Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irving And Moore Next Years Starters?

getting ahead of myself, but im thinking with AC, the TEs, and andrew still needing to get paid, freeman is not gonna get the deal he wants and the colts know that and then theres jackson's contract correct me if im wrong can be cut next year and not suffer too bad cap wise. so the colts can already be planning to replace them with irving and moore

I think that is probably the plan. If Herrera goes to the PS, I think we'll have Irving and Sio with Herrera, McNary and hopefully a bulked up Sylvestre as backups. It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out this year. Freeman could have extra motivation in a contract year.

getting ahead of myself, but im thinking with AC, the TEs, and andrew still needing to get paid, freeman is not gonna get the deal he wants and the colts know that and then theres jackson's contract correct me if im wrong can be cut next year and not suffer too bad cap wise. so the colts can already be planning to replace them with irving and moore

Those guys should/may be backups this season.

Anything is possible. I agree I don't think Freeman is going to get the deal he wants this next year with his age. I also think Grigs is going to want to go younger at ILB. In that case yes Irving (27) and Moore (25) would be good choices to replace them in the starting line-up. This is also hoping that the two of them fit into our scheme and play well for us this year.

We should probably wait and see how Irving and Moore play for us before jumping.  Granted, I LOVE how both play.  And Am very optimistic. But both coming off real injuries, and have yet to take real snaps in a Colt uniform.

I personally would like to see how a Anderson, Parry, Langford, Mathis, Irving, Moore, Walden front 7 would perform.

Wait, so is Herrera a free agent at the moment then?  Grigs has said there was no hesitation of them resigning McNary...  So does anyone think Herrera is actually coming to the PS?  If so, who would go to open a spot?  

Yes as of right now he is a FA. It is hard to say though. Grigs may have already claimed him for our PS. I think with labor day weekend the league offices weren't open so transactions haven't officially gone through yet. Same thing in NY with them claiming Montori Hughes to their PS it won't be official till tomorrow. I believe Herrera will be on the practice squad. There was a reason he made the initial 53 over the others, so space will be cleared for him one way or another. If I had to guess who went it would be Patterson.

D Jackson signed what was pretty much a 2 year deal. 2016 cap number is around 5.7 mill. The cap hit if he's cut is only $500,000. Major shock to me if he's retained in 2016. 

Stay in the game ....       how bout that?

sheeeeehe    Why does Grigs like hurt folk so much?  

Yes as of right now he is a FA. It is hard to say though. Grigs may have already claimed him for our PS. I think with labor day weekend the league offices weren't open so transactions haven't officially gone through yet. Same thing in NY with them claiming Montori Hughes to their PS it won't be official till tomorrow. I believe Herrera will be on the practice squad. There was a reason he made the initial 53 over the others, so space will be cleared for him one way or another. If I had to guess who went it would be Patterson.

Thanks for the clarification.  

They should start this year when they are both healthy they are our 2 best ILB

Yeah, and this is not really about money. Colts are building a whole new defense on DL+ILB and Moore + Irving is the new quality ILB duo going forward - when they are healthy. This is the plan as I see it.

I don't care if Freeman stays or goes, but dq needs to go sooner than later. He's a liability.

I think Freeman needs to just keep his head screwed on a bit more, he let his first two seasons get to his head a bit i think and stopped working as hard.

Dq Jackson I actually kinda agree on. He hasnt been the run stuffer that he was brought in to be and he is just awful in coverage. I would actually prefer to cut our losses with him and bring Herrera back into the starting lineup over him. Save on the $$ and get a better player in.