Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints Waived Stanley Jean Baptiste

Superman

I remember he was drafted in the end of the second round last year and I actually wanted him at that time. Glad Grigson didn't listen to me, lol! I remember that he never even started for them and was either the 3rd or 4th CB in a weak CB corps for the Saints. He seemed to have struggled a lot, but i'd still be willing to pick him up as our 6th CB and drop Price as I believe he deserves a bit more time.

Does anyone know how that corner they picked up from the CFL is doing, Delvin Breaux

I think that is the precise reason they let Baptiste go.  When I watched the Saints vs Texans game the announcers said the Saints were raving about Breaux.  Still think there were also some performance issues with Baptiste.  Odd to see a young corner with that size let go so soon. 

Project player who is already 25 years old. Most NFL coaches in my opinion don't have the patience or the time to teach the fundamentals at just about any position in my opinion, He is also a poor tackler. Zone Corner at this point and not a very good one at that. I'd be willing to take a gamble with him as the 5th Corner hoping he went straight Vontae for advice and was a film junkie...But that's just hoping

Chuck "the DB Whisperer" was willing to patiently coach up a tall CB, Sheldon Price, who stank it up in his first two years in the league.  Stanley Jean-Baptiste might be a better project on the practice squad.  His draft report predicted he would need time to develop.  He packs a wallop when he wants to hit somebody, so even if he doesn't develop into a good CB, maybe he can convert to Safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqnT3rumXg