Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts have "some interest" in bringing back Ahmad Bradshaw

ColtsLegacy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tipton isn't even on the main roster so he doesn't really factor into this.

Why not? As it stands right now he'd likely be the next man up should some one else go down. The quoted poster was concerned about our depth and if Tipton is on the practice squad he factors into that equation unless another move is made.

Why not? As it stands right now he'd likely be the next man up should some one else go down. The quoted poster was concerned about our depth and if Tipton is on the practice squad he factors into that equation unless another move is made.

If someone else goes down the Colts will have a decision to make as to who they want to add to the main roster. They might very well add Bradshaw then (especially if Gore were to go down) and keep Tipton on the PS.  Tipton can go on the PS right now, Bradshaw can't so as things stand right now Tipton doesn't really factor into if the Colts want to add Bradshaw or not.  If they do that says more about Varga and Robinson. 

If someone else goes down the Colts will have a decision to make as to who they want to add to the main roster. They might very well add Bradshaw then (especially if Gore were to go down) and keep Tipton on the PS.  Tipton can go on the PS right now, Bradshaw can't so as things stand right now Tipton doesn't really factor into if the Colts want to add Bradshaw or not.  If they do that says more about Varga and Robinson.

Ok...I got ya now.

What's the point in carrying 4 running backs if all we are going to do is pass the football and pay lip service to running?

I'm okay with signing Bradshaw now that Ballard is gone, but will this team ever run with any consistency? We need to 

get back to that ball hogging, time of possession sucking team that we were before we got smacked in the mouth by 

Pittsburgh last year. 

I'm trying to remember, but what was the nature of his most recent injury last year?

A giant man fell on his awkwardly positioned leg and it snapped. It wasn't anything that wouldn't have happened to anyone else. It definitely shouldn't fall under the category of "injury prone" like his neck, knee, and foot.

How about we see what the Gore and the Rooks can do in a game where we run it more than 16 times before we add another RB to the mix.

I really liked Bradshaw last year but he just can't stay healthy.  Maybe mid season if the Rookies aren't playing well or Gore looks like he is wearing down then look to sign him but I really want to see what Robinson and Varga can do first.

Just my opinion.  Bradshaw was great when healthy and if he had stayed healthy I think our season would have ended up completely different last year!

How about we see what the Gore and the Rooks can do in a game where we run it more than 16 times before we add another RB to the mix.

I really liked Bradshaw last year but he just can't stay healthy.  Maybe mid season if the Rookies aren't playing well or Gore looks like he is wearing down then look to sign him but I really want to see what Robinson and Varga can do first.

Just my opinion.  Bradshaw was great when healthy and if he had stayed healthy I think our season would have ended up completely different last year!

Not saying you're wrong in your statement, but mid season may be too late by then.  He could've either signed with somebody else, injured himself while training to stay in shape (Mathis), or even though he's been working out those workouts still don't translate into staying into game condition and it could be another cpl weeks after bringing him in that he's up to snuff.

IMO, you either bring him in now or you don't bring him in at all (barring the injury bug running through our RB corps)

I actually like what I saw out of Varga in that Buffalo game.  Both special teams and as a running back.

I like he and robinson as Gores backups.  Overall I think we are fine in this area, but if they feel they need

to carry 4 running backs I see no problem with them bringing back Bradshaw.  He's better than any other

backup running back they would consider bringing in and he knows the offense.

bottom line is this, Gore just had some cramping, probably from dehyrdation, so lets turn him loose this week and see what happens.  He didn't come here to sit on the bench

but the possibility of having the 1-2 punch of Gore and Bradshaw has to be a little bit exciting. I agree that Gore needs to be utilized, but if Bradshaw can relieve him for 15 carries a game then good... Of course, it's just all speculation at the moment

I actually like what I saw out of Varga in that Buffalo game.  Both special teams and as a running back.

I like he and robinson as Gores backups.  Overall I think we are fine in this area, but if they feel they need

to carry 4 running backs I see no problem with them bringing back Bradshaw.  He's better than any other

backup running back they would consider bringing in and he knows the offense.

Varga is our Welker/Edelman. I hope we start using him more.

I was hating on him at first but now that I've paid more attention to the guy he's not a bad player.  Guy is like a bowling ball, people bounce off the guy all the time when they try to tackle him.  Very good running back to have in short down and distance, but that's not all he's limited to.  Could be a really good chain moving back in this power system with his ability to break tackles and he's got good balance.

but the possibility of having the 1-2 punch of Gore and Bradshaw has to be a little bit exciting. I agree that Gore needs to be utilized, but if Bradshaw can relieve him for 15 carries a game then good... Of course, it's just all speculation at the moment

I'd rather give Varga and Robinson a shot.  Our RBs aren't the problem, our OLine isn't the problem, its the coaches/Luck's fault for abandoning the run so much.  Luck needs to trust Gore and just give him the ball

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/9/15/9334497/report-colts-have-some-interest-in-bringing-back-running-back-ahmad-bradshaw

https://www.twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/643911859607891968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

We can call our backfield "The Over-the-Hill Gang".

I'd be more than happy to see Bradshaw back here. A combo of Bradshaw and Gore would be deadly.

Does that mean Gore would get five carries and Bradshaw would get 3?

I'd rather give Varga and Robinson a shot.  Our RBs aren't the problem, our OLine isn't the problem, its the coaches/Luck's fault for abandoning the run so much.  Luck needs to trust Gore and just give him the ball

There's no doubt Luck needs to give Gore the ball more.

I mentioned this back before Pagano said he was putting Gore on a pitch count (which I'm also not on board with since Gore gets better as the game goes on) 

But bring in Bradshaw for sure. He was crazy good at catching passes out of the backfield.

^Which we need A LOT more of check downs to RBs ^ 

We could have AP, Murray And Lacy and unless the coaches\Luck call more running plays, their presence wouldn't matter .......

While I appreciate the translation jabbanobadda, just because you can obtain a new lineman you don't necessarily wanna introduce a new piece on the line during the regular season & mess up that fluid chemistry. Gelling just doesn't occur overnight not with a center pulling on certain calls or say understanding a QB's cadence at the line of scrimmage to draw the defense offsides. Plus, Bradshaw knows what we like to do in INDY so it makes a perfect fit on a been there done that front. 

I like Bradshaw and would love to have him back.

Sign him to a vet minimum, and I would be ecstatic!  Especially if he lasted til after the Broncos game.  If helps us win against the Pats and Denver, then gets injured, I'm sure he would fulfill my expectations.  I think it would be a great fit!  He already knows the playbook and could literally jump in on Sunday if necessary.  However, I would literally save him for big games only. 

I mentioned this back before Pagano said he was putting Gore on a pitch count (which I'm also not on board with since Gore gets better as the game goes on) 

But bring in Bradshaw for sure. He was crazy good at catching passes out of the backfield.

^Which we need A LOT more of check downs to RBs ^ 

Have you noticed how awkward Andrew is at disguising and throwing screen passes?

He needs to work on his short game (screens & draws) more than his deep outs.

I wouldn't classify Varga in the same sentence as Edelman just yet bababooey, but maybe he could become INDY's death by a thousand paper cuts guy. I get what your driving at, but he's got a long way to go before he reaches that plateau IMO. It's worth exploring & kicking the tires on for sure. Plus, Julian had Wes Welker for years as a mentor. A huge difference. 

I personally don't see the hurry to bring Bradshaw back.  If they get an injury or two and he is still out there, fine - he would be a good pick up.  But right now I think they like who they have at RB and I don't think they carry a 4th RB right now.  On top of that I would not risk trying to sneak Robinson & Varga onto the PS in order to bring him back.

Good lord no. He was a decent back with injury problems on the wrong side of the age scale. We have a very good backfield with Gore, Robinson, and Varga. With Gore being 31? We need to let the young guys learn and both of them are capable of becoming important pieces in our SB runs.

last thing we need if gore goes down is another rookie starting and blocking for luck

I've been calling for Bradshaw all summer and all preseason.  Get him!  All upside, no downside.  He can catch, block, knows our system and was productive every game he played.  And sure, he may get injured again, but who cares? We can keep bringing along the new guys on special teams and practice and have two excellent veterans at the top so if either get hurt, we still have veteran leadership.  Just do it please Colts. 

What's the point in carrying 4 running backs if all we are going to do is pass the football and pay lip service to running?

I'm okay with signing Bradshaw now that Ballard is gone, but will this team ever run with any consistency? We need to 

get back to that ball hogging, time of possession sucking team that we were before we got smacked in the mouth by 

Pittsburgh last year. 

A very good question krunk. I pray that we don't abandon the run when we are down on the score board as the season progresses because I don't want INDY to become 1 dimensional. A calamity when the playoffs roll around. I agree 100% You've gotta keep running even if your in a deep hole to force safeties to come up & tackle & open up the play action pass etc. etc. 

I don't see any bad in bringing him in.  With Ballard gone,  we could easily rotate the 4 running backs we have.  We have one of the best young quarterbacks in the game with a great receiving core, we don't need a work horse 1000 yard back, if we can have three to four runners who can get 4 yards a carry, then we are in business. 

Our offense doesn't need  Adrian Peterson to be successful, we just need a back to not lose yards when given the ball. 

We were?  I don't ever recall that.  What was our time of possession ranking last year?

At  that time of the year we were one of the tops in the league in terms of Time Of Possession and for some reason we just decided we would pass, pass, pass, pass every game.  I think things went down hill with the loss of Bradshaw and the lack of confidence in Richardson.

I don't see any bad in bringing him in.  With Ballard gone,  we could easily rotate the 4 running backs we have.  We have one of the best young quarterbacks in the game with a great receiving core, we don't need a work horse 1000 yard back, if we can have three to four runners who can get 4 yards a carry, then we are in business. 

Our offense doesn't need  Adrian Peterson to be successful, we just need a back to not lose yards when given the ball. 

The odds of having 4 RB's active on game day are not good.

He's aalready served his one game suspension.He can sign and play Monday.

This may be a dumb question but if he's a FA but suspended that means his suspension is already over despite not being signed to a team? I figured he would just miss his first game with whoever signs him.