Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts playing like the "same old Colts" [Merge]

James Harden

I notice while watching the Bills game when we are ONLY trailing 0-10, we kept throwing more than running the rock.. Pep needs to know that we have to play BALANCE football. Need to fine tune equal amount of plays for throwing and running. When we are trailing, we can't just start abandoning the running game. I know Gore was use more as a WR but let him run the ball more.

*Side note* Don't call screen plays when the Defense is blitzing like crazy..

(Speaking about running more...Varga has earn the 2nd string position. This guy needs to be use more on power running up the middle. That play when Robinson ran up the middle and almost cost us a fumble was deadly. Use Robinson on outside runs with pitch plays and let him use his speed)

Luck is too focus on 1 WR. TY was getting hammered all day and that caused him to get injured. WRs really have to step up their game. There was not a moment in the game when I saw a WR wide open..Not 1 WR could get separated from their man. (C'mon Andre ...)

The offensive approach seemed to working okay. They moved the ball reasonably well all game. Unfortunately, they kept shooting themselves in the feet with penalties. Plus, with the putrid special teams play, they were starting on the 7 yard line every drive. If the returner didn't cough it up, that is.

Yeah they abandoned the running game really quickly. I have no idea what goes through Peps head at times but Andrew could technically change the play if they wanted. Now without TY for X weeks it's going to just get uglier. It's early, but I still don't see a team capable of remotely competing with the Patriots or other good teams, especially on the road.

not just that but dorsett should have been on the field earlier

Dorsett now have to be the new TY!

Yeah they abandoned the running game really quickly. I have no idea what goes through Peps head at times but Andrew could technically change the play if they wanted. Now without TY for X weeks it's going to just get uglier. It's early, but I still don't see a team capable of remotely competing with the Patriots or other good teams, especially on the road.

Exactly need to run the ball more. Luck needs to diverse his options when throwing the ball. He can't just rely on Hilton all the time. I know Luck wants to throw to his main go-to guy all the time when Reggie was still here. Now TY have taken that role. Luck need to share the ball and Pep must be able to call the right plays. 

What makes no sense to me is how Pagano/Pep go out of their way to establish a power running game right from the start of the game, regardless of who they're playing and what the situation dictates, only to prematurely abandon it if it doesnt all go their way right away.

That's just poor coaching, IMO.

I notice while watching the Bills game when we are ONLY trailing 0-10, we kept throwing more than running the rock.. Pep needs to know that we have to play BALANCE football. Need to fine tune equal amount of plays for throwing and running. When we are trailing, we can't just start abandoning the running game. I know Gore was use more as a WR but let him run the ball more.

(Speaking about running more...Varga has earn the 2nd string position. This guy needs to be use more on power running up the middle. That play when Robinson ran up the middle and almost cost us a fumble was deadly. Use Robinson on outside runs with pitch plays and let him use his speed)

Luck is too focus on 1 WR. TY was getting hammered all day and that caused him to get injured. WRs really have to step up their game. There was not a moment in the game when I saw a WR wide open..Not 1 WR could get separated from their man. (C'mon Andre ...)

I was wondering the same thing in regards to the running game.   Pagano said on many of the planned runs the Bills loaded the box and they had to check out of the runs into pass plays.  In some ways it makes sense, but when you have a guy like Gore whose been succesful against 8 and 9 man fronts for most of his career you have to have some runs designed that can beat a stacked box and go for it.  I think that is definitely so in these bad weather games.  With Pagano and Company it's all coming back to game planning issues again and that's not a good sign overall. 

So you missed several wide open receptions and you don`t get what Andre is now.

Andre uses his big body to screen off the defenders and needs well timed ACCURATE throws to be successful.

3 years and yesterday of watching Andrew and ya gotta know that sounds like trouble.

Time for Andrew to LEARN the short game. It has been Super slow progress so far... and will look ugly for another season or two i expect.

Playing in the soft AFC South gives this organization a false sense of security & masks all the issues this teams has. Every single time the Colts go toe to toe with a physical, above average team the Colts have issues. It's not the end of the world because of course the Colts will win the South and everyone will think things are fine but in the Playoffs barring a Luck "doing it all on his own" performance , this team will get stomped. Nothing was addressed or fixed in the offseason. Same old same old. O-line is soft as baby S***, instead of adding a tone setting Defensive player in the draft the Colts add another 185 pound WR. Nothing but OL issues since Luck has been drafted and  Evan Mathis sits there as a FA until Denver picks him up. Ok....I'm done. Just disappointed in the same old crap. Lets beat up the jags, titans and get everyone happy again. SMH

Richie Incognito was the Bills' highest graded offensive player on Pro Football Focus. Despite the team's overall struggles in run blocking, Incognito received a 3.5 overall grade for his play including a 2.4 for his run blocking. In Incognito's first NFL game in over a year, he looked like he hadn't missed a single game. That's a positive sign for the Bills' offensive line going forward.

This team is soft, no attitude, not physical, not prepared and it starts with the HC. I like Chuck, he seems like a very nice guy. I would have no issues with him watching my kids for the weekend but as far as him being a leader of men.......Not so much. And I've been on here reading about people saying about his time with the Ravens and that team having attitude. I'm from that area and let me tell u, that was ALL about Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, T-Sizzle. Chuck was just along for the ride in Baltimore. Again.....very nice guy, just not a leader that is needed in today's NFL.

This team is soft, no attitude, not physical, not prepared and it starts with the HC. I like Chuck, he seems like a very nice guy. I would have no issues with him watching my kids for the weekend but as far as him being a leader of men.......Not so much. And I've been on here reading about people saying about his time with the Ravens and that team having attitude. I'm from that area and let me tell u, that was ALL about Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, T-Sizzle. Chuck was just along for the ride in Baltimore. Again.....very nice guy, just not a leader that is needed in today's NFL.

I have to disagree with you about Chuck being a Leader, I think he is the kind of person the players will follow and they do follow him but the problem is that he isn't a good HC.

I mean he is way too good of a person that he will give his players many chances to prove themselves that's why they follow him because they fell secure with him, BUT this is the FREAKING NFL you can't give your players more reps to prove themselves(i.e. T.Richardson, D. Reed, DHB, Josh Cribbs, etc.), he has been outcouched by many HC (last year for example against NE he deactivated B. Werner saying that they needed an extra DB but we all knew that NE were running over us all game, and B. Werner is an average run stopper.).