Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Players Colts Could Look At

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that we have announced cutting Quarles, and then no one else for a while now....... wonder what we are waiting to see from other teams, if anything.....

If by "we" you mean the Colts, they did not make the announcement.  He tweeted it out himself.

Red Bryant, defensive end got cut by the Bills, real good against the run and great player for Seattle for a number of years. I know he hasn't played in a 3-4 but it wouldn't hurt to sign him for cheap. 31 years old still should have a couple good years left. he could give us some depth with Jones being out for the season

John Crockett was released by the Packers. I know the last thing we need is another running back, but several people were high on him coming out of college.

I really liked him, of course he has his ups and downs, was hoping Grigs would sign him as a UDFA

John Crockett was released by the Packers. I know the last thing we need is another running back, but several people were high on him coming out of college.

As was Jared Abbrederis. Another name I saw a lot of around here. Looks like they're hoping he makes it to their practice squad. Remember everyone, every team has to make these cuts and the other fan bases are going through very similar situations so be sure to take a breath and relax a little, haha.

As was Jared Abbrederis. Another name I saw a lot of around here. Looks like they're hoping he makes it to their practice squad. Remember everyone, every team has to make these cuts and the other fan bases are going through very similar situations so be sure to take a breath and relax a little, haha.

Yes his name was floated around a lot as well. I also couldn't agree with the later part of your post enough.

No reason at all to believe that is true.

What did he to prove to us while he was here? What did he really show us? He played his position at a very avg level majority of the time. He had 3 years to show his worth and that he's getting better. He didn't do that, so he's gone. You're only gonna get so long. And this year he was getting outplayed and outshined by other players at his position on the roster so he didn't make the cut. Best of luck to him elsewhere though.

I think we should look at Red Bryant. We need a pure run stuffer. The question is if he can still play like he did with Seattle a couple years ago. Then I really hope we pick up Louis Nix. He had an injury, but I still don't get why Houston gave up on a guy with his talent. He was considered a top 10-20 pick for a while. And its not like he's played and sucked. It wouldn't hurt to pick him up. Especially where he went to ND. As for Gerrod Holliman. If somebody could teach that kid how to tackle he could be a superstar. This may sound crazy but he had the best ball skills in this years draft class among safeties.

What did he to prove to us while he was here? What did he really show us? .

That he was one of the very few guys on the roster that could play in a 2 gap defense. And I think him being cut, along with hughes, and considering the guys still on the roster...I don't think they're going to be doing much, if any, 2 gapping going forward.