Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck 4.0

NewColtsFan

So....   it's year 4 for Andrew Luck.     This is what I'm expecting.

I don't think the Colts will throw more than last year.   In fact,  I think we'll throw slightly less.   But I think we'll throw much, much more efficiently.    I think Luck's completion percentage goes way up....

From 61.7 last year,  to something above 64 this year.   If the offense is run right,  much above.

Because I expect more completions than last year,  I think Luck hits 5,000 yards this year, but not a lot more than that. 

I don't know how many TD's he'll pass for.   But I'm expecting more than 32.   But it's his interceptions that have to go down.    I always think 12 should be the high, and hopefully no more than 10.

Luck has to get better in the Red Zone and he has to get better on 3rd down.   Frankly, much better.

I also hope that the OL protects Luck better and that Luck throws the ball away a little more to avoid sacks and late hits.     I always think 24 should be the max number of sacks.   The Colts OL has dropped that number every year.   From 41 to 32 to 29.     24 or less should be the goal.

Better decision making.   That's supposed to happen with experience.   This is year 4, we should see the results on the field this season.    I'll be disappointed if we don't.

By the way,  today is Luck's 26th birthday.

The fun starts tomorrow!

So....   it's year 4 for Andrew Luck.     This is what I'm expecting.

I don't think the Colts will throw more than last year.   In fact,  I think we'll throw slightly less.   But I think we'll throw much, much more efficiently.    I think Luck's completion percentage goes way up....

From 61.7 last year,  to something above 64 this year.   If the offense is run right,  much above.

Because I expect more completions than last year,  I think Luck hits 5,000 yards this year, but not a lot more than that. 

I don't know how many TD's he'll pass for.   But I'm expecting more than 32.   But it's his interceptions that have to go down.    I always think 12 should be the high, and hopefully no more than 10.

Luck has to get better in the Red Zone and he has to get better on 3rd down.   Frankly, much better.

I also hope that the OL protects Luck better and that Luck throws the ball away a little more to avoid sacks and late hits.     I always think 24 should be the max number of sacks.   The Colts OL has dropped that number every year.   From 41 to 32 to 29.     24 or less should be the goal.

Better decision making.   That's supposed to happen with experience.   This is year 4, we should see the results on the field this season.    I'll be disappointed if we don't.

By the way,  today is Luck's 26th birthday.

The fun starts tomorrow!

Well stated. I agree that this is the year it should "all come together" if you will.

I'm curious to see how our offensive line is gonna hold up against Rex Ryan's bring the house blitz's tomorrow. No major injuries tomorrow please. Knock on wood. Sunday will be a great test for INDY right outta the gate.

Happy Birthday Chewbacca. Han Solo says hello.  Han would have given you his gift in person Luck, but the millennium falcon was scheduled for an oil change so he couldn't make it. Sorry maybe next year. 

All kidding aside, keep your head on a swivel son. Here come Jerry Hughes. 

I don't expect him to throw more (or much less) than he did last year, but I do expect him and the offense to start more quickly than they have these last couple of seasons. Early unproductive possessions have doomed us just as much as personnel issues have, in my opinion. Hanging 7 on the board out of the gate can change an entire game, and this team needs work on that.

With a hopefully much improved running game, I'd be surprised if Andrew throws as many passes this season as he did last season.  I think Pep Hamilton wants a more balanced offense but was forced to lean heavily on the passing game because of our lack of a running game the last couple of seasons.  With less pressure on the passing game and fewer pass attempts, I'd expect Andrew's volume stats (yards, TDs) to go down somewhat from last year but his efficiency stats (completion %, int %) should be improved.