Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Chudzinski

Black-Vell

He is the associate head coach. Pagano's second hand man who helps with offense, defense, and ST. 

If Pagano is canned, he would replace him as the head coach.

Not sure why you believe that. You fire Pagano and then replace him with his hand picked right hand man? Doesn't make much sense.

Not sure why you believe that. You fire Pagano and then replace him with his hand picked right hand man? Doesn't make much sense.

I guess it depends on WHEN Pagano gets canned.

If it's the off-season,  then you'd be right.

But if it's during the season,  then,  odds are,  Chud would be the guy to take over.

I sure hope he doesn't replace Pagano. Irsay needs to clean house and start all over. Pagano is a good guy and might be a good DC, but he is not our coach for the future. I'm not saying this just because we lost our first game. I didn't like the hire from the beginning. I've been a colts fan now for 25 years and I'm tired of being good its time to be great.

Chud is supposed to look after the offense while Chuck looks after the defense and Pep does the playcalling.

It seems like they are a package deal working together and sharing in the team's problems and lack of progress.

It doesn't make sense to keep Chud while we get rid of Chuck and Pep.

Irsay/Grigson could name Chud as THE head coach and demote/fire Chuck to shake up the team...but we would still have Pep as the OC.  We would need a new OC and Clyde is probably not it...Clyde needs to be shown the exit door too.

I have been pro Pagano for a long time now but the pattern just hasn't changed we still seem lost at the beginning of a lot of games. The coaching staff's faith in under performing players is starting to fray my nerves also but i still think a full season should be given if we don't get to the big show then ya time to go.
Who is out there that would come in and do the job though?

I have been pro Pagano for a long time now but the pattern just hasn't changed we still seem lost at the beginning of a lot of games. The coaching staff's faith in under performing players is starting to fray my nerves also but i still think a full season should be given if we don't get to the big show then ya time to go.

Who is out there that would come in and do the job though?

Ok somthing I have noticed for awhile, Colts come out with a game plan that works, but once multiple penaltys occur, or stall out, they devate the plan! Not sure who this is on

If Pagano gets canned...

I think they need to move in a totally new direction.

I meant he replaces Pagano as the interim HC. 

Pagano isn't going anywhere during the season unless the team implodes.  I'll wager that any new contract offered by Irsay/Grigson will test Pags' loyalties to his subordinates, including Chud.

But idk, Pep and Chud may not have been Pags' choices anyway so it might not be a tough test for him to pass.

I have the impression that Chud was brought on to help "train" Pep in the ways of the NFL, and to be an insurance policy in case Pep got a HC job somewhere, not necessarily to compete with Pep or to take over for Pags. 

If Pagano gets canned...

I think they need to move in a totally new direction.

I agree I think the coaching staff as a whole needs a change if this continues again this year. I would be good with bringing in a defensive mastermind as HC and a proven OC to work with Luck. Some options include Nick Saban, Mark Dantonio, Gary Patterson.

• 2 weeks later...

Arians' system is all deep outs, long developing plays. Do you remember how much Luck was hit in 2012? He would be dead by now behind this line. I do love his aggressiveness, but his offensive package would not work with this offensive line. Note above post about how many QBs he has had injured

And if he got Andrew Luck hurt the way he always got Ben Roethlisberger hurt and he's gotten Carson Palmer hurt both years in Arizona and he's gotten the back-up hurt as well....

If he did all that,  I doubt you'd be missing Bruce Arians all that much....

I'll take a coach that wins big games while getting the QB killed over a coach that is getting his QB killed while his offense is an embarrassment

I'll take a coach that wins big games while getting the QB killed over a coach that is getting his QB killed while his offense is an embarrassment

Pittsburgh let him go for a reason.   Roethlisberger was getting beaten up year after year making it all the more difficult to get to the post season.

Arizona is winning regular season games,  and sometimes gets to the playoffs and sometimes not.   And Palmer has gotten hurt both years.

Arians is a terrific head coach.    He's not a great long term head coach when he's also the OC.

Pittsburgh let him go for a reason.   Roethlisberger was getting beaten up year after year making it all the more difficult to get to the post season.

Arizona is winning regular season games,  and sometimes gets to the playoffs and sometimes not.   And Palmer has gotten hurt both years.

Arians is a terrific head coach.    He's not a great long term head coach when he's also the OC.

Luck has been the most hit QB in the league under Pep we are just lucky Luck is built like a line backer . If Zona was in our division they would have been a 1 or 2 seed . 

I don't see a lot of coaches hiring an 'associate head coach' for no reason. I'm not entirely sure if it was Pagano that hired him. Of course I'm not entirely sure what his role really is and what he actually does on game day either.

Bruce Arians hasn't won anything since he went to Arizona, not even the division, and certainly not any "big games." Pagano's track record as HC right now is far better than Arians.

They're basically running Arians' system right now, so you should be happy. Long, lame, slow-developing downfield plays that get the QB massacred multiple times per game. This current playcalling is about as Arian-esque as you could ask for.

they aren't running it it's similar but if it was Arians we'd actually be scoring and converting on 3rd down..Arians isn't an * when it comes to people blitzing

I don't see a lot of coaches hiring an 'associate head coach' for no reason. I'm not entirely sure if it was Pagano that hired him. Of course I'm not entirely sure what his role really is and what he actually does on game day either.

Pagano definitely hired him. They have a coaching history from what I remember while Pagano has never worked with Pep before this job.

Bruce Arians hasn't won anything since he went to Arizona, not even the division, and certainly not any "big games." Pagano's track record as HC right now is far better than Arians.

whos division has better defenses ? If cardinals were in our division and we weren't they'd win it too

I sure hope he doesn't replace Pagano. Irsay needs to clean house and start all over. Pagano is a good guy and might be a good DC, but he is not our coach for the future. I'm not saying this just because we lost our first game. I didn't like the hire from the beginning. I've been a colts fan now for 25 years and I'm tired of being good its time to be great.

Even meaner would be better at this point...just too soft