Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to re-sign Ahmad Bradshaw

Hammer

In fact, it's past time. I can't believe we haven't signed him already, unless he's gained 100 lbs. or something. Now, Boom's gone and more than likely, Ballard will be too. I know, I can hear it now. Bradshaw's more injury prone than any of them....Bradshaw was having a great year until he broke his leg. 'broke his leg'. A broken bone hardly falls into the category of a chronic injury. Let's get him back now.

In fact, it's past time. I can't believe we haven't signed him already, unless he's gained 100 lbs. or something. Now, Boom's gone and more than likely, Ballard will be too. I know, I can hear it now. Bradshaw's more injury prone than any of them....Bradshaw was having a great year until he broke his leg. 'broke his leg'. A broken bone hardly falls into the category of a chronic injury. Let's get him back now.

Yes but Trent Richardson is ready to make a comeback and he has fresh legs  haha

Looks like we're in the minority, but I'm with you. Actually, I'd rather wait until November but he may be on a team by then.

Did something happen to Gore and Robinson...? I'm not against signing Bradshaw or whatever, but I don't understand what the point is unless something happened to our other running backs who already made the team...

Robinson is the most talented runner we have drafted in a few years, so I'd rather try to develop him instead of signing a 30+ year old throwaway back...by week 8 or 10, the coaching staff and pro scouts will have a much better idea of his upside, trajectory and where is at on his development arc...if it looks grim, investigate the market, there's plenty of replacement-level RBs that can be had at that time of year...

Or something......

Isn't the fact that Bradshaw hasn't signed with anyone yet a tip to you that perhaps he's not ready?   The whole NFL has passed on him.

Or, perhaps that teams don't want to invest in him because they never know from one week to the next if they can count on him.

I love Ahmad Bradshaw.     He was a terrific player for the Colts.

But perhaps his time is up.     Perhaps it's time to move on........

Outside of Ray Rice, I think Bradshaw on one leg could outperform the list of backs presented by SteelDragon.

I'm not saying we should bring him back, though, unless there are injuries down the line.

I appreciate the hyperbole....    I'm a big Bradshaw fan.    But we both know that's not true.

Put another way,   if it was true,  he should be the Colts right now.     Or some NFL team right now.

But he's not.

Why do we need another back?

Well, we have one RB on the roster who's actually played in the NFL in the last couple years. And he's 32.

Think there are any other teams that can say that?

We'll have to revisit this subject in a few weeks. We may be happy with what we have. Or not?

The irony is strong in this one. Let's wait for an injury to one of our RBs to happen so we can sign Bradshaw and wait for an injury....

If an injury were to happen, bringing in a vet who knows the system and has thrived in the system would make sense. Would it not?

If he were to get injured as well then you're back to square one but if he stays healthy he'll play and he'll play damn well.

Again, I'm not for signing him now but if injuries and/or poor play plagues us I see Bradshaw as the smartest signee (unless Boom is still around).

Frank Gore is not going to be able to play every down. We're now down to two rookies who haven't played a down to back him up. This isn't a concern? I'm very concerned about Luck's health with two rookies protecting him. Bradshaw can do it all. So what if Bradshaw gets hurt. We'd be able to sign him, probably close to the vet minimum so the Colts wouldn't be out much. What if he doesn't get hurt. Who would you rather have trading reps with Gore?

:sip: 

:scratch:  :pokerface:

Frank Gore is not going to be able to play every down. We're now down to two rookies who haven't played a down to back him up. This isn't a concern? I'm very concerned about Luck's health with two rookies protecting him. Bradshaw can do it all. So what if Bradshaw gets hurt. We'd be able to sign him, probably close to the vet minimum so the Colts wouldn't be out much. What if he doesn't get hurt. Who would you rather have trading reps with Gore?

I'm not concerned about the backups behind Gore. Rookie running backs play and play well in the NFL all the time.

I wouldn't mind bringing him back but not now. He has his suspension to serve and if we wait until after week 1 is over then any contract he signs won't be guaranteed.

Leave the football decisions to those that do the job and try to enjoy what we have. The sky is not falling here.

Besides, Bradshaw would not be used in near the capacity he was while with us previously. Having pointed that out... Why bother then?

Honestly, just think it through... Its non-beneficial seeing as you would have to waive a healthy player to take on a high risk/low reward crap shoot of a player coming off of suspension.

He is an emergency list type of player now and you don't sign those players now. The hope is you never sign them. That's the way it should be.