Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"watt Will Lead The Texans To The Playoffs"

RockThatBlue

For the love of god... It's the QB spot man. I don't care if you think Watt is better individually than Luck, Luck plays the most important position in the game and it's not even close.

Any knowledgable GM would rather take an elite QB over an elite defensive player at any spot, assuming they don't already have an elite QB. Then again, i know i'm talking to someone overrates their team.

The shots aren't needed. He isn't even the best player at his position yet, and I'm not trying to cheap shot anything. Andy is from Houston so obviously I like the guy. But I'm happy with Watt on my team and you're happy with your guy.

No. As much as I like and respect JJ, (he's my 2nd favorite non-Colt), I have to agree with Jvan here.

Luck would be their first pick.

We all have opinions. None of us could say for sure that that would be the case. To clarify, I love Andrew. I think he's a great player. I'm not downplaying what his impact in the league is. Some people take these hypotheticals way too seriously.

The shots aren't needed. He isn't even the best player at his position yet, and I'm not trying to cheap shot anything. Andy is from Houston so obviously I like the guy. But I'm happy with Watt on my team and you're happy with your guy.

Star QB's affect the game more than star defensive players, I honestly have no clue how anyone can put forward a good argument against that. I'm not saying Watt isn't good, he is the best defensive player in the NFL but QB's simply are more valueable to winning than star defensive players. I would bet money every GM agrees with that.

You finally get some distance between yourself and that "Schaub > Luck" claim, and now you latch on to another crazy argument?

Watt is amazing. No GM would take him over Luck. Not one.

Why does it always circle back to the Schaub argument. It's like you guys keep tabs on me and try to rationalize that I'm always wrong and you're right because of that. Say what you will. I have my opinion and you have yours. They aren't facts.

Star QB's affect the game more than star defensive players, I honestly have no clue how anyone can put forward a good argument against that. I'm not saying Watt isn't good, he is the best defensive player in the NFL but QB's simply are more valueable to winning than star defensive players. I would bet money every GM agrees with that.

Defense wins championships. I'd rather build a defense that can win games and have an offense with playmakers, a strong run game and a quarterback that doesn't have to carry the team. Or have you forgotten 2011?

We all have opinions. None of us could say for sure that that would be the case. To clarify, I love Andrew. I think he's a great player. I'm not downplaying what his impact in the league is. Some people take these hypotheticals way too seriously.

Agree.  What a silly discussion we have going on.   haha

I believe JJ is THE best Defensive Player and possibly even the best player period in the league today.   

But the fact is,  Teams don't do well without a Good QB, and that is why I think any GM would take Andrew first.

Moot point here.  Andrew isn't up for grabs.   :hello:

Defense wins championships. I'd rather build a defense that can win games and have an offense with playmakers, a strong run game and a quarterback that doesn't have to carry the team. Or have you forgotten 2011?

Defense wins championships yes, but QB's are more valueable than any single defensive player. You can make an argument defense as a whole is more important I suppose, but that's not what I am arguing. I'm saying QB is more valueable than any lone defensive position.

The pats had the 13th ranked defense last year. The hawks had the 1st

Why does it always circle back to the Schaub argument. It's like you guys keep tabs on me and try to rationalize that I'm always wrong and you're right because of that. Say what you will. I have my opinion and you have yours. They aren't facts.

It's not "I'm right and you're wrong." It's just that your position is untenable. 

Texans won't make the playoffs. They will get swept for third year in a row though. As will the rest of the AFC South. Nothing has changed.

Also, lol @ anyone who thinks GMs would pick Watt over Luck. Foolish opinion. Luck is a top class QB who can turn a franchise around. As great as Watt is he can't. Therefore Luck is always going to be the pick.

Defense wins championships yes, but QB's are more valueable than any single defensive player. You can make an argument defense as a whole is more important I suppose, but that's not what I am arguing. I'm saying QB is more valueable than any lone defensive position.

True, but put a game wrecker like Watt or Reggie White on a subpar defense and it gives you a chance to win some games. Of course, the same argument can be made for great QBs too.

And the hawks lost. And they have the best d in the league. Not a middle of the road d with one great player

The Texans aren't going to be a middle of the road D. Again, the Seahawks by all accounts should have won that game. Credit to the Patriots for coming back and making a play on the ball though on a bad play call no doubt.

Having watched the preseason, I think it depends on the Titans. If Mariota is great then no matter how good Watt is, he can't beat Mariota and Luck. If Mariota is all around bad then it's self explanatory. The Texans will have a winning season and will just depend on how all the records look at the end of the season. The realistic scenario is that Mariota will have his ups and downs with some pretty high ups and some pretty low downs. Then it will just depend on when the Texans get a piece of him.

They certainly have talent if everyone stays healthy, They don't have a murders row type of schedule this year, They do play NE and the Colts but other then that:

Buffalo

Atlanta

Titans twice

Jags twice

Jets

Bengals

Dolphins

Panthers

Bucs

Patriots

Colts twice

Saints

Chiefs

(Not in that order)

Outside of NE and Colts (As long as they take care of the ball) I can see them going 10-6 or 11-5 if they just get solid QB play not great or spectacular

I don't think it will happens but that's why they play the games

Ik its still early, but I don't see them beating the dolphins, Chiefs, jets, Buffalo, the pats, or colts (both times). I see them going maybe 9-7. I can't remember their record last year. But I think they haven't gotten any better this year. Especially after losing Johnson.

:scorebad: this is wrong 100 percent of the time ... think of it this way trade Luck and Watt the Colts become a team just wishing to make playoffs and the Texans are a top NFL team .

Agreed.

QB is the only position that can carry a team.

D lineman is almost the last position that can carry a team right ahead of Olineman.

You can't double team a QB but you can double team a lineman.

It circles around because people seem to forget if you make bold statements that are shown to be false (unless you still think Schaub is better?) then you're less likely to get credence for future statements. Creditbilty is like trust, it's earnt.

Now it's your opinion that GMs would take Watt over Luck and there is no right or wrong in this. BUT conventional wisdom says a QB is always the preferred building block. In fact this very question came up on the Move the Sticks podcast where they ask 5 GMs a question (they don't say which) and how many out the 5 do you think picked Watt over Luck?

As for crowning someone 2015 division champs.. That's the sort of thing that's going to irk people. It's asinine.

It circles around because people seem to forget if you make bold statements that are shown to be false (unless you still think Schaub is better?) then you're less likely to get credence for future statements. Creditbilty is like trust, it's earnt.

Now it's your opinion that GMs would take Watt over Luck and there is no right or wrong in this. BUT conventional wisdom says a QB is always the preferred building block. In fact this very question came up on the Move the Sticks podcast where they ask 5 GMs a question (they don't say which) and how many out the 5 do you think picked Watt over Luck?

As for crowning someone 2015 division champs.. That's the sort of thing that's going to irk people. It's asinine.

Okay. I've heard the exact thing you just said like four or five times in the thread, I get it. And me predicting my team to win the division can irk the whole world if necessary...I frankly don't give a damn. There are people who say and predict far more asinine things on this website than predicting their team to win the division crown. I don't get why I have to be made the villain here all the time when honestly I'm a hell of a lot better poster then some around here. Oh, I get it, I love the Texans and had confidence in my QB in the past. Silly me.

Shaub > Luck

RG3 > Luck

Reggie Wayne a journeyman

Etc Etc

Trent Richardson will be effective eventually, just give him some time.

LaRon Landry isn't terrible, he went to the Pro Bowl and is therefore a good signing by Grigs, give him some time.

Andy is the best QB evahhhh, our triplets we have now are already better then The old triplets.

RG3 likes action figures. Burn the witch.

We will destroy the Patriots the next time we play them! The refs really screwed this one up it was close in the third quarter.

When in doubt, deflategate.

Tom Brady has control over the playclock, the game is rigged.

Etc. etc.