Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 DL players we should go after

rock8591

We're still very thin on the D-Line...

4 rookies, 1 player that has played 12 season games as an UDFA, 1 veteran, no star players nor pro-bowlers.

Kenrick Ellis seems to be a good option - former 3rd rounder who has served as backup, mostly due to the logjam on the NJ Jets DL.

Great measurables...6'5'', 346 lbs, 35'' arm length, 10.5'' hand size, 5.19 40-yard-dash. IMO upgraded Montori Hughes.

Another would be Red Bryant. Specialty is a run-stopper but we can use another veteran on the DL that's not too old (31 years old). He and Langford can rotate out, or occasionally slide to NT if needed.

Just because we don't have a pro bowler or star player doesn't mean we're thin or need any help. I'd rather have young guys with potential to be great than vets or mediocre players that have reached their ceilings and who we won't get much from. There's a reason no one is signing those two.. lets see what our guys have first.

TY McGill is promising but Earl Okine not really. The latter does not have a track history of success even during UF or CFL days, much less the NFL.

DeAngelo Tyson (formerly Ravens) would be a good rotational player.

Darnell Dockett though, I would pass - far past his prime, situational pass rusher who offers little to the run game.

TY McGill is promising but Earl Okine not really. The latter does not have a track history of success even during UF or CFL days, much less the NFL.

DeAngelo Tyson (formerly Ravens) would be a good rotational player.

Darnell Dockett though, I would pass - far past his prime, situational pass rusher who offers little to the run game.

Players can improve so you can't say that Okine isn't promising because of the lack of success. He made some plays in the preseason, he's an athletic freak, and I'd rather have him on the team than Josh Chapman, Montori Hughes, or Red Bryant.

Sorry, you're not allowed to do that. You must have a "hot take", evidence be damned.

It's not like he demanded the colts trade a first rounder for the guy. I don't really care either way, but seeking out a guy like Ellis for the Colts doesn't seem unreasonable.

It's not like he demanded the colts trade a first rounder for the guy. I don't really care either way, but seeking out a guy like Ellis for the Colts doesn't seem unreasonable.

I don't have a problem with the Colts looking at any player, for the most part. My comment was not in response to the OP at all, more of a response to posters not actually willing to wait and see if the defense, or offense for that matter, has improved before going on a rant. If the Colts' organization has not improved the team, then by all means posters, rant away.