Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Bengals Preseason Game Night Thread

False he actually went into contact just didn't win

No he didn't, and I'm not just talking about that last play. 

Tell me about it 4 and inches and he's punting in the preseason

Meh.  I'd rather punt it than get any of my O-Line hurt.

Anderson with a nice QB hit

..or not lol. Looked like he got him, but replay shows otherwise. 

Adongo looks quick.

Looked that way every game but doesn't seem to know any moves on how to take advantage of it.

Looked that way every game but doesn't seem to know any moves on how to take advantage of it.

Yeah, that's Dongo...fast, big and strong with no clue what to do on the field and another injury just waiting to happen.

Yup, Booms shoulder and Ballard's hammy. That's what we need

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Maybe at first, but in the spirit of cordial dialog/rebuttal here, we both do expand on our opinions and maybe even come closer to the center in so doing.
    • I'd recommend watching some of his college highlights. I watch a lot of both Big10 and SEC football, and any team that routinely plays ND. Unfortunately or fortunately lol I have several buds that huge Auburn fans, so I've both watch a lot of games, and heard a lot.   Not sure how you can say he wouldn't make a better OG, if you've never seen him play OG.   Here's NFL.com's combine rating on him.    
    • Nice effort, I like most of the picks, but YUTER.... (Sheeze, who names their kid Yuter) May go top 20.   I think we need a DT ASAP in the next draft
    • Making it work through athleticism is an incorrect statement and does a huge disservice to Smith.  Smith is making it work at tackle by working hard and becoming a tackle.  I'm not sure what makes a "true tackle" but to me a guy that plays tackle and plays it very well is as much of a true tackle as anyone else. As far as AC (or AT if you prefer  ) aging... yup, every player on the team is aging so that is not a shock.  But he is still just 30 and tackles often play into their mid to late 30s so that is not much of a concern.  Not to say they won't draft a tackle in the next couple of drafts, but I doubt they will try to find a starting tackle in the next couple of drafts.
    • I didn't watch him much in college, I typically watch Big 10 football but I have watched him closely in the NFL and if the "experts" think he would make a better guard then yes I disagree with them.  While he would be a good guard in a zone blocking scheme like the Colts use, his lack of lower body strength and quick hand punch off the snap would hamper him going against NFL DTs.  Additionally, Smith does better when he has a bit of space to work with before engaging and that would not happen often at RG. Again what "most" people on this board or in general think has no relevance on anything.  It's not unheard of for a tackle to move spots but it is uncommon, it's happening a bit more in the past few years as the skillsets for RT and LT are becoming closer because it's not just the LT that is dealing with the speed rushers, but it's still not preferred among oline coaches and teams.  that is why guys like Haeg are considered valuable assets to a team, he's not a great lineman but he is good and he can switch sides seamlessly and that is rare.
  • Members