Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The "Colts play in the AFC South" excuse [Merge]

IcyRhythms

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told y'all over and over, this team was going to struggle with the NFC South. All the flack the NFC South gets, it's at least a lot more competitive than the AFC South ever has been, and the teams can show up and make it tough.

"No, you're insane"

"No, the NFC South is worse than the AFC South"

You still have to play; a tough Carolina team, a mediocre Atlanta team with a good record, and a bad Tampa Bay team who's defense shows up every other game.

You heard it from me; Carolina's defense is going to give the Colts issues. Do not judge that team by their record last year. Their defense has gotten better the last few years thanks to Ron Rivera, and they give teams a lot of problems that can't run the ball, and have to focus on passing (which the Colts did today)

I've watched Carolina for several years now, and in the past few years they have really improved and made themselves competitive with the Saints, as well as the Falcons. On a good day, they can beat the living hell out of a team that relies heavily on the pass.

I hope the Colts win, but Carolina isn't going to be easy.

Lol that figures. This board is in denial around 80% of the time. You tell me that at beginning of the year and I would've completely agreed with you just like now lol.

This team has gotten away with a bunch of good luck past 2 years.

For a team that many in the national media had predicted would be in the SB (including Vegas odds) the Colts still sit ONE game above the 2-5 Texans and Jags for 1st place in the  woeful AFC south! Now with the undefeated Panthers and Broncos looming along with the Falcons; toss in the Steelers in which big Ben should be back the season could get ugly REAL quick!! Don't worry though the Colts should win 3 more against the south giving them at least a 6-10 record entering the playoffs at 6-10....

we'll win at Miami and Atlanta

we're fine......we're still on line to be 6-0 in the division..

but we need one of the next two....

Clearly we have to outscore people..we need 30-35 a game

I don't agree with that at all. Our defense has been scored on in direct fault to our offense. Erase the turnovers and short field and this defense can win with the offense scoring around 20.

we're fine......we're still on line to be 6-0 in the division..

but we need one of the next two....

Clearly we have to outscore people..we need 30-35 a game

no we are not fine? how can you be happy with just getting wins against 3 of the worst teams in the league what games are you watching?

Worst team ever to win a Division was the 2010 Seahawks at 7-9, oddly enough they won a Playoff game. Last season the Panthers won their Division at 7-8-1 and won a Playoff game. I think 7-9 will probably will win our Division. As bad as our season has been I almost see no way we don't win our Division. We are still better than the Texans, Jags, and Titans. We still have the Bucs on our schedule too here at LOS. So we have 4 bad teams basically left on our schedule and 3 of them are here. If we start playing good we are capable of winning a game or 2 that people don't think we will win as of now too.

Winning the division this year is not a certainty. We only beat the Jags because of their kicker. Hasselbeck has a better record than Luck. See how many points the Jags put up today against a defense that killed us?

This whole Matt thing is starting to drive me nuts! He barely beat two BAD teams and one of those SHOULD'VE been a loss if not for the putrid kicker of the Jags!!! Luck's career record against the division is like 14-2 so Matt at 40 did what he was supposed to do against two TERRIBLE teams. 

im not sure whether or not to be happy that its very possible we host a playoff game with a losing record

I would be pumped but not expecting much. There is still a lot of season left to improve their suckyness. Jacksonville seems to be the team the Colts may need to worry about. They do play @ Jets next game after a bye so that will be a very difficult game for Jacksonville. Next week Titans go to Houston in a divisional showdown and the the Colts will probably lose against Carolina but still remain atop the division. Titans and Tenn have a difficult schedule as do the Colts down the stretch.

This whole Matt thing is starting to drive me nuts! He barely beat two BAD teams and one of those SHOULD'VE been a loss if not for the putrid kicker of the Jags!!! Luck's career record against the division is like 14-2 so Matt at 40 did what he was supposed to do against two TERRIBLE teams. 

He barely beat them but he did beat them, and looked a lot better doing so.  

For a team that many in the national media had predicted would be in the SB (including Vegas odds) the Colts still sit ONE game above the 2-5 Texans and Jags for 1st place in the  woeful AFC south! Now with the undefeated Panthers and Broncos looming along with the Falcons; toss in the Steelers in which big Ben should be back the season could get ugly REAL quick!! Don't worry though the Colts should win 3 more against the south giving them at least a 6-10 record entering the playoffs at 6-10....

Merged your thread

He barely beat them but he did beat them, and looked a lot better doing so.  

So did Matt benefit from the watered down playcalling to keep his 40yr old body upright? A win is a win and the Colts will not give them back nor should they. You said Matt looked a LOT better in getting the two wins. Hmm.. Well Matt led the offense to 16pts (including ot) against a bad Jag team that had given up 51pts the week before and Matt then beat another bad team in the Texans that had surrendered 48pts in the game prior. Now how would Matt look against better competition I don't know and will not speculate but I just disagree with your opinion. Luck as well as MANY other league qbs has FEASTED on the subpar division by racking up wins while piling up huge stats.

I don't agree with that at all. Our defense has been scored on in direct fault to our offense. Erase the turnovers and short field and this defense can win with the offense scoring around 20.

See Seattle, Carolina, Denver, with regards to teams with great defenses that can turn the ball over and win. The Colts defense is pure garbage, just as the offense and the coaching staff.

See Seattle, Carolina, Denver, with regards to teams with great defenses that can turn the ball over and win. The Colts defense is pure garbage, just as the offense and the coaching staff.

OK first breathe.

Now realize duh our defense isn't that because we haven't committed much of our drafts there. But, with the offensive talent we have this defense is more than enough. Everyone wants a perfect team with an elite defense and elite offense and that just doesn't exist.

Right now our biggest problem is we are getting no return on all of the pieces we have invested in on offense mainly because all of those said pieces need the QB to play at the minimum of average and he isn't right now. It would be Indy's luck though this is probably the best defense they've fielded in a decade and the other side of the ball is inept.

OK first breathe.

Now realize duh our defense isn't that because we haven't committed much of our drafts there. But, with the offensive talent we have this defense is more than enough. Everyone wants a perfect team with an elite defense and elite offense and that just doesn't exist.

Right now our biggest problem is we are getting no return on all of the pieces we have invested in on offense mainly because all of those said pieces need the QB to play at the minimum of average and he isn't right now. It would be Indy's luck though this is probably the best defense they've fielded in a decade and the other side of the ball is inept.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.  There is still lots of season left for them to get worse, or better for that matter.  Now I'm worried that they will start to have the inability to stop the run.  That being said, I feel more confident in the defenses ability to get a stop versus the offenses ability to get points. 

• 4 weeks later...