick on a WR before they got that beast they have now, they spent 1 on a QB and what do you get....fanchise QB

with the defense how they are so limited to how they can hit the QB, and if Peyton is 100% healthy(which they say we should kno before the draft), yea he'll play for a long time, as long as he wants.

Peyton=unique

unique!!!! you kiddin....not much to being a gun slinger, and played when he was hurt, not much else really, and frave was a running qb until he got to the nfl, where they had to teach him to stay in the pocket and give the play a lil time...didnt listen to well, any time your out that pocket you become a "runner" and its open season for you, especially when the defense could actually tackle the QB, hardly unique...great however, yea i agree....det spent 3 1st round pick on a WR before they got that beast they have now, they spent 1 on a QB and what do you get....fanchise QB

with the defense how they are so limited to how they can hit the QB, and if Peyton is 100% healthy(which they say we should kno before the draft), yea he'll play for a long time, as long as he wants.

Peyton=unique

Brett Favre was a unique qb he never missed games played with broken thumbs ribs you name it. Very rare for a 40 year old to take his team to the NFC title game. Favre was not a running qb ur silly to say that. WR transition to nfl easier period ur point ofvdetroit is awful. So we get Blackmon instead of luck PM gets hurt what then? We have bullets with no gun. You don't pass on a franchise qb/best prospect in 20 years for a 6'1 WR when u can get other WR in other rounds and free agency. Not taking anything away from Blackmon dudes a stud but he can't throw himself the ball.

I don't understand, I watched Luck play, this year, last year, the year before.. and never did I think wow this guy is the next big thing! The Colts could trade the pick and get such a large bounty for HYPE! Luck is good and will be good in the NFL but, with both QB's on the roster, the team will suffer! The Colts would be wise to go with Luck or Manning. My vote is Manning, you know what you are going to get with him, greatness! The bounty they could get for Luck could set them up for multiple Super Bowl runs with Manning and make the transition very smooth for the next QB. There are always great prospects coming out, and every year the #1 QB will be called the sure thing, you have Tyler Bray and Barkley next year.. Brock Osweiler who I think is the next stud the year after! With all these draft picks the Colts could get they would be in a position to get one of these kids in the upcoming future.

I don't understand, I watched Luck play, this year, last year, the year before.. and never did I think wow this guy is the next big thing! The Colts could trade the pick and get such a large bounty for HYPE! Luck is good and will be good in the NFL but, with both QB's on the roster, the team will suffer! The Colts would be wise to go with Luck or Manning. My vote is Manning, you know what you are going to get with him, greatness! The bounty they could get for Luck could set them up for multiple Super Bowl runs with Manning and make the transition very smooth for the next QB. There are always great prospects coming out, and every year the #1 QB will be called the sure thing, you have Tyler Bray and Barkley next year.. Brock Osweiler who I think is the next stud the year after! With all these draft picks the Colts could get they would be in a position to get one of these kids in the upcoming future.

U don't know what ur getting with either qb if u really wanna be honest. Ur one of the few who say u aren't impressed. Scouts analyst everyone is saying he's a slam dunk.

U don't know what ur getting with either qb if u really wanna be honest. Ur one of the few who say u aren't impressed. Scouts analyst everyone is saying he's a slam dunk.

I am not a Colts hommer, Peyton Manning drew me to the Colts, I have liked him since he was in Tennessee, I also loved Aaron Rodgers in college and told everyone he was going to be a stud. Luck to me represents a version of Big Ben minus the arm strength, and that is great! It's not an insult, but he is not going to save the Colts. The Colts have to choose one of them and go with that decision, unless there are some major deals restructured, the Colts would be foolish to go with both. It would limit Manning's success until he retired and would limit Luck when he started, because the team would need to rebuild post Manning. That is why it is one or the other! Next year there is talent coming out Tyler Bray and Matt Barkley are talented kids... I think Brock Osweiler is going to be a stud, he could come out next year or the year after! It is one or the other, unless like I said there are drastic cap changes on the team!

I am really warming up to the idea of trading the pick to the cleveland browns. Obviously i want to see how Robert Griffin tests out but i am getting really high on him. People are so hard for Luck now that he is built into this incredible machine where no criticisms are allowed. People think making Stanford a winner is impressive and it is but Baylor wasn't exactly a powerhouse before RG3 got there. Lets say we trade with cleveland and come away with atleast their 2 1sts this year, and their 2nd we could possibly come away with...

Robert Griffin

Mark Barron

Nose Tackle(maybe Dontari Poe or the guy from washington)

Cornerback(Chase Minifield, Stephen Gilmore, or Jayron Hosely)

I am really warming up to the idea of trading the pick to the cleveland browns. Obviously i want to see how Robert Griffin tests out but i am getting really high on him. People are so hard for Luck now that he is built into this incredible machine where no criticisms are allowed. People think making Stanford a winner is impressive and it is but Baylor wasn't exactly a powerhouse before RG3 got there. Lets say we trade with cleveland and come away with atleast their 2 1sts this year, and their 2nd we could possibly come away with...

Robert Griffin

Mark Barron

Nose Tackle(maybe Dontari Poe or the guy from washington)

Cornerback(Chase Minifield, Stephen Gilmore, or Jayron Hosely)

I would hope for more value then that, but I have and will continue to be on the trade the pick side..

Good thing Cleveland doesn't need anything more than a QB, or else they wouldn't trade with us......o......wait...........

No one is going to pry this pick from our hands. Its just not going to happen. It makes ZERO sense.

If Manning is healthy it makes zero sense to trade the pick? Really? Paying two starting NFL caliber QB's makes zero sense! Having over $20 million of a cap hit from the QB position makes zero sense! It's Luck or Manning not both!

If Manning is healthy it makes zero sense to trade the pick? Really? Paying two starting NFL caliber QB's makes zero sense! Having over $20 million of a cap hit from the QB position makes zero sense! It's Luck or Manning not both!

Wanna be our gm. U r a great scout u new manning and Rogers would be good and luck isn't all that. Irsay is taking apps

I wish we could "loan" out players like they do in soccer. We retain his rights, but let him play and gain experience for another team (at a price).

No it makes brilliant sense for us to trade the pick. It makes ZERO sense for any other team to attempt to get that pick from US.

I agree that Mia/Sea/Wash need QBs, maybe even Clev/KC. But they all have other needs to, just like us. So why would it make sense for us to trade the pick and rebuild, but that doesn't make sense to those teams?

No it makes brilliant sense for us to trade the pick. It makes ZERO sense for any other team to attempt to get that pick from US.

I agree that Mia/Sea/Wash need QBs, maybe even Clev/KC. But they all have other needs to, just like us. So why would it make sense for us to trade the pick and rebuild, but that doesn't make sense to those teams?

Yes it makes brilliant sense for the Colts to trade the pick, agreed!

The question is whether we are REBUILDING or RETOOLING. Rebuilding makes Manning redundant, and retooling makes Luck redundant.

I, personally, want us to draft Luck; but our QB situation will be overkill for the next few years.

Im just glad our future QB didnt get hurt last night. He looked pretty good too. Welcome to Indy Mr. Luck.

Btw to the guy who said Peyton is playing six more years, I want what you are smoking. Manning is not Favre and I would not really want the Favre the last three years. Manning has too much integrity to just come back to pad stats and collect a paycheck. When he is not able to compete at the highest level, he will hang them up. He has imo 3 years left at best.

Ha! We're debating that already. Do you think it helps your case if he does? Kidding!

Yeah, I think I could work in an NFL front office, in all seriousness... I was thinking about applying to the Ravens and working my way up (Since I live in Baltimore)! My eye for talent and decisons I would describe as "quiet strong!" In my best Meet the Parents impersination!