Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Jones

TYtheMan13

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's much of a basis to say he's great. When has he been great? Or, to put it another way, when has he NOT been injured? Rarely.

Truth is he's done no more than what we would expect from any of our DTs since he's been here. If that.

He may have been great at one time, but not here. Injuries happen, I hope he recovers, but let's face it, we're missing nothing if he's out.

Art is a great player when healthy, but the history of guys leaving the Ravens defense and going elsewhere is not good. Kim Herring, Ed Hartwell, A.Thomas, Ellerbe , Bart Scott. Kruger has done well for Cleveland , so hopefully Art will get healthy and play up to his contract.

It seems like the Ravens org has the 'magic touch' on when to let guys walk...they know when the player is in decline.

Truth is he's done no more than what we would expect from any of our DTs since he's been here. If that.

He may have been great at one time, but not here. Injuries happen, I hope he recovers, but let's face it, we're missing nothing if he's out.

IIRC, the run defense was significantly better last year when Jones was in the lineup vs when he was out.

This is good. Hopefully it is just a bruise or something of that nature. He will have a couple weeks to rest.

Not a doctor but I don't think a clean X ray rules out a sprain . I think maybe a real severe one , but still could be a high ankle sprain that might keep him out of the first 3-4 games. It appears that they brought him back too quickly last year and it pretty much destroyed 2014. 

IMO , Colts have a little DL depth and it might be prudent to make sure he's 100% rather than rush him back.

Another busted Grigson FA signing. This Grigson sure loves throwing money at players that cannot stat healthy. 

I don't know how you can blame Grigs on Jones not staying healthy.  To my knowledge Jones didn't have a huge injury history prior.  If you wanna blame him for the T-Rich trade, go right ahead since he gave up picks and such for an unproven guy who was a bust. Or drafting Werner in the 1st round.  But not on Jones.

IIRC, the run defense was significantly better last year when Jones was in the lineup vs when he was out.

I must have missed that game.

J/K, I know he helps in the run game. I'm just saying he's been out more than in, so it's not like we're really missing him.

BTW, he played against NE in the playoffs, right? Obviously, we need him and a few others to step up.

I just hope he takes his time coming back and is fully healed.

I must have missed that game.

J/K, I know he helps in the run game. I'm just saying he's been out more than in, so it's not like we're really missing him.

BTW, he played against NE in the playoffs, right? Obviously, we need him and a few others to step up.

I just hope he takes his time coming back and is fully healed.

Got it.  The whole team needs to step up vs the NE run game.

Hopefully he's not too hurt, or out long..but IF he is then our Dline Depth will really be tested (run defense could be bad especially the first 2 weeks against running teams)...I realize Anderson would take his place but then who do you guys think will rotate with Anderson? does this mean we should keep 7 DL?!

I would think we'd have to......this is a loss in a weak spot..for us......

....we were counting on him

1. Mike Chappell @mchappell51 18m18 minutes ago

If #colts Art Jones has injury to left ankle similar to right ankle in '14, expect him to miss 5-6 wks. Missed 5 gms in '14. Never the same

I don't know how you can blame Grigs on Jones not staying healthy. To my knowledge Jones didn't have a huge injury history prior. If you wanna blame him for the T-Rich trade, go right ahead since he gave up picks and such for an unproven guy who was a bust. Or drafting Werner in the 1st round. But not on Jones.

Don't you know anything that goes wrong is on Grig's?

Another busted Grigson FA signing. This Grigson sure loves throwing money at players that cannot stat healthy. 

Another genius after the fact.    

Grigson should've known Jones would be hurt his first two years!    Everyone on the planet knew it except Grigson. 

Great insight!           :facepalm:

Such dainty ankles.

I can't wait for him to return just to underperform on the field and then blame this injury for his poor performance in the offseason.

Dainty ankles? He was rolled up on. I'd like to see how your ankle holds up after a 300+ lbs lineman lands on it.

I don't think we can put this one all on Grigson....Jones is an ex-Raven, Chuck is an ex-Raven...probably some lobbying going on by Chuck to get Jones to Indy.  Then Jones arrives for his 1st Indy camp looking to make an impression...and he did, reporting in at 350+...it takes him ages to get to a "reasonable" playing weight and then gets injured, perhaps overweight being a factor.

So year 2 comes around highlighted by Jones chasing ice-cream trucks in training camp, SUPPOSEDLY getting his weight down (maybe not, numbers could be fudged) and Jones hits another ankle injury in pre-season, sending him out for a few weeks.

Why should the Colts org bother to spend any more time and effort on this guy? not to mention the wasted money ($7.1M this year, $5.6M last year). He is 29 y/o this June, 30 y/o next June.  Maybe...not...a...keeper.

Such dainty ankles.

I can't wait for him to return just to underperform on the field and then blame this injury for his poor performance in the offseason.

Wait.  Are we talking about Art Jones or Werner??

I'd hate to put them both in the same class.  I really would.