Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

I know I am right, what are you watching? Werner sucks, and at least Adongo is fast around the corner and plays ST.

He needs to spend an offseason with Mathis to learn how to dip under or spin move his speed is perfect for it other than that he's strong enough for a bull rush

He needs to spend an offseason with Mathis to learn how to dip under or spin move his speed is perfect for it other than that he's strong enough for a bull rush

I completely agree with you. Use that speed to your advantage.

I get what you're trying to say, but at 6'5 I doubt he's going to be doing too much "dipping".  haha.

Oh I didn't even realize his height haha how tall is Mathis??

I thought he was around 6, but he's listed at 6'2.  Not as great a difference as I first thought.

I thought he was around 6, but he's listed at 6'2. Not as great a difference as I first thought.

Well Adongo could still learn the spin move or master a swim move he just needs a signature move

Anybody wonder if McGrath makes the team over Doyle?

No McGrath blocking is weak compared to Doyle and Doyle is a better pass catcher

Well Adongo could still learn the spin move or master a swim move he just needs a signature move

Yep.  Agree.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It's funny, Luck's two highest passing games last year were against Houston.  It seems like Reich and Sirianni have Crennel's D figured out pretty well.
    • The chiefs might worry more about his ankle.
    • Don't forget the lack of touch on his passes.   But I guess that would be included in "etc.."    Too many flaws to list them all!    He's not the perfect, mistake-free QB yet, ........ ......but I'm sure you will let us know when he gets there!
    • And I feel like he and Braden Smith work well together on the right side with stunts. They seem to communicate well and play well off each other which is huge for an OL.    Unless there is an obvious upgrade available in the 4/5th round range in the 2020 draft, I'd say we should be good at starting RG. We should still add better depth on the OL though, especially at OT. 
    • Glow is struggling a bit with the new coach's philosophy and technique.  He still seems good in a phone booth but when he has to move first to engage is where he seems to be struggling to get proper position on the defender.   A couple of examples.  I think it was against the Raiders the DT lined up on Glow's right shoulder, the play called for Glow to get to the defenders left shoulder but Glow over extended himself and did not stay square to the LOS.  The result was the DT, looped towards Glow's left shoulder and got in the backfield nearly untouched.   On another play, the blocking called for Glow and Smith to crash left but there was a DT directly over glow, a near impossible distance to Smith to cover.  Glow's technique should have been to extend his arm while moving to the left to slow the guy over him and give Smith a chance to get into position.  But again, Glow turned his body too far and did not even attempt to get a hand on the DT.  The result was the guy Smith as supposed to get blew the play up in the backfield.   Another issue that Glow is having to deal with is teams are not lining someone over Nelson very often, so they shift towards the offensive right side so Kelly got not help with Glow as much as he did last year.   Lastly, a lot of the technique in this blocking scheme requires excellent balance and playing with the ball of the foot and heel being in contact with the ground at the same time.  And Glow seems to be thinking a lot about his body position and foot placement, so his mirroring ability and hand placement are suffering.
  • Members

• BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792 1,412

• PureLuck

PureLuck 100

• dew5150

dew5150 139

• Reich_MVP

Reich_MVP 2

Rookie
    • Holden89

Holden89 315