Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll time: Fire a Coach Edition

The Peytonator

Who should get the axe first?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming you're only allowed to pick one, which member of management would you like to see fired and why?

• Grigson
    • Pagano
    • Hamilton
    • Manusky

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry on this one but Grigson is the spoon that stirs the pot. I really think he is the guy making the decisions and Pagano is a token figure.. Irsay also deserves some of the blame in that he has to oversee everything. The sad thing is thou that it seems every championship team never wins the championship with the coach who started the team on the path in the beginning. Parcells was there before Belicheck, . the only exceptions lately are the Giants and Coughlan and Seattle. It's going to take a well known coach to get us over the hump. Enter Harbaugh

We should not fire anyone.

Keeping this group together is better odds than starting over. Just look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, because that is the blueprint to success in an NFL organization. 

The Colts will be much better off next season if we retain all personnel. 

Yes, yesterday's game was a disaster, a train wreck. But seriously fire anyone after 1 game?

It should have been done earlier, during the off-season, or should be done next offseason. Firing a coach right after the first game would cause more distraction to the team IMO. Whatever the outcome of the season would be we have to take it.

Besides, lets go a few...lets say 4-5 games into the season and judge the team and coaching staff only after. 

with this group of talent on offense if peps game plan is throw deep and the other team is teeing off on the qb and he cant adjust his play calling fire him and save the season

Honestly, I'm on the fence right now. I think I'd have to go with Pep, although Grigson isn't far behind and Pagano is right on his heels. Considering we're supposed to be the 'Greatest 'Shoe on Turf', I would have thought we'd get some points before the tail end of the 3rd quarter. 

Hopefully Peyton retires after this year so we can bring him back home as our offensive coordinator.

THIS!  I don't care who played bad, who did what to stall drives, what bad mistakes were made (penalties/interceptions)!  THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE... I don't give a lick if it's going against the greatest defense EVER.  The Bills have a great defense, but that is inexcusable.  Im not gonna point fingers, nor do I "know it all"  however, with all these weapons, and neglecting LB issues (which is worse than the OL problem), we should score early and often!  Sick of watching the Colts be lazy early on, and play catchup because "they're a second half team". 

I said I was going to be critical if the Colts continued with their method of offense wins games AND CHAMPIONSHIPS!  I know a little about football, not nearly as much as a GM, HC, or Coordinator, but one thing is for sure, I said this during the Manning era and now history is repeating itself once again.  That formula doesn't work.  We need balance, not to have the best WR's and RB's (skill positions) that we can get, but neglect other areas, and think aging (over the hill veterans) are going to cut it, because they were once superstars.  This is not necessarily a shot at any of the new people we've picked up, but I'm mainly concerned of the patch jobs or the temporary fixes on the OL and LB corp. 

I am amazed at the amount of votes for Pagano!  I don't get that.

Grigson ignored the two glaring holes of this club over the off-season (OL/DL) and wasted a key first round pick for a 4th string WR.  And now it looks like Pagano is going to pull a Parcells and leave because he wasn't able to help shop for the groceries (he clearly wanted defensive help). 

Grigson is the A#1 problem here, bringing in another coach would just be a bandaid fix.

I'm firing Grigson. Not one could 1st round pick since Luck. Luck is saving this whole franchise, but he's starting to wear down himself and it's showing. Can't build a team with ferraris and porsche's, gotta start from inside out. Our foundation in the front 7 is just pathetic. 

This is just absolutely ridiculous. This isn't the  Manning Colts anymore.  Grigson has brought in tons of talent on both lines of the ball.  If you are going to fire him at least understand a decent reason to get rid of him lol.  I don't agree with everything he has done but I think he has been more than serviceable.  The coaching on the other hand...

This is just absolutely ridiculous. This isn't the  Manning Colts anymore.  Grigson has brought in tons of talent on both lines of the ball.  If you are going to fire him at least understand a decent reason to get rid of him lol.  I don't agree with everything he has done but I think he has been more than serviceable.  The coaching on the other hand...

He did give you a decent reason.  Grigson has ignored both lines, and wasted draft picks on areas that were already strengths or which could be bolstered via FA (and in one case the WR not only a first pick but a FA as well, man what a waste). 

He did give you a decent reason.  Grigson has ignored both lines, and wasted draft picks on areas that were already strengths or which could be bolstered via FA (and in one case the WR not only a first pick but a FA as well, man what a waste). 

I'm far from the biggest fan of Grigson at the moment, but saying that he ignored the OL and DL is simply false.

Obviously nobody will be fired this early into the season but Pep needs to go. His lack of commitment to the running game is flat out ridiculous. I've never seen an OC give up on running the ball after the first drive even though we were having success doing it. Who the hell does that? And he talks up about needing a power run game but strangely enough he never seems to want to run the ball.

I'm far from the biggest fan of Grigson at the moment, but saying that he ignored the OL and DL is simply false.

Ok how about he gave deference to?  He clearly felt other needs were greater, even though it was obvious to just about everyone else that his primary focus should be on the run D.

Firing anyone right now is just dumb.  While there is a chance that the Colts can turn this around (they did start 0-2 last year and ended up in the AFCCG) if you fire someone now you are pretty much flushing the season down the drain. 

I voted None of the above.  Andrew had a bad game throwing the football.....awful.....

I voted None of the above.  Andrew had a bad game throwing the football.....awful.....

He looked pretty bad. But all things considered, 2 TDs and 243 yards on the road, versus that Buffalo defense might be about as good as we can hope for. I would've liked to have seen a couple of rushing TDs from our RB corps yesterday to add to Luck's passing TDs, but they abandoned that way early.

I am obviously in the minority here or just too stupid to see the need for this proposal. 

1.  We have only lost 1 game,  not the season.  Didn't start out great last year either.

2  I didn't see any of the Coaches, Gm, or Owners out on the field yesterday missing blocks,  missing catches,  overthrowing passes,  missing tackles,  fumbling the ball.    Seems to me this loss and problems are on the players.   they are all better than this and surely had an off day. ; Hopefully a wake up call to them to get their s___ together.

He looked pretty bad. But all things considered, 2 TDs and 243 yards on the road, versus that Buffalo defense might be about as good as we can hope for. I would've liked to have seen a couple of rushing TDs from our RB corps yesterday to add to Luck's passing TDs, but they abandoned that way early.

We were really moving until most of the entire OL got penalties.  I don't think Herremans was called for any, but he and Mewhort got their 'butts' handed to them.

What has Grigs done??? Luck was automatic.. TY was a find but outside of those two what has he done???

He also traded for Vontae Davis who might be better than Revis at this point.

Fleener and Allen are both good TEs who are underutilized. Ballard was a steal before injury problems. Plus this current draft class looks promising.

I'm not saying he's been amazing but he's also managed the cap really well. It's just if you fire him, who do you get that's better?

He also traded for Vontae Davis who might be better than Revis at this point.

OK 3 hits out of how many misses?? some of the people he drafted is no longer even on the team anymore and from what i hear he isnt getting the players that plays pagono style...  As far as the offense goes i think that has more to do with play calling than talent.

I voted Grigson. In four years, Grigson's defense is still a disaster. Grigson wasting first round draft picks two years in a row is catching up to us. He also has this weird strategy of signing bad (DHB) or old and washed up (Nicks and AJ) WR's

I dont think AJ is washed up... he did just have almost 1000 yards receiving last year

OK 3 hits out of how many misses?? some of the people he drafted is no longer even on the team anymore and from what i hear he isnt getting the players that plays pagono style... As far as the offense goes i think that has more to do with play calling than talent.

I went back and edited my post. Allen, Fleener, and Ballard.

You're right. The Peyton Manning colts opponents feared our pass rush with Dwight Freeney and Mathis. Who do we have in Year 4 of the Grigson era on defense that put's fear into the offensive opponents game plan. I'll wait while you research. smh. If Grigson brought in so much talent on both sides of the ball? WHY in the heck are we still facing the same problems.... It's a FACT. Grigson drafts Luck, TY, Allen, and Fleener first year. One hell of a draft. 

Next year we give up a first round for a bust in Werner, and trade our 1st pick for another bust in Richardson. We get a chance to grab the DT from Texas or maybe Collins the safety from bama and we wiff on that. smh. What do we do instead... Solidify the strongest position on our team WR with Dorsett who would've got picked up in the 2nd. Those types of decisions kills the building up of a team. But go on and blame Pagano for the decisions the GM has made.

Let's dial back the Peyton for OC talk. That's not going to happen.

I'm not happy with any of them right now, but I'm especially bent about the offensive gameplan. No plays to counter the expected blitz, and too much emphasis on T.Y. in the first half. Offense did not help the defense. Killer holding penalties.

Thank you.  We zeroed in on TY in the first half Andre was open several times and nothng.  With all the weapons we cant do that.  As soon as we started to distribute the ball we at least started to move the ball.  I also thought we should have run it a bit more, I dont believe we are or should be a run focused team but we were able to run it better than usual and we didnt bother.

We will get it right. 

GO COLTS

Yea I thought about Allen and Fleener after i posted... but Ballard is still an unknown as of right now. Would like to see more from Fleener this year though.

Fleener and Allen are just underutilized in this offense. Not enough effort to feed them the ball but they are both top 10 TEs when used, and I would say they're the best TE duo since Gronk and Hernandez.

So when you add it all up you've got

-Fleener

-Allen

-Davis

-Hilton

4 very good players. And we might be able to add Anderson and Mewhort to that list soon. Don't get me wrong he's had some notable misses but he brought over the best CB in the game, a top 10 receiver, and two top TEs. You could do better, but you could certainly do a lot worse than what Grigson has done.

You're right. The Peyton Manning colts opponents feared our pass rush with Dwight Freeney and Mathis. Who do we have in Year 4 of the Grigson era on defense that put's fear into the offensive opponents game plan. I'll wait while you research. smh. If Grigson brought in so much talent on both sides of the ball? WHY in the heck are we still facing the same problems.... It's a FACT. Grigson drafts Luck, TY, Allen, and Fleener first year. One hell of a draft.

Next year we give up a first round for a bust in Werner, and trade our 1st pick for another bust in Richardson. We get a chance to grab the DT from Texas or maybe Collins the safety from bama and we wiff on that. smh. What do we do instead... Solidify the strongest position on our team WR with Dorsett who would've got picked up in the 2nd. Those types of decisions kills the building up of a team. But go on and blame Pagano for the decisions the GM has made.

What lol? As I said I don't agree with a lot of what he has done (your draft pick examples) but he's brought tons of talent on both lines... Cherilus, Jones, langford, 5 or six draft picks and it's shows as for the past 2 years we stop the run at the line now. The issue has been ILB which imo grigson has a solution but they are for some reason the backups. So yes I blame coaching...

Even with all of Grigson misses he still brings in FA that balance out those decisions. No GM hits 100 nor even 90 percent, so how about you do research and tell me who's done better in the same time period. First round picks aren't everything (even though I think grigson needs to get his crap together in that department as he's been flat awful)

But my point remains the coaching would greatly mask these mosses if players were used correctly and not given so much leeway. And if they'd actually looked prepared all 16 games and not have 4 or 5 goose eggs every year.

We should not fire anyone.

Keeping this group together is better odds than starting over. Just look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, because that is the blueprint to success in an NFL organization. 

The Colts will be much better off next season if we retain all personnel.

Keeping guys just because the Steelers have kept guys isn't much of a plan.