Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Rams Preseason Game Night Thread

Good work tonight Colts.  If you are going to win a game in the preseason...the dress rehearsal game is the one to get.  Thumbs up.

Good job tonite overall I think.  Nice to see us come away with the win, but more importantly, a good look as to what to expect during the regular season. Let's keep it going now !!!

What station are you watching on? Those aren't the announcers here. Are you near st louis?

No, east coast, but I was watching on line the game called by Rams hommers. In Indy I know it's been Ron Fisher ( who doesn't know football) and Rick Venturi.

Congratuations  and a great win tonight by our Indianapolis Colts, winning 24-14 at St. Louis, and finally both, ending their seven-game preseason losing streak, and winning their first preseason game in more than two years! :D   Undrafted rookie Tyler Varga may have a shot to make the 53-man regular season roster, with his one yard touchdown run, and Coach Chuck Pagano's decision to go for the two-point conversion paid off when Griff  Whalen also scored in the end zone.  Adam Vinatieri's 55-yard field goal with less than three minuites in the game proved to be the game clincher.

Colts now prepare to even their record to 2-2, as they play their annual preseason rivalry, and series with the Cincinnati Bengals southeast Interstate 74, for both teams final preseason finale.  Both the Colts and the Bengals, and the rest of the NFL teams will all play their games next Thursday Night.

Remaining Colts free agents, veteran reserve players and free agents, are expected to receive a lot of playing time, while the veteran starters are likely to watch from the sidelines, as all of them are competing in front of the coaching staffs and fans, to make the final 53-man regular season roster.

We will enjoy this win for now, and see our Colts again Thursday Night with the Bengals. Until then, thanks to all you participating in the Colts Game  Thread Forum, continue to stay Colts Strong to all of you, and GO COLTS!!!!!     :coltslogo:   :1colts:   :colts:   :helmet:  :blueshoe:  :coltshorse:  :coltslogo:  :D

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Are we, as Colts fans, overvaluing or undervaluing Jacoby Brissett?   It probably depends on how you look at our backup QB.  If you are looking at him compared to other backup QBs around the league, you are probably undervaluing him.  I could make the argument that he is the most valuable backup in the NFL.  And I think Ballard agrees.   However, if you're looking at Jacoby as trade-bait, you might be overvaluing him.  A team trading for Jacoby would want him to be their starter.  Granted, this article is written by David Carr for NFL.com, so take it with a grain of salt, but he has at least 10 other QBs ranked ahead of Brissett for other teams to consider drafting, signing as a FA, or trading for.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018216/article/ten-quarterbacks-worth-pursuing-via-tradefree-agencynfl-draft   I expected to see Brissett on that list.  When I didn't, I wondered if I'm overvaluing our backup by viewing him through my blue-colored glasses...   And I think the draft-stock of the QB prospects will only increase leading up to the draft.  I just don't see a team offering Ballard enough to part ways with Jacoby at this point.
    • I'd like to see more games for a bigger sample data. Richardson's expertise is brute raw strength, which is also why he did so well in college -- his opposition was undersized. Now we're placing Trent in a development league and suddenly we're surprised he's doing well? I'm not biting yet. You put me into a game with a bunch of old ladies and I can make myself look strong, too.
    • Fort Wayne, Indiana.   1995 AFC Chamuonship game its Harbaugh is when I started to be a Colts fan.
    • Flowers as well as Dante Fowler Jr. should also be available.  I would be happy will Flowers and Robert Quinn when he is released.  Those two would be great additions.  I can see Quinn getting double digit sacks again moving back to DE. 
  • Members

• bradgt04

bradgt04 144

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 1,922

• colt18

colt18 228

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 617

• jvan1973

jvan1973 15,771

• PureLuck