Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano-Grigson Rift/Pagano to be coaching elsewhere next year [Mega-merge]

TKnight24

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/9/27/9404869/report-chuck-pagano-doesnt-have-autonomy-to-make-changes-to-coaching-staff-colts

Just saw this and didn't see a thread about it, also not really game day related so weee

Jason LaConfera of CBS reporting that no coaching changes will be made because Grigson decides what assistants Chuck is allowed to have. We've speculated this for awhile, but by the sounds of it, it's official now. Pep Hamilton is Grigson's pet and Pagano's noose.

My biggest fear...

As long as grigson is here we are in for long seasons

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has to get Pep out of here. Is he married? Maybe his Wife can give him a ultimatum. Her or Football. Make him quit coaching

Teams make it obvious they're blitzing and he doesn't make adjustments. Bulls & Jets laid the blueprint out for the NFL. Blitz, Colts offense goes brain dead

We're running 8+ yard routes against 6-8 man blitzes.

Who does that?

He's clueless!!! I don't get how our management can continuously allow this crap show either. Im assuming they figure it'll all just figure itself out somehow and we'll be fine.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/9/27/9404869/report-chuck-pagano-doesnt-have-autonomy-to-make-changes-to-coaching-staff-colts

Just saw this and didn't see a thread about it, also not really game day related so weee

Jason LaConfera of CBS reporting that no coaching changes will be made because Grigson decides what assistants Chuck is allowed to have. We've speculated this for awhile, but by the sounds of it, it's official now. Pep Hamilton is Grigson's pet and Pagano's noose.

If this is true, then that is just a horrible management style.

A GM should have no control over who plays in games and who does not . A head coach should have control over his team this is a major problem with Colts right now . With Grigs we have no shot at landing any good D or O coordinators knowing Grigs will have his hand in every player decision .

I would love to see Pagano do his thing take over the team do what he wants and have a chance to turn things around .

Grigson should be receiving even more blame for the Colts struggles assuming this is true. Pep's play calling has been on the biggest issues.

Plus, I just find it ridiculous to not allow your head coach control over his own freaking staff.

Pags must know next to nothing about offense if the GM won't let him have control over his own staff.  Maybe that's also why Chud was hired as Assistant to the Head Coach or whatever it is he does.  Looks like Griggs is relegating Pags's control strictlyy to the defensive side of the ball. 

That said...I still don't condone Griggs limiting Pagano's control over his staff.  Doesn't sound like a healthy environment for any head coach to thrive.

Someone has to get Pep out of here. Is he married? Maybe his Wife can give him a ultimatum. Her or Football. Make him quit coaching

Teams make it obvious they're blitzing and he doesn't make adjustments. Bulls & Jets laid the blueprint out for the NFL. Blitz, Colts offense goes brain dead

We're running 8+ yard routes against 6-8 man blitzes.

Who does that?

pep

In my opinion, this is not how any NFL team should be ran.

A head coach should hire his own coaching personnel. 

If that scope is altered in any way then the head coach will lose his ability to manage his own staff. 

If that report is true then we are in big trouble, because the system was setup to fail from the start. 

I am not one to say fire everyone. It is not my style. I believe in keeping the same head coach for years and years. If Grigson really needs this much power; If he is that power hungry, then he has to go. Like I said, if this report is true then Grigson is the problem. 

IF THE REPORT IS TRUE: Keep Pagano, give him the authority to make coaching changes as needed, and fire Grigson.

Really no hurry to fire anyone. It's week 3.

Actually, if that report is true then we are screwed. 

No NFL head coach should ever have to abide by that policy.

It would be like me giving you a job and telling you that I will hire everyone who works for you, and I will manage them for you.

You would be in an impossible situation.

If this report is true then Grigs has got to go and he needs to go right away. I cannot believe that Irsay would ever agree to a deal like this. especially with a first time GM.

I am usually Mr. Broghtside, but this is a total freaking mess man.

As I am sick of it also!! So what is the truth? There is obviously something going on behind the scenes, but I think everybody is speculating way too much.

Not just speculating, but also reaching dogmatic conclusions based on said speculation. How many posters have said 'I don't know if this is true, but if it is...' in this thread?

Not just speculating, but also reaching dogmatic conclusions based on said speculation. How many posters have said 'I don't know if this is true, but if it is...' in this thread?

It's all conjecture, but the posts you invoke here are not incorrect.  Nothing wrong with formulating an opinion on a hypothetical situation, and adding a caveat to it......

Why is that not logical to you?

If the report is true then Grigson has to go. No coach can succeed under those circumstances.

If it is not true then we have a different output.

Pretty easy, and you're a smart person. Why are you having issues understanding?

I think this is pretty obvious. I would think that Pagano would want Chud as his OC and let him call the offensive plays while he calls the defense.

I'm not sure why Irsay would give Grigson that type of power. But Grigs has always struck me as a very stubborn, "stick to his guns" type of guy that always believes his process is best.

Pagano not accepting the extension they offered him might be more about him not wanting to coach here because of Grigson. I wonder if Pagano walks away after the season. Maybe it'll be a situation where he and the Colts "mutually agree to part ways", like with Harbaugh last season.