Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Tells The Irsay's The Following...

Luck should tell whoever is running the Colts organization that if you do not get offensive line players in who can block, I am not signing  a new contract.  Put the pressure back on Irsay to finally do something about this.  I am sure there are NFL teams out there with a need at quarterback who have an offensive line willing to give Luck the team he needs to win.    

This is the Manning years ALL over again.  You have no running game, wide receivers not getting separation (HILTON), and no blocking by the offensive line.  Last four years how many first round draft picks are actually impacting this team, besides Luck?  I got your answer, zero.  How many veteran players are the Colts going to take (especially on offense) that show their age?

Luck should tell whoever is running the Colts organization that if you do not get offensive line players in who can block, I am not signing  a new contract.  Put the pressure back on Irsay to finally do something about this.  I am sure there are NFL teams out there with a need at quarterback who have an offensive line willing to give Luck the team he needs to win.    

This is the Manning years ALL over again.  You have no running game, wide receivers not getting separation (HILTON), and no blocking by the offensive line.  Last four years how many first round draft picks are actually impacting this team, besides Luck?  I got your answer, zero.  How many veteran players are the Colts going to take (especially on offense) that show their age?

I agree

I've been saying this all along. If I were Luck I would have went to Grigs and Irsay a long time ago and been like. " Look here. I'm the franchise QB. I'm one of the best young QB's in the NFL and I'm going to take us to numerous super bowls. I want an O-Line to protect me and I want it now. And I wont sign a new contract until we address the problem. I' tired of being hit and hurried all the damn time. Its so stupid that you haven't addressed this issue already"

haha... Luck played like garbage today and it wasn't because of his OL. As I said in another thread, Luck still stares down his receivers and is late getting rid of the ball. On top of that the first 20 plays shouldn't have been so lopsided in terms of play calling

It all started when the Luck was being pressured time and again.  You have to stare down receivers who cannot out run the defensive backs.

It literally makes NO sense that we haven't fixed the O-Line. If you cant draft good lineman go out and buy some. Evan Mathis, one of the best guards in the NFL signed for 1 year, 5 million and we didn't even attempt to sign him. Like I said in another thread we could be offered Zach Martin for a 6th rounder AND Joel Bitonio for a 7th rounder and Grigson wouldn't do it. Nope we like what we have on the O-Line. Grigs just seems like he has no intention on fixing the line. Yeah if I were Andrew I would be an a** about it until we addressed it and addressed it right

If I counted right the first half was 28-7 pass plays to run plays not counting penalty plays, Colts were not down 17 to 0 until inside the final minute of the first half. What I really don't get is only 7 of Lucks 49 passes went to Fleener and Allen

hate to say it but I agree on this. we are now in the 4th year of pagano and we are seeing no difference, and constantly being outcoached/showing up unreepared is getting old as well

Completely agree...if there is not a drastic change in the trenches by playoff time, pagano needs to be gone next offseason.

Luck would never do that, even if he thought it (which I'll bet he doesn't!)

Luck is a team players, and builds up those around him, not degrade them.  No useful purpose.  Look what happened to Cutler when he publicly derided his O line...

Until they play together cohesively for a period of time, all lines look in disarray. Ours a touch more than most.

Luck would never do that, even if he thought it (which I'll bet he doesn't!)

Luck is a team players, and builds up those around him, not degrade them.  No useful purpose.  Look what happened to Cutler when he publicly derided his O line...

Until they play together cohesively for a period of time, all lines look in disarray. Ours a touch more than most.

Why wouldn't he think something that's so obvious? Being the cliché nice guy doesn't always get you places. I guarantee he smiles and says all the right things but is thinking something totally different. If he were a QB, Jesus Christ himself would be mad about his continuously terrible offensive line

haha... Luck played like garbage today and it wasn't because of his OL. As I said in another thread, Luck still stares down his receivers and is late getting rid of the ball. On top of that the first 20 plays shouldn't have been so lopsided in terms of play calling

THANK YOU!!!

The OL kept one of the best DL's off of Luck

He had enough time.........  He just played POORLY

Maybe his worst game as a pro

Bad passes cant be blamed on the OL

(At least this game)

Buffalo SHOULD have had 1-2 more INTS

I was very happy with Meworts play he will only get better

Also

Our reciviers didnt fight for the  50/50 ball..........

No passion....

Also

Our defense cant seem to tackle well (fundementals)

I think we need some promotions and demotions in the ILB corps

BUT.... our DL did ok (IMHO)

AND

Its one game

The offense will get in sync

Dont lose your head folks

Luck needs good coaching, too.  It is obvious he's not getting it.

I don't post much, but I am on here several times a day to stay up with everything. I wanted to see tonight if posters would put the blame where it should go or blindly blame the offensive line. That line held up against intense blitzing all game long !! Andrew was hit a few times and pressured a ot but he was bad today, very inaccurate and bad decisions. And wait, before you jump all over us that seen it true, he must get better if he is to reach the level that everyone has put him. With the blocking he got today Aaron Rodgers ,Brady, Rivers ,Brees or any top-notch QB would have shredded that defense today. Face it these are the guys he is susposed to be comparable to or better than! I don't think he has ever been very accurate, but today he was just bad!!!

Having said that I think they will get better as the season progresses!! Go Colts

I'm pretty plased with our new D line. I think they will only get better. Hilton played great he was on pace for over 100 yards before he got hurt. We needed to run more, but I think we got intimidated a bit. That Buffalo team had energy! Especially the D. Rex is hard on QB centric teams, we will be okay. In fact I saw some really great improvement on certain aspects of our D. If we can get Toler and Hilton back I think we're a very tough team. Buf at home in the rain is a nasty proposition and the Colts just didn't bring enough energy. The miscues on returns cost us huge. I think this was a closer game that it looked.

And guess whose fault all of that is?  The coaching staff who are not COACHING him properly to help him get better.  All these pro's need help to stay at the top of their game.. Luck seems to have been dropped off on their doorstep and has been taking care of himself ever since.  Who is helping him improve? I think people forget all about this as if he's just supposed to automatically be perfect.  Even the best of the best athletes in all sports need coaching and proper encouragement etc.  He was getting little to no protection and had little to no one open to throw to.  

D-line was fine. O-line struggled (to be expected against the Bills) they weren't awful and not all of Luck's struggles were their fault but they could clearly be better. 

Agreed.  No one is saying the Oline is good, but they were good enough yesterday.  People will continue to ignore that though.

Between Luck having a bad day, Pep not calling a good game, and our own mistakes, there's no way we'd beat anyone.

Don't blame the O line on this one, unless you want to ignore the facts.  Then carry on...

D-line was fine. O-line struggled (to be expected against the Bills) they weren't awful and not all of Luck's struggles were their fault but they could clearly be better.

I'm going to guess that Rex blitzed 60%+ of the time, and for that OL, whose really only played together for the better part of 3 months off and on, held up pretty well. This is probably a top 2/3 DLINE in the NFL even without Dareus and Luck still managed to only get sacked twice.

If he's got as much command of the plays at the line of scrimmage as we're told, the first 25 plays or so were horribly called and of course the OL is going to be exposed eventually. 49 drop backs against Rex and the DL, and I don't care whose OL it is, your QB is going to get pressured.

Again, considering the circumstances the OL did well, it was Luck who had a hard time executing.

And, in this case, there's no excuse at all for not surrounding him with the talent he needs, since he's played these four seasons with a rookie contract.  No reason Irsay shouldn't have surrounded him with talent after the 2012 season, when it was clear he was the "real deal."

There were a lot of things that didn't go our way, the main thing that I saw is our first 2 or 3 drives we were moving the ball and looking great, they were all stopped dead in their tracks, not by Buffalos defense but by our offense, Holding, Holding, Holding.  Who is to say how that game would have turned out if we take just one of those drives and punch it in and silence the crowd.  We were beating ourselves all game and it started to snowball, after the start we had everyone in that stadium started thinking wow Buffalo really can beat them (Indy).  Honestly Indy shouldn't have won that game the way they played, I think it will be good for them to play a few more of those type teams.  You start thinking you can win when you play like that against teams like Tennessee and Jacksonville, but that type of play gets you embarrassed against good teams, and the way buffalo played yesterday was a good team at home in favorable weather for them.  I do think that was a wake up call on the O-line that may be the best D-line they will play all year and its good to start off with that as a measuring stick.  Also on a different topic.  I think we give Varga the lead role as kickoff return and punt return, he runs like an animal!!  That's not because of Dorsetts fumble and Moncriefs kickoff return to the 4 yard line either.

Edited by 21isSuperman

And guess whose fault all of that is? The coaching staff who are not COACHING him properly to help him get better. All these pro's need help to stay at the top of their game.. Luck seems to have been dropped off on their doorstep and has been taking care of himself ever since. Who is helping him improve? I think people forget all about this as if he's just supposed to automatically be perfect. Even the best of the best athletes in all sports need coaching and proper encouragement etc. He was getting little to no protection and had little to no one open to throw to.

Staring down receivers is a common sense habit he knows better than to do. He did it with Reggie and now he's starting to do it with TY. He's the one handling all of the pre-snap calls and Rex wasn't disguising his blitzes at all, Luck knew they were coming and yet he continued to look downfield. That has NOTHING to do with coaching, but all to do with him making bone headed decisions. This was damn near identical to the Patriots game where he couldn't hit a receiver with a beach ball.

However, continue to make excuses for the guy, and blame coaching as well, when he's still making the same mistakes he did as a rookie. He's got to fix this himself, not coaching.

As others have stated, the O line played very well considering the opponent...one of the best, if not the best D lines we will face all year. Luck was just off...perhaps he needed more reps in preseason? We've been treating him in the preseason the way we treated Manning after he had been in the league nearly a decade...Luck isn't on that level yet.

If I counted right the first half was 28-7 pass plays to run plays not counting penalty plays, Colts were not down 17 to 0 until inside the final minute of the first half. What I really don't get is only 7 of Lucks 49 passes went to Fleener and Allen

Andre is the old Reggie. Andrew feels obligated to feed them the ball, to often late, and he can`t hit them right in the #`s like it takes against solid D.

He just has to get better at it.  lol

NOONE wants that more than me. Go Colts!!

Get me some ____ ILB`s Pleeeease!! :thmup:

Easy to say, harder to do. We've committed a huge amount of cap to other areas. We no longer have top 5 money when free agency opens, and I'm willing to bet we no longer have top 20 cap space when the new league year starts. Definitely not once we get Luck resigned, so free agency is really kinda out as an option to accomplish that, unless we find some diamond in the rough, and that doesn't happen often.

The draft is the most viable method then, but even that is a shot in the dark these days. College offenses are so gimmicked these days that these guys are not entering this league ready to play this kind of football. There was a story just last week about how offensive coaches are getting guys at quarterback at this level who have never read a defense before because the college game has become so gimmicky. 

There's no real easy answer to the problem in our situation.