Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"watt Will Lead The Texans To The Playoffs"

RockThatBlue

That's a pretty significant statement from Mooch. It would take quite a bit more than Watt to bring them into the Playoff picture. Hoyer and/or Mallet would have to rise above the fray to achieve it, along with the type of year Watt had in 2014. And that's even somewhat of a stretch considering the other teams in the AFC racing for the post season.

Way too many question marks on the Texans offense. Their defense is stout but like so many years past their offense is unproven and their running attack is injury prone. Let's wait and see how their coach has put this all together for this season. Everyone here in Houston is painfully aware of the QB problem.

I don't think it'll happen.  Unless one plays an offensive position like QB or RB, I don't think you can lead your team to the playoffs.  QBs do it all the time and we saw Adrian Peterson lead his team to the playoffs a few years ago.  Other than that, I don't think anyone from any position can really lead their team to the playoffs.

He could, they almost made it last year.

If O'Brian can get Hoyer or Mallet to be even a marginal upgrade over Fitzpatrick then they have a pretty good shot.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. . . BUT that said I don't think it will happen.  Because honestly I think Fitzpatrick is a better QB then Hoyer.  And Mallet seems to have been unable to separate himself from Hoyer so it's not likely that he's all that good either.

One of the best seasons of any individual player ever, and they still didn't make the playoffs.

True but they were very close and that was largely because of his play even with the horrific play they got at QB with three different starters.

What is your take on Bill O'Brien thus far?

True but they were very close and that was largely because of his play even with the horrific play they got at QB with three different starters.

What is your take on Bill O'Brien thus far?

Meh. No read on him so far. How his offense does with Hoyer will be a big factor for me. Mike Pettine was 6-3 with the guy, with no receivers. 

Meh. No read on him so far. How his offense does with Hoyer will be a big factor for me. Mike Pettine was 6-3 with the guy, with no receivers. 

Yeah, I feel the same way. I like what he is building there but he needs the QB. Hoyer can be pretty solid so we will see what Bill can get out of him.

WATT has done  all he can he has'nt led the texans to the playoffs , Only the Ravens had a defense that could take a mediocre team into & thru the playoffs The texans still have'nt won in Indy there playoff hopes are a bit premature .

The texans got to take the AFC South from the top dog & this is not your year I'll save a seat on the Colts bandwagon for those of you who want to witness the playoffs  ..

WATT has done  all he can he has'nt led the texans to the playoffs , Only the Ravens had a defense that could take a mediocre team into & thru the playoffs The texans still have'nt won in Indy there playoff hopes are a bit premature .

The texans got to take the AFC South from the top dog & this is not your year I'll save a seat on the Colts bandwagon for those of you who want to witness the playoffs  ..

To be fair, Flacco did play really well in the playoffs the year they won the Superbowl.

Maybe the Texans should start rookies on the D-line and hope for the best.

The Texans won the AFC South 2 times 1 because Peyton Manning did'nt play that year & just barely in 2012 after 2 years of dominance once again by the Colts .

The AFC South has yet to play 1 game so how would the Texans be 2015 AFC South Champs ,  I'll spot 2011 & 2012 but thats all you get leave that up there all year for good LUCK hopefully you guys don't look like chumps again . :thmup:haha

The Texans won the AFC South 2 times 1 because Peyton Manning did'nt play that year & just barely in 2012 after 2 years of dominance once again by the Colts .

The AFC South has yet to play 1 game so how would the Texans be 2015 AFC South Champs , I'll spot 2011 & 2012 but thats all you get leave that up there all year for good LUCK hopefully you guys don't look like chumps again . :thmup:haha

He had that sign with 2014 last year. You see how well that worked out

The AFC South has yet to play 1 game so how would the Texans be 2015 AFC South Champs , I'll spot 2011 & 2012 but thats all you get leave that up there all year for good LUCK hopefully you guys don't look like chumps again . :thmup:haha

Whatever. We'll see how things go this year.

Any gm would take luck over watt. A Great D lineman can't lead teams to the playoffs. Great qbs can

Don't be so sure. Watt is the best player in the game. He has help too, there's this misconception that he's all the Texans have on defense. You need a great defense to compete against top tier QBs in the playoffs. A defense that can force turnovers and score. Andy can only do so much.

Don't be so sure. Watt is the best player in the game. He has help too, there's this misconception that he's all the Texans have on defense. You need a great defense to compete against top tier QBs in the playoffs. A defense that can force turnovers and score. Andy can only do so much.

Every gm would take a great qb over a great player at any other position

They certainly have talent if everyone stays healthy, They don't have a murders row type of schedule this year, They do play NE and the Colts but other then that:

Buffalo

Atlanta

Titans twice

Jags twice

Jets

Bengals

Dolphins

Panthers

Bucs

Patriots

Colts twice

Saints

Chiefs

(Not in that order)

Outside of NE and Colts (As long as they take care of the ball) I can see them going 10-6 or 11-5 if they just get solid QB play not great or spectacular

I don't think it will happens but that's why they play the games

For the love of god... It's the QB spot man. I don't care if you think Watt is better individually than Luck, Luck plays the most important position in the game and it's not even close.

Any knowledgable GM would rather take an elite QB over an elite defensive player at any spot, assuming they don't already have an elite QB. Then again, i know i'm talking to someone overrates their team.