Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers @ Patriots Gameday Thread

cjrulli

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DeAngelo Williams rushes 120 yards on just 20 carries in this game. 

If this shows anything, it's that the Patriots defense is back to their usual selves of not being able to stop the run. 

Regardless the outcome of this game, it will be interesting to see later in the season if they get run over by teams that commit to pounding the ball. 

Possibly, the thing about the AFC East is the Bills, Jets and Dolphins have vastly superior defenses compared to the Steelers.

Too bad none of them have a serious threat at QB. The closest one is MIA with Tannehill who is 50/50 good/bad. If he plays well they could split games with NE like usual.

Also,  Gronk and Edelman prove once again Brady clearly has no weapons.

New England has NO competition in that division. Don't fool yourself. The Jets are 4-12 at best, Miami is an 8-8 team, and Buffalo is a mystery we don't know yet. 

Don't count the Dolphins out that front gonna give Brady and CO fits . They match up really well

New England has NO competition in that division. Don't fool yourself. The Jets are 4-12 at best, Miami is an 8-8 team, and Buffalo is a mystery we don't know yet. 

Pretty much this. As usual.

Buffalo managed to squeak out 8-8 last season...in large part due to New England rolling over for them in the last game of the season. I think they can actually hit 8-8 again along with Miami. But, as always, FOREVER .500.

Then, of course, the Jets. That's all that needs to be said. 5 games if they're lucky.

Too bad none of them have a serious threat at QB. The closest one is MIA with Tannehill who is 50/50 good/bad. If he plays well they could split games with NE like usual.

Also,  Gronk and Edelman prove once again Brady clearly has no weapons.

Also, Brady has no OL because tonight he had 45 minutes to throw the ball instead of an hour.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Depending what they do with Ryan, Foles, MAC, Kelly, and Moore the Colts could free up to $40 million in cap space. Plus, only 51 players count against the cap so they are counting players against the cap that will fall off. 
    • First of all I just have to say I have a strong distaste for Tom Brady but I’d sign him in a heartbeat under a year contract and then draft CJ Stroud or Levis whoever falls to us at number 4. Have them sit behind Brady and truly learn how to be a QB in the NFL. With the remaining picks provide him with some weapons and protection and bolster the defensive side of the ball. 
    • Agreed, but how much of "a better player or two MORE" does a team need at the end of every season?    That's why the teams strive to find the prototypical or modern era franchise QB, so that the QB can make that game winning drive in last minute or a couple of comeback game changing drives needed in playoffs against strong contenders, in addition to strong and consistent QB play throughout regular season. Such QBs deserve to get paid, and Bengals have found that franchise QB in Burrow who has proven so much BEFORE getting paid a lot.    Problem with the QB market is not that the likes of Rodgers, Burrow, Mahomes get paid... The problem is that barely above average QBs such as the likes of Cousins, Goff, Wentz, Jones, Carr, Watson (personal and legal problems), and few others continue to demand elite QB money and drive up the QB market when they don't deserve that kind of contract, while neither proving BEFORE OR AFTER getting that money.    If I'd wanna complain about QBs getting paid huge money that makes the team worse, I'd complain about those Pretenders who would get paid abhorrent, unproven and undeserved pay while these QBs make their team worse by BOTH blocking large part of the cap space and NOT playing to the highest level of QB play their contracts would suggest.    Back to your point, yes, Bengals would lose a key player or more both in offense and defense when Burrow's contract peaks in salary cap space... But he's proven he can compensate that loss, which is not even close to the situation of not even having found our franchise QB yet, and still a better problem than having a QB who pretends to be a franchise QB not being able to win multiple playoff games. 
    • What’s more important a couple extra picks  or carter or Anderson . With carter and Anderson they have a player that can help them now.  There is no guarantee what a further draft looks like.  I doubt Carolina will offer them that many more picks. They could get Oline at 9 I guess but  is  there a tackle that will go that high.
    • Here’s a question for you…    A story surfaced this weekend….  Chicago would like to trade Fields for picks….  Stay at number one, and draft Young as their new QB.    Any thoughts on this?    Are you hearing or reading about this anywhere?    
  • Members