Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Now Have To Convince Luck To Come To Indy

I don't think that Peyton will play 4 more years! I think 3 at best, more likely is that he will retire after 2 more seasons.

But that's not based on anything. I could say, "I think he will play out his contract, and then feel so good that he asks for an extension!!!#!$!%!&!&!%!!&111" and it holds no less water based on the facts.

I second that.My draft pick is in,and i'm going with David DeCastro,after a tradedown.I'm going with a certain H.O.F. imo.

He's good, but to call him and not Luck a "certain hall of famer" (especially since Luck is seen as a better prospect for his position) seems a little wrong to me.

Yes,i know that alot of people would be angry,if we selected him(DD),especially if we didn't tradedown.

Selecting him with the #1 overall would just be irresponsible. The #1 is worth a LOT of value, and David DeCastro could be had for much less. Unless Jim Irsay wants to become the new Al Davis, DeCastro will never be a #1.

That's why i want the tradedown.He might last until the 25th selection.

Ha! We thought you meant we should take him with the #1!

We don't know who has the 25th selection at the moment. Is that where you think the Falcons will end up (pick owned by the Browns)?

Don't forget that there's a Polian on the Stanford staff. Now that we fired both of them here, the other Polian may just steer Luck away by telling him "look, they'll do you over no matter what you've done for them". Luck can easily get out of coming to Indy if he wants by forcing a trade or waiting another year. He has to figure in the fact that the Colts have no rushing offense which is the opposite of what he's been playing with at Stanford.

Don't forget that there's a Polian on the Stanford staff. Now that we fired both of them here, the other Polian may just steer Luck away by telling him "look, they'll do you over no matter what you've done for them". Luck can easily get out of coming to Indy if he wants by forcing a trade or waiting another year. He has to figure in the fact that the Colts have no rushing offense which is the opposite of what he's been playing with at Stanford.

I highly doubt he will persuade luck away from Indy. His father may buy polian I don't think so.

I cannot believe we have to make crazy promises to get a unproven rookie to come to Indianapolis. This isn't the Iraqi nationals team when Saddam would have killed you if you messed up!

There has to be a deal made that will lure Luck to Indy...More so than the regular rookie deal

Asking him to back up Manning for 4 years.....may not appeal to him...

I still think we offer him two years...with an agreement to resign him to Manning money if Peyton is not healthy

..levaing us the option of trading him if Manning can play 5-6 more years...

Understand that you cant just offer Luck a 50-50 chance of 4 years of holding a clipboard.

Does anybody think he'd sign that?