Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady Wins, Deflategate Suspension Nullified

Jackie Daytona

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common sense has no place in the rule of law.

Your team's prestige is gone, absolutely gone. Nothing but shiny things remain........reminders that the destruction of evidence is still ones best recourse to getting away with wrongdoings.

ROFL

Only is the eyes of fans whose teams the Patriots own. Fact.

There are many non-Patriot fans who know that this was a witch hunt.

Fact: there is nothing that proves that the Patriots "cheated."

ROFL

Only is the eyes of fans whose teams the Patriots own. Fact.

There are many non-Patriot fans who know that this was a witch hunt.

Fact: there is nothing that proves that the Patriots "cheated."

You've confused facts with opinions, that's your first problem.

I only read the first page. I think he did it. Homers who are saying some judge proves otherwise would swear the same judge was crooked, innocent people get blamed for everything, etc if this went the other way.

I do see why the judge had to make this ruling though. This doesn't wash Brady's hands of this whole thing. It cleans him off a little...but they stench remains similar to Big Ben and his deal.

I only read the first page. I think he did it. Homers who are saying some judge proves otherwise would swear the same judge was crooked, innocent people get blamed for everything, etc if this went the other way.

I do see why the judge had to make this ruling though. This doesn't wash Brady's hands of this whole thing. It cleans him off a little...but they stench remains similar to Big Ben and his deal.

Yup. It doesn't change anything as far as the merits of the accusation. It's hard to prove something when all the evidence is within the custody of the accused, and they aren't fully forthcoming with the evidence.

you guys are funny

This.

Yehoodi, who is a lawyer, wrote several factual arguments. Superman, who is not a lawyer, wrote various incorrect interpretations, and thinks that he's right.

Even though Yehoodi's arguments line up with Berman's , who has no connection to New England, somehow they're both wrong.

It is funny.

I made today one of those "Avoid Facebook at all costs day". Because up here the Patriots are the NFL's golden children and there's no way humanly possible they couldn't have done anything wrong and that they're always the poor victims being witch hunted by everybody.

(I took a week off from the site the week they won the Super Bowl lol)

The fact that I wanted Brady's suspension upheld had nothing to do with the Bills game in Week 2. Nope. I'm sure our vaunted D will look like swiss cheese that week.

I'll probably make a concerted effort to avoid next Thursday's game too. Watching them get a banner hung courtesy of the Seahawks OC and seeing Brady walk onto the field will just do bad things to my stomach.

As I said before - the fact that it the judge clearly told both sides to come to a compromise is the likely tipping point.

Brady was willing to budge a little with a one game suspension.

The NFL was not budging AT ALL.

So, the outcome is not at all surprising. If the NFL had half a brain cell between their entirety to put a case together,this should have been over and done with a long time ago.If they at least TRIED to compromise they probably could have got two games. Brady got off on a technicality, (in this case, inept/biased investigation process) but it's still obvious he knew of it.

In punishment, not guilty. In reality, guilty as sin and that's really all that matters. His rep has been permanently damaged either way. Then again, so has the NFL's for their utter incompetence.

I look forward to no more touching the Brady penalties.

As I said before - the fact that it the judge clearly told both sides to come to a compromise is the likely tipping point.

Brady was willing to budge a little with a one game suspension.

The NFL was not budging AT ALL.

So, the outcome is not at all surprising. If the NFL had half a brain cell between their entirety to put a case together,this should have been over and done with a long time ago.If they at least TRIED to compromise they probably could have got two games. Brady got off on a technicality, (in this case, inept/biased investigation process) but it's still obvious he knew of it.

In punishment, not guilty. In reality, guilty as sin and that's really all that matters. His rep has been permanently damaged either way. Then again, so has the NFL's for their utter incompetence.

I look forward to no more touching the Brady penalties.

The judge didn't investigate the actual "crime". Nor did he say Brady was innocent or guilty.  

This was a labor dispute.  

Brady is still guilty. The judge just said Goodell overstepped his powers.  

I'd like to see where Roger violated the CBA.  

The NFLPA let him become judge, jury, and executioner.  

The NFL agreed to pay the players A LOT OF FREAKING MONEY!

You don't get both ways.

The lack of comprehension here is amazing.  So many of you making snap judgements without actually reading any of the court documents.

Pot, meet kettle.  

I honestly don't understand why people think this means Brady is innocent of any wrong doing......  

I mean I cannot wrap my head around your homerism. It's crazy to me.

Pot, meet kettle.

I honestly don't understand why people think this means Brady is innocent of any wrong doing......

Pash himself said that there was no evidence linking Brady to anything.

So, if the NFL head lawyer is saying that, i would guess that you're wrong .

Pash himself said that there was no evidence linking Brady to anything.

So, if the NFL head lawyer is saying that, i would guess that you're wrong .

Citation? 

Berman: "Is there a text in which Mr. Brady instructs someone to put a needle in a football? "  

Nash: "No there is not such direct evidence."

Nash: "But other evidence 'clearly indicates Mr. Brady’s knowledge and encouragement of this activity.' Such as texts after game"

It's not as simple as what you're saying. telling only have the story is exactly like lying. 

Quit lying and putting words in his mouth. That's just sad.

This isn't over fwiw, the NFL is appealing

The season will be over before there's an absolute resolution to this.  

The NFL really screwed up not suspending Brady 8 or 10 games in hopes it would settle to 4.  

But then again the CBA allows Goodell to handle the punishments and the arbitrations. 

I don't see how this judge isn't overstepping.  

Did they even review the CBA?

Pot, meet kettle.  

Yes in the public opinion heʻs guilty which will matter not court documents or Patsʻs fans opinions when it is all said and done, but 4 games? Overall I am glad Bradyʻs back cause he has some good teams before our match up and donʻt really want him to  concentrate solely on us studying and watching our games while heʻs suspended 4 games. Do you really want that? Will be looking forward to that Patriots vs Colts game. GO COLTS!

Yes in the public opinion heʻs guilty which will matter not court documents or Patsʻs fans opinions when it is all said and done, but 4 games? Overall I am glad Bradyʻs back cause he has some good teams before our match up and donʻt really want him to  concentrate solely on us studying and watching our games while heʻs suspended 4 games. Do you really want that? Will be looking forward to that Patriots vs Colts game. GO COLTS!

I don't think having 4 weeks of studying films makes any difference. The Patriots have all the film already needed and plus the new games coming up. The key is to play your best football with no turnovers and beat them.

I don't think having 4 weeks of studying films makes any difference. The Patriots have all the film already needed and plus the new games coming up. The key is to play your best football with no turnovers and beat them.

I was not talking about the team but Brady and him having actually 5 weeks including the bye week if he was suspended the 1st 4 games because he canʻt participate in practices either which will give ample time to study up and watch us, kinda scary if you ask me, but donʻt matter now that heʻs playing so itʻs even ground, donʻt want a fully untouched and healthy Brady coming at us in that week six game for revenge

My deepest, sincerest condolences.

I must admit that I was brought crashing to the earth 10 seconds after hearing about Brady's hearing .

I was scrolling through Facebook, look at what others are saying, and I saw the photographs of the toddler on the beach. As a father of a toddler, that completely devastated me, and reduced me to tears. There is so much more important things in life than sports, most importantly family.

I missed this post earlier.  Thank you. 

Right.

Brady has never carried the Patriots.

Not even when they were down by 14 points twice against the Ravens.

Or leading the Patriots to the first SB win for a team trailing by double digits in the 4th quarter.

Nope, he's never carried the team. Not in '07 when the defense was subpar.

Not ever.

I just heard an interview on Dakich (I will post a link once it's posted) with a lawyer who said that if you read the ruling the judge says that his ruling has nothing to do with deflating the balls or not and rather Brady was involved or not.  So like I said weeks ago this ruling didn't find Brady innocent it says Brady did not have a fair process.  It was really good interview (and neutral which is more than I can say from just about anyone on this forum) If you can track it down I would strongly encourage everyone to listen to it.  Also at the end of it he touches on something that reminds everyone there are far more important things in the world than did Brady know about some footballs being deflated or not. 

I think as this comes out it's pretty clear the NFL botched this investigation from top to bottom and did such a bad job that rather Brady did this or not no longer matters.  If I am the NFL owners the fact that Goodell keeps suspending players and keep having the suspension tossed out in court because courts find that he didn't follow the CBA would really bother me.  Clearly this isn't a case of the NFL not having enough money to hire lawyers to be able to tell them if what they are doing will hold up in court or not.  IMO, it's a case of the NFL not listening to those lawyers and doing as they want.  That's a problem no matter where you fall on the Brady side of things. 

Anyways, I keep waiting for them to post the interview once they do I'll post a link.  It's really worth a listen no matter whose side you are on in this whole thing. 

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/dan-dakich-show/criminal-defense-attorney-tom-brady-ruling

Here is the interview.  It's very good and very neutral. 

Right.

Or leading the Patriots to the first SB win for a team trailing by double digits in the 4th quarter.

Not ever.

Exactly...because it's all tainted. 

I was not talking about the team but Brady and him having actually 5 weeks including the bye week if he was suspended the 1st 4 games because he canʻt participate in practices either which will give ample time to study up and watch us, kinda scary if you ask me, but donʻt matter now that heʻs playing so itʻs even ground, donʻt want a fully untouched and healthy Brady coming at us in that week six game for revenge

Revenge? Who cares? He is a good QB and revenge has nothing to do with playing good enough to beat him. He can only play as good as his team plays. This being scared of Brady and the Patriots is stale. We got past them in the past and we will again.

Right.

Not ever.

You're mistaking another team choking for Brady carrying a team.

Gronk is practically unstoppable in today's NFL. That's why.

The Patriots offensive line knows how to rise to the occasion also.

The only shred of evidence where you could say he "carried the team" was on 2007 but then he choked in the Super Bowl so all for not.

And I'm not saying Brady isn't very good.

Which is what really makes all this confusing.

Why cheat? You don't even need to. That's borderline sociopathic.

You're mistaking another team choking for Brady carrying a team.

Gronk is practically unstoppable in today's NFL. That's why.

The Patriots offensive line knows how to rise to the occasion also.

The only shred of evidence where you could say he "carried the team" was on 2007 but then he choked in the Super Bowl so all for not.

And I'm not saying Brady isn't very good.

Which is what really makes all this confusing.

Why cheat? You don't even need to. That's borderline sociopathic.

No one was put on notice that Brady carried a team, so it never happened...duh.

Revenge? Who cares? He is a good QB and revenge has nothing to do with playing good enough to beat him. He can only play as good as his team plays. This being scared of Brady and the Patriots is stale. We got past them in the past and we will again.

Revenge is whatʻs going to happen whether you like it or not...the media will hype this leading up to that game, Iʻm no hater just stating the obvious...a hui hou....which means till next time in hawaiian

Yep that is what has been the issue with all these cases - not Roger's power but the process. Berman never said that Roger could not hear the appeal and issue discipline but found fault in the process of the appeal as well as the fact that Brady was never made aware of the discipline for his offense, this is the same as Peterson.

Correct.  Such process should have gone like such-  Goodell to Mr. Wells conducting the investigation..."Tell Mr Brady to hand over to you ALL relevant text and voice messages to any party concerning any pre game or game information by xx/xx/2015 date or he will be subject to additional fines of $xxx.xx and suspension for xx days for conduct detrimental by obstructing an official NFL investigation" ... as one example.

Judge Berman basically instructed the NFL how to handle its business for the future. And Tom Brady was NOT found innocent, just that the award was vacated on procedural technicalities, not innocence of Brady's alleged conduct.  Period.  And there is that small chance that deference to the ruling of the commisioner will be upheld on appeal a year or so down the road.  Who knows, and who cares at this point. Brady might be retiring by then as well.

Berman's ruling was on process but it was clear to anyone who listening to or read the court hearings that he did not find any evidence of Brady's guilt and Daniel Nash concurred with him.

Really?  than explain this statement in Judge Bermans order-

"An arbitrator's factual findings are generally not open to judicial challenge, and we accept the facts as the arbitrator found them."

Then find and copy/paste the words where Berman says that Brady was innocent

Here__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Revenge is whatʻs going to happen whether you like it or not...the media will hype this leading up to that game, Iʻm no hater just stating the obvious...a hui hou....which means till next time in hawaiian

Revenge is a word used from fans and the media. The players play their game to their best of their ability and once the coin is flipped it makes no difference.

The season will be over before there's an absolute resolution to this.  

The NFL really screwed up not suspending Brady 8 or 10 games in hopes it would settle to 4.  

But then again the CBA allows Goodell to handle the punishments and the arbitrations. 

I don't see how this judge isn't overstepping.  

Did they even review the CBA?

Apparently, CBAs by the NFL & NFLPA are not seen as binding contracts by U.S. Court system when it comes to doling out disciplinary actions. The courts now acknowledge, by their own actions, that they are the superior intellect when it comes to such matters. So, watch out NFL fans. The onslaught of Pandora's box has just opened to cataclysmic proportions.

Posted Today, 03:00 PM

NFLfan, on 03 Sept 2015 - 1:23 PM, said:snapback.png

Do you think it is over? I sure hope so. I think many people are tired of hearing and reading about this. I don't like the decision and it does not change my mind about Brady's involvement in deflating footballs; however, it is what it is. If this means an end to Deflategate, I am pleased.

I wonder if McNally and Jastremski will get their jobs back...

Amen to that NFLfan. I am not interested in guilt, innocence, or contempt anymore. It's all water under the bridge now. Yes, I would suspect both Mr. Jastremski & Mr. McNally get their Patriot positions back without incident or any further delay. 

I did ponder what Sean Payton must be thinking right now Bogie especially Gregg Williams as Berman's decision came down today. They must be in complete disbelief now. Your club has a right to be frustrated Bogie. I sure would be upset if I was Saints management. The question is who are they more angry at? Themselves for capitulating to Goodell without a fight or ownership for not keeping closer tabs on what his employees/subordinates were actually doing? 

What I wanna know is this: Does this decision open the flood gates on punching holes in CBA regulations as they pertain to player discipline issues now? It sure feels like it. I wonder if any owner will criticize Goodell publicly now excluding Robert Kraft of course. 

Actually, my friends NFLFan and SW1. They will not get their jobs back.  In the letter to Bob Kraft punishing the Patriots, (which Kraft accepted), this was also included-

"Neither [McNally nor Jastremski] may be reinstated without my prior approval. If and when he resumes working for the Patriots, Mr. Jastremski is prohibited from having any role in the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs to be used in NFL games during the 2015 season

Mr. McNally is barred from serving as a locker room attendant for the game officials, or having any involvement with preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs or any other equipment on game day."

So I very much doubt either will have a job with the Patriots henceforth...

Judge says if you haven't suspended for something before, then you can never suspend someone for said conduct because the notice is inadequate.  Judge promptly, without notice, inserts the words "letter of the law" into the CBA.  Nice touch, judge.

I do  not know how any employer can itemize every infraction and penalty any employee could ever contemplate committing, no matter how obscure.

ACME Union - "Only commit infractions never committed before... we can handle it in the courts from there to get you out of hot water..."