Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Players Colts Could Look At

chad72

Tim Jennings was let go because he's bad. He did his best as a zone corner in a pretty good Cover 2. The Bears are now going to be a man coverage defense, and he doesn't fit. 

Just say NO to Tim Jennings.

Being bad has not stopped Grigson from signing players in the past. Grigson signed Laron Landry, whom was horrible. Unless Jennings has slowed down, I wouldn't mind getting Tim back here

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't this team just draft L Collins in the late rounds?  I will never understand that...     at a position on paramount need?  

Once Luck is paid this team is going to have to take chances on iffy playfers.     or ....   it they just wont get over the hump.   Not nearly enough young talent on this D.      And OL for that matter.   

Oh well...

If you didʻnt notice no other team took him...they were not sure if he was involved in that murder of pregnant women...can you really blame him? Iʻm not backing him up heʻs made quite a few BAD moves but this aint one of them

Being bad has not stopped Grigson from signing players in the past. Grigson signed Laron Landry, whom was horrible. Unless Jennings has slowed down, I wouldn't mind getting Tim back here

'We signed other bad players, might as well sign him.' 

If that's the strongest case you can make, it's time to give up on the idea.

Tim Jennings was let go because he's bad. He did his best as a zone corner in a pretty good Cover 2. The Bears are now going to be a man coverage defense, and he doesn't fit.

Just say NO to Tim Jennings.

I can see Tim Jennings sign with the Cowboys.

Landry was bad in Indy. He did make the pro bowl somehow, the year before he was signed by the Colts.

I highly doubt any tackle that has starting potential is getting released in the first round of cuts.

You never know. The Cowboys could have an amazing O-lineman waiting in the wings but nobody ever knew because he didn't get to play since their starting line is so good. 

Stranger things have happened. 

Lets go for a RT and move Mewhort back to LG. 

Everyone said that Mewhort did well this past weekend.  I saw him struggling for life.  That is why he played longer into the second half (Louis too)

I was also miffed at the way Reitz played, but we know he can do better.

You never know. The Cowboys could have an amazing O-lineman waiting in the wings but nobody ever knew because he didn't get to play since their starting line is so good. 

Stranger things have happened. 

Possible, but unlikely.  I think if a team had a surplus of quality linemen, they would be traded not released at this time.  There are a lot of teams that need help on the offensive line and would be willing to give up picks rather than their luck at the waiver wire.

Although I do believe there could be potential starters released in the next round of cuts.

Andy Levitre has been demoted to second string playing RG for the Titans. They would have to eat 6.5M this year if they release him, but get back cap space next year. Everyone on this board wanted him, he signed for big money and has been a bust in Tenn. If he is released, he will only get the veterans minimum. He was bad last year, and bad in camp, thus the demotion. Would it be worth bringing him in and seeing if a new team could restart the career? Still relatively young, 29-30 I believe. Sometimes playing on a losing team just saps players performance. It should not happen, but I have seen many players who went for the money, played poorly on a losing team they went to, cut and then rejuvenated their career. He was really good in Buffalo. What do you think if he cut which I do believe will happen. Grigson is going to be looking for a guard and tackle on the Saturday cutdown day.

To bring guys in you want them to be an upgrade at the position obviously.

I don't see Jennings as an upgrade. I don't see CB as a weak link. We have Vontae Toler Butler Brown, Sheldon hasn'!t looked bad and our rookie Smith. I doubt we do better at cuts.

Phil Taylor has knee problems. He has missed 20 games the last 3 seasons. It sounds like he's not going to be ready week 1. I guess it wouldn't hurt to look but I am not excited.

There are a couple of teams I'm interested to see how they get to 53. with their D Line. St. Loiis is one.

Levtre will be worth a look if he's cut. I think we really need to be looking for T depth. This is the one group we might find better depth at cuts. Our other groups are pretty solid.

When it comes to our 53 unless we findi an OT. I think it will be difficult to upgrade at this point. Maybe we get lucky on DLine but we are pretty deep there. I'd think Quarles might surprise if he even makes it

We have some tough calls to hit 53 with the exception of OT it's not an easy team to make.

Ross Cockrell CB released by the Bills

Kenny Ladler S released by the Bills

Khairi Fortt OLB released by the Jags

Joe Vellano DL released by the Pats

Josh Harper WR released by the Raiders

Robert Herron WR released by the Bucs

Joe Kruger DL released by the Steelers

Derrick Lott DT/DE released by the Titans

Just to name a few guys that would be good additions to possibly the practice squad.

What do people think about Da'Quan Bowers?  He's 6'4", 288 lbs, and has failed to show any of the explosion he had that made him a potential #1 overall pick before his knee stuff came out.  Could he be a cheap depth guy along the DL?  Or is he completely unsuited for a 3-4 DL position?

I guess he played well last night, but it wasn't enough to save his job. We're in a 4-3 half the time, or more. So I thinks it's a question of can he be better than our last guy at that position?

I'm not sure what his salary is, there's that to consider if he's a backup.

I guess he played well last night, but it wasn't enough to save his job. We're in a 4-3 half the time, or more. So I thinks it's a question of can he be better than our last guy at that position?

I'm not sure what his salary is, there's that to consider if he's a backup.

He's been cut by the Bucs, so we could sign him at any price.  I think we might be able to get him for vet min (maybe a bit more), given how underwhelming he's been his entire career.

Typically, if a guy is cut in this round he's not very good but I would not mind if the Colts signed J.D. Walton.  After being a 3rd round pick, he was a three year starter for the Broncos until a dislocated ankle and than an infection that kept his rehab going.  But last year he was a 16 game starter for the Giants and he's only 28.

He could be a more solid back-up center than Harrison and he could also be a good back-up guard as well.

I just can't make myself like Harrison.

Cyril Richardson OG- solid guard in college personally thought he was a late 2nd to early 4th rounder.

Louis Nix NT- Just the potential alone should have Grigs wanting to kick the tires.

John Moffitt OG- he played solid against us and was a former 3rd round pick.

Raheem Mostert RB- Solid punt and kick returner, also broke off a couple nice runs, I believe he was one of Superman's picks for a return man.

Matt Shaugnessy DE/DT- Solid D-lineman for the Cards the past two seasons, he did miss 8 games last year with an injury though.

Ben Gardner DE- Solid Stanford D-lineman, I personally thought he played well for the Cowboys this preseason. I think he was cut due to the amount of other talent Dallas has the D-line.

Louis Nix would make it easier to cut Chapman now rather than waiting till his contract expires. Then you have Nix and Parry at NT, which doesn't sound bad at all.

Also, any news on Shea McClellin from Chicago? I've always wanted him to get a shot with the Colts.

What has Nix done to make you think he is better than Chapman?

I have news on Shea McClellin: he sucks

Why didn't this team just draft L Collins in the late rounds?  I will never understand that...     at a position on paramount need?  

Once Luck is paid this team is going to have to take chances on iffy playfers.     or ....   it they just wont get over the hump.   Not nearly enough young talent on this D.      And OL for that matter.   

Oh well...

The Collins thing seems to stay on your radar............   

It wouldve been nice......  but it isnt going to happen

I agree on the OL. I still think we need a pile moving G

I agree on the DL........ my gut tells me we are still a guy short.... but..... there are a large group of youg guys there

What has Nix done to make you think he is better than Chapman?

I have news on Shea McClellin: he sucks

"What has Nix done to make you think he is better than Chapman?"

He isn't but he does have slightly higher potential if healthy, He is a bit more mobile then Chapman