Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady Wins, Deflategate Suspension Nullified

Jackie Daytona

They asked for flaws, not what issues you had.  Your response was a non-answer.

And as I said...I'm not going back through it again because it is irrelevant at this point. The team was punished, the punishment was accepted, and this was all about Brady from that point on and the judge has ruled that he did not have a fair and independent appeal. 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as I said...I'm not going back through it again because it is irrelevant at this point. The team was punished, the punishment was accepted, and this was all about Brady from that point on and the judge has ruled that he did not have a fair and independent appeal.

I've said from jump that Brady wouldn't serve a single game.

What is annoying is that the appeals process could have included all the relevant documents and testimony from Pash, and it wouldn't have changed Goodell's decision. Should have done it right.

Annoying on another level is the "unprecedented" angle. Berman opined that this is a simple fine issue. I believe it's more serious than that, as what Brady is accused of can affect the outcome of games. That opinion is disagreeable to me.

Oh well. Long and short, this is exactly what I thought would happen. I don't believe this vindicates Brady, but it does liberate him.

I've said from jump that Brady wouldn't serve a single game.

What is annoying is that the appeals process could have included all the relevant documents and testimony from Pash, and it wouldn't have changed Goodell's decision. Should have done it right.

Annoying on another level is the "unprecedented" angle. Berman opined that this is a simple fine issue. I believe it's more serious than that, as what Brady is accused of can affect the outcome of games. That opinion is disagreeable to me.

Oh well. Long and short, this is exactly what I thought would happen. I don't believe this vindicates Brady, but it does liberate him.

What about the Jay Feely issue, though?  That demonstrated clearly that the NFL didn't suspend or fine a Jets player for the exact thing of which Brady was accused.

So, another non-answer.  If the flaws were so big, you would think it would be a quick and easy answer.

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 51s51 seconds ago Judge Berman: “No Notice of Any Discernible Infraction”

So the judge is saying no, Brady didn't do anything wrong, based on the evidence.

Correct, the NFL and Wells couldn't get enough from Brady's phone nor an interview with the ball boys after the Deflator text was found. So the NFL came down harder and called it being uncooperative after him and the organization clearly covered it up.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Except, as a Nuclear Engineering student, I did calculations with the ideal has law months ago, which showed that the temperature did not account for the lower pressures in multiple balls.

As a chemical engineer (and attorney) to a nuclear engineer student I will direct your attention Figure 22 of the Wells Report showing how the psig increases as the balls sit at halftime.   When one matches up the gauges with who used them and when, takes in account that the colts balls started at 0.50 psig higher than the pats balls, and that the pats balls were tested near the start of the halftime and the colts near the end of halftime, one fines that the lowest reading colts balls is equivalent, as a control, to the 8th lowest pats ball.  So at a minimum that lowest reading colts ball makes 8 of the 11 pats balls innocent, if one were to assume that the colts balls were not tampered with during the game.  

Brady is a joke, he deserved punishment for not cooperating....smashing his phone when he knew it was critical in this case....not the sign of a truthful man, but that of a spoiled child.  Court was wrong, hopefully NFL will appeal and they subpoena both Brady's info and those text from the club house folks involved.  CBA is effectively void, this will hurt the players long term and they can thank Brady!  The deflator....lol.... weight loss....what a joke

Maybe Goodell should of fined Brady 100k, no?   You know kind of like the 50K fine the NFL gave Farve.  Or the no suspension no fine that was imposed on the Saints players after it was reversed on appeal. 

What makes me the most happy is the Berman validated every single concern and question Pats fans had from the first day the Wells report was released. And remember the NFL picked this courtroom on top believing they would rubber stamp their decision.

The NFL looks horrible in this...Berman took a dump right on their face.

It just means that corrupt backwards minded blue-voting Minnesotan's (the judge) have to find a way to support other backwards minded blue-voting New Englanders in the face of common sense and reason.

A decision that was totally expected if you know who people are at the root.

Announcer on NFLN: "The Patriots and the rest of the nation now more than generally aware that Tom Brady will be available to play week one against the Steelers."

Did analyst Scott Hansen say this? I'm just curious because that guy comes up with some poetic stuff on the fly live. Here's what the guy looks like just in case you didn't see his name on the air. 

hansonscottfinn1007-thumb-225x338-52666.

Except, as a Nuclear Engineering student, I did calculations with the ideal has law months ago, which showed that the temperature did not account for the lower pressures in multiple balls.

As a chemical engineer (and attorney) to a nuclear engineer student I will direct your attention Figure 22 of the Wells Report showing how the psig increases as the balls sit at halftime.   When one matches up the gauges with who used them and when, takes in account that the colts balls started at 0.50 psig higher than the pats balls, and that the pats balls were tested near the start of the halftime and the colts near the end of halftime, one fines that the lowest reading colts balls is equivalent, as a control, to the 8th lowest pats ball.  So at a minimum that lowest reading colts ball makes 8 of the 11 pats balls innocent, if one were to assume that the colts balls were not tampered with during the game.  

As a juggler from Venice Beach.....I'm ready for the season to start. :P

The NFL looks horrible in this...Berman took a dump right on their face.

Yes, that is the best part. THREE federal judges now have ruled against them on PROCESS. It is the clown show on Park Avenue and every single player should be doing the dance of joy as now maybe the league will have to address its silliness. I am not hopeful though but this is big.

Bottom Line: Brady avoids punishment, but his legacy is forever tainted.  He admitted he would have been OK with a 1-game suspension, so he admits he is guilty.  Maybe only 1-game guilty, and not 4-game guilty, but still guilty.

So everyones' views are vindicated, pats fans can still claim innocence and superiority, while everyone else can point out that he knew he cheated but got away with it.

Did analyst Scott Hansen say this? I'm just curious because that guy comes up with some poetic stuff on the fly live. Here's what the guy looks like just in case you didn't see his name on the air. 

hansonscottfinn1007-thumb-225x338-52666.

Wait I thought they just keep this guy plugged in and charging during the offseason and unplug him for RedZone. I had no idea he is actually on the NFL Network otherwise since I just watch RZ and cancel when the season is over.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Yes but unprecedented means unprecedented.   And that is the key legal principle.   The ruling has upheld the common theme in the bountygate and Rice cases that you can not come out of nowhere and imposed a penalty.   You simply can not. 

As I mentioned in my first post in this thread, one of the foundation of our country is the prohibition against Ex Post Facto laws (a law created after the crime can not be retroactivity imposed to said crime).  Now true that only effects states and government laws, but the principles behind this prohibition have found its way to the private sector, after all, when one steps back, a reasonable person can see that you can not increase a well establish penalty after a given person has committed an act.  This is in part the theory behind the law of shop in labor law.  

Bottom line Goodell could of avoided all of this by simply imposing a fine in May, but he chose not too.  That is his fault.  Do not blame Brady or pats fans if the court made sure that Goodell follow the prior acts of the NFL and prior NFL fines impose for a given action.  And again, Goodell did not learn his lesson from Bountygate and the Rice case. 

Don't blame Brady or the Pats?  Why not?  They're the ones who cheated.  Goodell handled the situation very poorly, but that doesn't exonerate Brady from wrongdoing.

Goodel also did not allow Brady and the NFLPA to investigate Jeff Pash for what he had edited in the Wells Report.

That violated the CBA I think.

What a mess on his part.

Again, from what I read and understand in that link and what I read in the Wells report, Exponent took account for most of what the author is claiming.

Exponent took that into consideration when they did their testing and still found the Pats balls were outside the range that would be acceptable by the Ideal Gas Law.