Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Rams Preseason Game Night Thread

That's the fastest I've seen Walden run. Despite everything that has been said about him he is worth the money.

Worth the money is a fair point of contention, but he's not the bust some have made him out to be.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Making it work through athleticism is an incorrect statement and does a huge disservice to Smith.  Smith is making it work at tackle by working hard and becoming a tackle.  I'm not sure what makes a "true tackle" but to me a guy that plays tackle and plays it very well is as much of a true tackle as anyone else. As far as AC (or AT if you prefer  ) aging... yup, every player on the team is aging so that is not a shock.  But he is still just 30 and tackles often play into their mid to late 30s so that is not much of a concern.  Not to say they won't draft a tackle in the next couple of drafts, but I doubt they will try to find a starting tackle in the next couple of drafts.
    • I didn't watch him much in college, I typically watch Big 10 football but I have watched him closely in the NFL and if the "experts" think he would make a better guard then yes I disagree with them.  While he would be a good guard in a zone blocking scheme like the Colts use, his lack of lower body strength and quick hand punch off the snap would hamper him going against NFL DTs.  Additionally, Smith does better when he has a bit of space to work with before engaging and that would not happen often at RG. Again what "most" people on this board or in general think has no relevance on anything.  It's not unheard of for a tackle to move spots but it is uncommon, it's happening a bit more in the past few years as the skillsets for RT and LT are becoming closer because it's not just the LT that is dealing with the speed rushers, but it's still not preferred among oline coaches and teams.  that is why guys like Haeg are considered valuable assets to a team, he's not a great lineman but he is good and he can switch sides seamlessly and that is rare.
    • Or maybe it's because he didnt claim Brissett "panicked" or act like he knows how good his vision is, and he isnt commenting on his read progressions.....you know things he couldnt possibly know anything about and dont show up on the film anyways.    
    • That was my thoughts.  If he was looking to Pascal first (and I'm sure he was), they had high / low bracket coverage, with low guy moving to Pascal but ready to reverse and cover Mack in the flat if he checks down. Big Q has his guy locked up right in the throwing lane to T.Y. but in position to bat down a pass. JB7 pulls it back here. He looks right (that extra 1/2 second) and both receivers are locked up (and actually one falling down in the end zone).   https://imgur.com/AYob5ov   Then decides to escape.     I think he waited a 1/2 second too long to leave.  He would have caused major issues to the defender covering the under receiver had JB7 escaped first and looked at the his options down field second.  Ryan Kelly just couldn't keep Chris Jones engaged long enough and thus he was on JB7 quickly forcing the throwaway once JB7 escaped the tackle box.   https://imgur.com/eXTWsJG   Maybe Glow is also inhibiting JB7's escape route too.   https://imgur.com/5Zk7Ttw     That was my feeling. I'd rather try again on 3rd down, or end up with 3 points (the end result), rather than turn over the ball and momentum by forcing it to Pascal there and getting a pick.  I'm not debating other times or other items he has to improve (but I'd like to see them on video before I join the criticism), just saw this one differently is all.   I think Reich has to devise and disguise the plays downfield better. And the young WR guys have to learn the plays and improve running the route tree.
    • Draft   23: R1P23 DL JAVON KINLAW SOUTH CAROLINA   35: R2P3 QB JORDAN LOVE UTAH STATE   55: R2P23 OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON   87: R3P23 LB TROY DYE OREGON   129: R4P23 S J.R. REED GEORGIA   166: R5P22 G NICK HARRIS WASHINGTON   201: R6P23 CB ESSANG BASSEY WAKE FOREST   203: R6P25 WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. USC   236: R7P23 CB KINDLE VILDOR GEORGIA SOUTHERN   As far as FA is concerned with our own players -TE: I'm not signing both Ebron and Doyle to big contracts. I'd pick one. Even with Ebron's drops, he still has more yards and TDs with the same amount of targets as Doyle. I'd probably resign Ebron and MAC, and let Doyle go unless he's will to sign a very friendly contract.   -WR: We'll have a decision to make with Funch depending on how well he does when he comes back. Both Pascal and Rogers are FAs, and I'd definitely try to upgrade at least one. Position wise, I think Rogers is more flexible, so I'd likely keep him if any. Really hoping Fountain comes back strong. Love what we were seeing from him.   -DE: Sheard? I just don't know. We need an upgrade at DE. Stinks that Turay is losing time due to injury. Regardless, I think I'd resign Sheard if it's a team friendly deal.   
  • Members