Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Claimed Ty Mcgill From Seahawks

RockThatBlue

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to keep in mind. #colts claiming 2 players off waivers means 2 roster spots must be opened. Bubble guys never, ever safe.

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

September 6, 2015

One thing to keep in mind. #colts claiming 2 players off waivers means 2 roster spots must be opened. Bubble guys never, ever safe.

my guess price and varga are gone. varga goes to the PS

Post I just posted seems to say since we got them off waivers we have to put them on the roster

If claimed off waivers, that means they have less than 4 years accrued and thus were not 'cut' to be an F.A.  But they may also have too many accrued seasons to be P.S. eligible.  Rules here-

http://forums.colts.com/topic/40121-duron-carter-clears-waviers/#entry1159980

Kerr isn't gonna start. It's Parry & Anderson. And I feel very good about that :)

So do I. They are rookies and they will struggle at times but I think these two will be good cogs on the d line going forward. Parry already seems better at getting penetration than Chapman ever was. And Henry has made some nice plays too.

Maybe they're going to the PS? I don't know. Guess we will find out soon.

Not sure about their eligibility to be placed on the P.S.  There are specific rules concerning that.

Waived players from other teams can only be claimed to the active roster right now (I believe the player has to stay on the active squad for at least 3 weeks). If a waived player passes through waivers than the team that waived him gets the right of first refusal to sign said player to their PS. If they refuse to sign him then another team can sign him to their PS or active squad.

Hope that makes sense.

Waived players from other teams can only be claimed to the active rosters right now (I believe the player has to stay on the active squad for at least 3 weeks). If a waived player passes through waivers than the team that waived him gets the right of first refusal to sign said player to their PS. If they refuse to sign him then another team can sign him to their PS or active squad.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for this. Clears it up for me.

So do I. They are rookies and they will struggle at times but I think these two will be good cogs on the d line going forward. Parry already seems better at getting penetration than Chapman ever was. And Henry has made some nice plays too.

Mix them with some skilled vets at linebacker...in time could be awesome.

Waived players from other teams can only be claimed to the active roster right now (I believe the player has to stay on the active squad for at least 3 weeks). If a waived player passes through waivers than the team that waived him gets the right of first refusal to sign said player to their PS. If they refuse to sign him then another team can sign him to their PS or active squad.

Hope that makes sense.

That's right.  The team gets the player and his current contract.  I remember now, thanks.  P.S. is made up of UFA's.  {Players that are not claimed off waivers}