Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is There A Free Agent At Og Coming....

indyagent17

If healthy I'd have no problem seeing if Jake Long could play LG, I think he has the nasty streak needed for it and is mobile enough. I don't know how he would handle all the different types of blitzes and stunts but I think he is smart enough and technically sound enough it just might work.....Otherwise Lance Louis it is

Lance Louis is our weak link. He repeatedly got embarrassed against the Rams.

I agree with the bolded.

Collins was a sure-fire first rounder, until. Now they got him at 10% of the cost, and without using a pick. Why, in the name of everything wonderful, would they trade him for a 7th rounder and a waiver wire WR?

I know I am knit picking, but the Cowboys really did not get him at the reduced cost mentioned, since Collins was able to shop his services after teams knew he would not be arrested. He was a 1st rounder who was highly sought after, and got good money! If Collins went late in the first round he would have made around 2M/yr, with 4 yr. contract. Dallas gave him a 2 yr. deal, at I believe 1.55M, and it was fully guaranteed. So he really did not lose too much unless he had gone in the top 15. I would love to trade for him as a guard, and the fact the Cowboys only have him for two years, and still have to extend Frederick, and their RG from ND who's name escapes me, and have already given a huge contract to their LT makes me wonder about Collins Long term for them. You can only pay so many offensive limeman. With just their LT, LG, and C, once all the extensions are done, which is a few years off, you are talking 30-35M minimum a year for the three players!

I don't think we have stuck with the same 5 from OTA's until now to grab a guy off the street and throw him in there.

Castonzo Louis Holmes Hereeman Mewhort is how we are rolling. I think spending all that time together is going to be huge.

The O Line is going to be fine. It won't be perfect so no worries you will still be able to find a play or two each week to complain about.

We keep Harrison Thorton Reitz maybe bring in someone to fill a reserve spot.

I want to see Arkin on Thursday. Maybe he will stick. I think Good goes to the PS. He isn't ready

I would be looking for depth at T not G.

I know I am knit picking, but the Cowboys really did not get him at the reduced cost mentioned, since Collins was able to shop his services after teams knew he would not be arrested. He was a 1st rounder who was highly sought after, and got good money! If Collins went late in the first round he would have made around 2M/yr, with 4 yr. contract. Dallas gave him a 2 yr. deal, at I believe 1.55M, and it was fully guaranteed. So he really did not lose too much unless he had gone in the top 15. I would love to trade for him as a guard, and the fact the Cowboys only have him for two years, and still have to extend Frederick, and their RG from ND who's name escapes me, and have already given a huge contract to their LT makes me wonder about Collins Long term for them. You can only pay so many offensive limeman. With just their LT, LG, and C, once all the extensions are done, which is a few years off, you are talking 30-35M minimum a year for the three players!

Collins signed a three year deal for just under $1.6m, with a $21K signing bonus. After that, he'll be a restricted free agent, and the Cowboys can control his rights for a fourth year for around $3.5m, at the highest level. Because he's a UDFA, they can extend him after just two years, and he's definitely going to ask for that.

If he was the 20th pick in the first round, for instance (which is probably lower than he would have been drafted, but let's go with it), he would have received a four year deal for $9.4m, almost fully guaranteed, with a $5m signing bonus. He would have made about $5.5m cash in his first two years. He's going to make about $1m in his first two years as a UDFA.

He lost a lot of money.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/lael-collins/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nelson-agholor/

Well I saw it in slo-mo HD at home, and here with my laptop I went to see it again here-

http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Aaron-Donald-Registers-Three-Consecutive-Tackles/1dd4ccd1-0853-4482-b84c-b21616c6510e

Then I took snaps.

Red arrow is Donald. Yellow Arrow is Castonzo, Green Arrow is Brockers, Pink Arrow is Harrison (Louis gets the clear Arrow as he whiffed on the play)  Here we go-

Donald1_zpsoot9qwto.png

Donald3_zpssyu7o4zg.png

Donald4_zpsuqlcnmqu.png

Donald5_zps4qpzmwya.png

Donald6_zpslejwnpdq.png

I stand by my original statement. Donald beat AC, while Brockers destroyed Harrison on the same play.

Good call, it appears you were correct.  I will need to watch it again as well.  I was going mainly off what the announcers were saying that donald was moving down the line from his right to left and he took louis, harrison and Herremans.  But according to your snap shots it looks like they incorrectly gave credit to Donald for blowing up the second run play when it really was the guy over Harrison that wreaked the havoc in the backfield.

Collins signed a three year deal for just under $1.6m, with a $21K signing bonus. After that, he'll be a restricted free agent, and the Cowboys can control his rights for a fourth year for around $3.5m, at the highest level. Because he's a UDFA, they can extend him after just two years, and he's definitely going to ask for that.

If he was the 20th pick in the first round, for instance (which is probably lower than he would have been drafted, but let's go with it), he would have received a four year deal for $9.4m, almost fully guaranteed, with a $5m signing bonus. He would have made about $5.5m cash in his first two years. He's going to make about $1m in his first two years as a UDFA.

He lost a lot of money.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/lael-collins/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nelson-agholor/

I really think the Colts dropped the ball by not drafting him with a seventh round pick no matter what his agent had to say.

I really think the Colts dropped the ball by not drafting him with a seventh round pick no matter what his agent had to say.

No One drafted the guy. There was obviously an agreement in the league that the guy was off limits or someone would have taken a chance on him. I really don't see how people don't get that. Then he picked where he wanted to play as an UDFA at a huge pay cut.  Superman has already shown how much money he lost.

It may not be fair or you may not have liked how it went down but it is clearly obvious taking him late in the draft wasn't an option for anyone.

Do you really think all 32 teams pass on a 1st round talent in the 6th or 7th round because of his agents threats? C'mon man can we try to use some critical thinking skills on this board just once in a while? This board doesn't just cry over spilled milk they drown in it.

No One drafted the guy. There was obviously an agreement in the league that the guy was off limits or someone would have taken a chance on him. I really don't see how people don't get that. Then he picked where he wanted to play as an UDFA at a huge pay cut.  Superman has already shown how much money he lost.

It may not be fair or you may not have liked how it went down but it is clearly obvious taking him late in the draft wasn't an option for anyone.

Do you really think all 32 teams pass on a 1st round talent in the 6th or 7th round because of his agents threats? C'mon man can we try to use some critical thinking skills on this board just once in a while? This board doesn't just cry over spilled milk they drown in it.

If what you are saying is true then there will be a huge lawsuit because that is collusion if that is what happened. I would really doubt that it did.

If what you are saying is true then there will be a huge lawsuit because that is collusion if that is what happened. I would really doubt that it did.

So you believe that none of the 32 GM's thought it would be prudent to take a flier on a 1st round talent in the 7th round none of them??? That seems reasonable to me.

So you believe that none of the 32 GM's thought it would be prudent to take a flier on a 1st round talent in the 7th round none of them??? That seems reasonable to me.

I think you might be right but if you are then that is collusion and it is not legal. They colluded to cost this man a lot of money. If I were him, I would have the players association look into it and consider an enormous suit against all 32 teams. What would you call it if you are right and it was an unspoken agreement not to draft him?

I doubt it because I don't think you can get all 32 teams to agree on much of anything much less this. I think an investigation would ask the Colts why, being a team with all kinds of offensive line problems that they didn't take a chance and draft this man in the seventh round. I don't think they could provide a good answer to that unless they want to claim that their GM is just not very good.

I think you might be right but if you are then that is collusion and it is not legal. They colluded to cost this man a lot of money. If I were him, I would have the players association look into it and consider an enormous suit against all 32 teams. What would you call it if you are right and it was an unspoken agreement not to draft him?

I doubt it because I don't think you can get all 32 teams to agree on much of anything much less this. I think an investigation would ask the Colts why, being a team with all kinds of offensive line problems that they didn't take a chance and draft this man in the seventh round. I don't think they could provide a good answer to that unless they want to claim that their GM is just not very good.

I would call it "he got what he asked for".

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/15/lael-collins-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-murder-investigation

His agents didn't want him to be drafted. At least 6 teams threatened to draft him, but backed off. There was no collusion. This is what they wanted.