Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Round Qbs

Here is a list of all the first round QB's taken from 2000-2010.

2000- Pennington -18th pick

2001-None

2002 Carr 1, Harrington 3, Ramsey 32

2003 Palmer 1, Leftwich 7, Boller 19, Grossmann 22

2004 Eli 1, Rivers 4, Big Ben 11, JP Lossman 22.

2005 Alex Smith 1, Rodgers 22, Jason Campell 25

2006 Young 3, Lienhart 10, Cutler 11

2007 Jamarcus 1, Brady Quinn 22

2008 Matt Ryan 3, Joe Flacco 18

2009 Stafford 1, Sanchez 5, Freeman 17

2010 Bradford 1, Tebow 25

There are 27 QBs. Of them I would say 8 are official busts. Carr, Harrington,Ramsey,Boller,Losman,Lienhart, Jamarcus, Quinn. And of those 8, nearly all have an 'excuse'. JaMarcus should have never been drafted. Carr was drafted by a 1st year team. Harrington was drafted by the Lions. Then you get into guys like Boller/Ramsey/Losman/Quinn. All likely busts, but were never really given the chances to succeed some due to franchise turmoil (coaching, other qbs etc).

So how many busts do you see?

I'm not sure if this is meant to be for or against luck, but since 2004 I see that 13 out of the 18 quarterbacks taken in the first round are starters on there respctive teams....8 of which are in the playoffs, 1 which just missed out on the playoffs, and one who was injured which was the reason they missed the playoffs. So all in all i like the odds of drafting a quarterback in the first round
:D

Here is a list of all the first round QB's taken from 2000-2010.

2000- Pennington -18th pick

2001-None

2002 Carr 1, Harrington 3, Ramsey 32

2003 Palmer 1, Leftwich 7, Boller 19, Grossmann 22

2004 Eli 1, Rivers 4, Big Ben 11, JP Lossman 22.

2005 Alex Smith 1, Rodgers 22, Jason Campell 25

2006 Young 3, Lienhart 10, Cutler 11

2007 Jamarcus 1, Brady Quinn 22

2008 Matt Ryan 3, Joe Flacco 18

2009 Stafford 1, Sanchez 5, Freeman 17

2010 Bradford 1, Tebow 25

There are 27 QBs. Of them I would say 8 are official busts. Carr, Harrington,Ramsey,Boller,Losman,Lienhart, Jamarcus, Quinn. And of those 8, nearly all have an 'excuse'. JaMarcus should have never been drafted. Carr was drafted by a 1st year team. Harrington was drafted by the Lions. Then you get into guys like Boller/Ramsey/Losman/Quinn. All likely busts, but were never really given the chances to succeed some due to franchise turmoil (coaching, other qbs etc).

So how many busts do you see?

Im just wondering how many college QBs lately have been considered as good as a prospect as Elway, Marino, and Manning.........ZERO.

Im just wondering how many college QBs lately have been considered as good as a prospect as Elway, Marino, and Manning.........ZERO.

What does this have to do with anything? Maybe you should back off your attack mode, and read. This isnt a "for/against" post. Its an educational post. These are the QBs taken in the first round in the last 10 years. So unbunch those panties and educated yourself, maybe that way next time you attack someone you'll have a clue as to what your talking about.

where did you get that marino was as good of a prospect as elway? he was the 5th qb taken that year. to be honest, manning wasn't considered as good a prospect as elway.

What does this have to do with anything? Maybe you should back off your attack mode, and read. This isnt a "for/against" post. Its an educational post. These are the QBs taken in the first round in the last 10 years. So unbunch those panties and educated yourself, maybe that way next time you attack someone you'll have a clue as to what your talking about.

Really?!! maybe you should read your first comment on here. Of course you did this because of luck so i was just saying that these guys are not comparable to luck. So maybe you should calm down.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 7, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 7, 2012 - inflammatory

The only person that did the attacking...IS YOU.The statment that you made toward him is clearly an attack("unbunch those panties").That's of poor taste and a polite way of calling him an effeminate male,which is a low blow.I think maybe you should 'TONE' yourself 'DOWN' a notch.There's no need for you to spin his words and attack his opinion.